Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 3

What restaurant meal do you miss most during this time of isolation and stay-at-home orders?

Honestly, we always made plans to go out to the Big CityTM and try out new restaurants there, and that's what we miss the most. Definitely going out for a day trip once restrictions get lifted. I'm running low on the good noodles.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 3

What restaurant meal do you miss most during this time of isolation and stay-at-home orders?

Most of the restaurants that I eat at are still open for take out, so I don't miss the meal. I do miss being able to go for a motorcycle ride & having a place to stop & relax.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

The daily special from the Korean place at the city market near work.  Mmmmmm

I'm missing a couple of good Thai places, myself. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 3

There are a couple of really good oriental places near here, owned by some really sweet immigrants.

• Like 9

May 3

saag paneer

• Like 7

May 3

Cap'n John & I are take out kind of Guys. SO we have pretty much had things as normal with the exception of LBJ Donut where we would have a pleasant eat out breakfast once a week.

• Like 8

May 3

I miss my coffee shop, Cryptozology. They closed the end of March and then lost their lease the end of April. 

I have food allergies that makes dining out hard in normal times and without the free access to staff for questions, take out is severely limited.  Our neighborhood Mexican restaurant recently reopened for take out only, so Margaritas are top of my list. (Yes! Take Out alcohol drinks!)

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

23 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Yes, for many years whenever we would travel by car to see family we took our dog Jane. She loved riding around in the car and exploring new places wherever we'd stop. For the longest time we had a compact car. And Jane, being a large dog, could lay in the back and then stretch out onto the armrest between the front seats. On long car trips she'd fall asleep there with my arm resting on top of her head. She's too old for car trips now. One quick turn or tap of the brakes and she's likely to seriously injure herself. 

She's laying here on the patio next to me, and just to see if she remembers them, I asked her if she wanted to go for a car ride. She woke right up. Now I have to get her a treat so she'll quit giving me this look...

20200502_135307.thumb.jpg.e79c88688d3c29d4a106edda8ab64118.jpg

What an adorable senior woof!

May 3

Especially Tapas/Sushi style restaurants,

you know the kind where you get small portions each round.

You can put a lot on the table at home but that's not the same.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

May 3

I'm not much of an eating out person and a few places still deliver so I'm fine.

Every Chinese place in town closing down is both depressing and disappointing though.

• Like 8

May 3

IMG_953.jpg.7e9d65e5620dd24b0a735d6c9a2d0887.jpg418D476B-652B-4AC1-8BEE-A8D7576128A2.thumb.jpeg.ecd48e570f227b952ae023ebb5d5ac2d.jpeg7F35D823-60B0-4D50-82BD-6F9473D8072E.thumb.jpeg.f73ee45a4823bbfb60f34270a8611144.jpeg

Don't make me choose.....  :rock:

FE7306DC-A800-401C-B572-4842C6D9A98F.thumb.jpeg.40505396d5fba56aa945a8c03002dd72.jpeg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 3

House made veggie burgers, gourmet fries and spiked milkshakes from The Burger Stand :down:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 3

Pizza. There is one brick oven place in town that makes an amazing pie. I refuse, in a city that has a large Italian population, to order chain pizza (Dominos, Little Caesar, etc).

Unfortunately they closed down immediately when the initial distancing began, so they're not doing takeout. I've thought about calling the owner and asking her to open for takeout.

Pretty much anything else I can prepare as good as the best chefs in town, so...meh. A couple nights ago we had a nice lemon garlic linguini with seared scallops that was amazing (secret is cast iron skillet + heat) and then a far less fancy bacon cheeseburgeritos (we didn't have buns!). A bacon cheeseburgerito is easy and really great comfort food, I'll go add it to the recipe thread. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 3

The burrito/enchilada/chile relleno plate at my local Mexican place.

I shouldn't anyway because of diet but it's also what I miss most. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 3

Not many, but I could... engulf... a good Gurkhali curry right now.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 3

We don't eat out a great deal here, because it's mostly fast food in the smallish town where I live (largest town in the county though). We haven't been doing any fast food either because, given the delayed response to safety measures that stores here have had it's just not worth the risk. (some local groceries have been extremely slow to realize the way they utilize carts and lack of sanitizing is unwise... *cough* Aldi *cough*).

But my parents are about ready to mutiny if I don't get them a hamburger from Burger King soon.

• Like 9