• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ooook
      First minis for "Rangers of Shadow Deep" :
      Team 1 : Ranger + falcon Team 2 : Ranger + hound Bestiary : 4 zombies, 2 giant rats, 10 giant spiders Tokens : 10 cocoons  
      (more pics on my blog)

• By 72moonglum
      Hello to all the forumites of this fine page!

So just finished this set a few days ago, the Ral Partha Water Lords, sculpted by Jim Johnson I'm thinking in the nineties, even though as per always, I forgot to look at the date stamp at the bottom before I put them on their base.

I can really only directly show one of these minis, because the other two are ladies with their aquatic lady parts floundering all over, so here's the first one:

and here is then a link to the female aquatic elf:

Female aquatic elf from the Water Lords

If you were interested in seeing other angles (this is the one I put on the Lost Mini Wiki), you could check out on my Instagram account Moonglumsminis

And here is the Water Elemental in this set, a really cool piece in my opinion, but once again, full of even more mammal parts than the lady elf:

Water Elemental

Also on my Instagram page is the back angle of this wet and wonderful woman!

So it was very fun painting these guys, and I got to use a lot of my sea color paints from Reaper, which just don't get enough use these days.  For the elves, I wanted them to be kind of subdued colors, as if they were down in the deep blue sea, and then with the male elf's mount, I was kind of in a conundrum, do I also give him subdued colors, or do I do a more tropical color scheme to offset the pale elf colors?  In the end, I opted for the brighter tropical colors to give hopefully a bit more visual interest.  

The whites I think as the highlights for the water come off "whiter" in the actual minis, wish that would translate a bit more in the photos, but I think they came out more or less decently.  

Around this same time, Ral Partha also did some other "elemental" blister packs, they did a fire one, an air one, and an earth blister pack. They were all sculpted by Jim Johnson, one of the few sculptors I can never seem to find anything out about.  I'd previously painted a female djinn from the air set, but I think I'm going revisit them all to hopefully get them all done one of these days in the far-flung future.  And just as a final mention, you can get all of these elemental minis, the water ones and others, on the Iron Wind Metals web site.

Anyhoos, enjoy and have a beautiful week of labor and painting (labor as work, not a week full of pre-partum pain)!

Mark aka 72Moonglum
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a model that had been waiting 34 years before being painted, Ral Partha 02-333 Acrobatic Thief sculpted by Julie Guthrie.
      "Thanks to @Thoramel, for providing me with the model info.

• By lazarp
      Painted some zombies for my Rangers of Shadowdeep games, they were quick and fun to paint 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you fine purveyors or all things Reaper and miniature related!

So here this evening, I'm posting up a miniature sculpted by Dennis Mize back in 1989 (I actually looked at the bottom before adhering him on to his base) and you may or may not recognize him.  

He's a more "realistic" version of a certain comic book classic, Groo the Wanderer, officially named in the Iron Wind Metal Site as a Brainless Barbarian:

In case you've never actually met him, here is what he looks like in the two-dimensional world:

Super-fun mini to paint, pretty straightforward, the only issue that I had created in my mind was painting his tunic orange, kind of to match his comic book coloring, but in the end it was a bit easier than I thought.  I think it was also way back in the day that maybe Dark Horse Miniatures made cartoon versions of him as miniatures.  I would one day love to snag some of those, but that will be for another Ebay adventure I'm sure. 

So a double blast to the past, both in comic book and miniature form, hope you enjoy!

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)