Sign in to follow this  
Samedi

Mid-Nor Musician

I started this little guy some years ago, but then I got stuck and he just set on my shelf of shame and stared at me (I had already painted the eyes).

Now I finally finished him, so it's a collaboration of Younger Samedi and Not-So-Young-Anymore-Samedi. Funny thing is, I have no idea what colours Young Samedi used, I just remember mixing some greens and browns together for the skin. And of course my all-time favourite metallic: The copper of the old Reaper Pro Paint series.

Young Samedi was a keyboard player, that's why he liked this mini so much - I mean, how many minis of keyboard players are there?

Not-So-Young-Anymore-Samedi plays keyboard only very sporadically. But at least he finishes his painting projects now and then... :lol:

So enjoy, C&C very welcome, as always!

IMG_2863.jpg.e7bc777232b33de70a7925cb64a4c757.jpg

• Like 22

Mid-Nor one of my favorite Confrontation races.

Great job!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so finished this one a few days ago and he's been sent to his final home, a commission figure I was asked to do.  The figure itself is pretty neat, I'd never painted any Rackham figures before so it was something fun and different.  I think I can see a bit the joy of commissions for other people because you never know what you are going to receive. Anyhow, here he is, hope you enjoy him!

• By lazarp
      So I'm still experimenting with glow effects, but I'm pretty happy with this one 
      Painted her to be used as a sorcerer in my 9th age army

• By Nameless
      My first mini painted in 2017. Actually, it's another long time WIP of mine, I'm happy to see it finished.   The snakeman is from Mierce Miniatures and it surely has a weird name, Sss'ths'pfff or something like that (seriously though, it's Vilthiss, Champion of Khthon). Yes, I know it has no proper base, but that's beacause it will be (hopefully) part of a bigger project under the working title of Beastmen of Dark Forest.     ​Oh, if the forum made the pic too small, try my FB page (link in the signature), like and share ;)    
    • By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWwEryYc3Q

So one of my campaign encounters calls for a skeleton playing a violin. I had a few ideas on how I could go about accomplishing this. Modifying a skeleton miniature to hold a violin. Then I found this mini. I really wish they had a version that wasn't metal for this miniature though.

The mini in question is supposed to be the boss of an encounter the players run into which leads into bigger plots later. In short though its supposed to be dripping a black ichor from the eyes to make it scarier and to emphasis the point "this is a powerful enemy" and not just some random skeleton bard.

The actual painting went along the lines of

White base coat, followed by coloring the violin and leather straps brown, the metal armor black, i did a wash of brown followed by a black to give contrasting colors of dirt and mold. I also added a small amount of a lighter blue as a wash to the violin and bow to make it contrast ever so slightly from the rest of the mini and to hopefully give it a sort of magical look. That last part didn't succeed like I had hoped but it was a good lesson in what does and what does not work.

I know the base needs something else to make it pop. This mini isn't "finished" yet for that very reason but im not sure how i want to finish the base of the mini. Probably some dirt. because dirt is always a good choice for a graveyard. I really should change my name to the "painting horror minis channel" because its an unintentional theme.

• By Glitterwolf
      This is from Rackham/Confrontation an Ophidian Warrior.
      He is a Heavy Snake Infantryman for my Lost World.

He originally came with a sword to put on his side, but I left it off.
      Liked him better this way.

He is on a resin base from Micro Art Studio enhanded with Vallejo Still Water.
      WIP is here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=136

On to the pics, some against my Jungle Backdrop Board.
      Likes and comments welcome.

• Who's Online   18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)