IDF Rules Question

Fatboy

OK, this is a problem that hasn't mattered up till now but will once my Outlaws arrive. ::D:

Models that have multiple IF missiles how do they work. After reading through the rules closely it seems to say that a TL roll is made as normal, if you are on target then both IF weapons hit but if you miss then they both scatter. However someone in our grouphas this idea that the TL only appplies to the 1st weapon and the second missile always scatters. Now this seems a bit silly and inconsistent with the rest of the rules to me. But anyway, can someone please clarify.....

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say 1 drift roll as both weapons were targeted to hit the same spot, it just isn't the correct spot. Even today if artillery is given a GPS location they will hot the target point almost everytime and when they don't they won't miss by much.

Stuart

The FAQ's in the JoR2 if I remember correctly.

In the case of the Outlaw, Thundebrird or anything else modified with dual IFM's, you roll TL once (and a TL roll in this case is either a proper TL on a unit or a target roll on a piece of terrain). If you suceed then your weapons hit. Job done. If you miss, then both scatter together.

Don't forget, that just cos you've only got one TL computer doesn't mean you have to fire both. As with DF weapons, you can fire the two IFM's against seperate targets, and as with DF weapons you need to declare which target is getting the TL roll against it (either unit or point on the battlefield). The other one will automatically scatter.... but that can be a boon in some situations.

But in normal fire, both will do the same thing, either scatter for a failed TL or hit because of a sucessful TL.

Hope this helps.