Sign in to follow this  
Unit04

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles - Mission 21

B:GCC - Mission 21 "A Golden Opportunity" has the heroes catch Deadpool Deathstroke mid-robbery as he attempts to steal a formula for kryptonite locked behind a door.  

I think my favorite color that I bought from Reaper is their Hazard Yellow.  It slots in nicely between yellow and orange and works wonderfully in a lot of different situations.  I think it is spot on for Deadpool Deathstroke.   

293160241_2020-05-0210_01_39.thumb.jpg.9ef1c9d5d769ca42b915bb6640b61a4d.jpg 1663996515_2020-05-0210_02_15.thumb.jpg.067668a1484f9354f29e800d591ceab2.jpg

Riddler Goons.  I like the color scheme, but I debated for a while if I should switch up the colors a little to make them easier to distinguish on the board.  In the end, I decided against it in favor of the K.I.S.S. principle.  If I play the game enough where it is a problem, I'll be happy.

Goons with Sticks

684551768_2020-05-0210_03_13.thumb.jpg.ec32227862a325b6125a10923a287319.jpg

Goons with Guns

84856206_2020-05-0210_04_43.thumb.jpg.e878522c1eac7b5f5c024a9512b32b35.jpg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Unit04 said:

Riddler Goons.  I like the color scheme, but I debated for a while if I should switch up the colors a little to make them easier to distinguish on the board.  In the end, I decided against it in favor of the K.I.S.S. principle.  If I play the game enough where it is a problem, I'll be happy.

That's been a bit of an issue with my Imperial Assault as well.  There aren't many ways to differentiate between Stormtroopers!

But I've found that it's easy to just paint a vertical stripes/hash marks on the base.  In the case of IA, I also switch up the colors of the stripes (first unit is white, second is red, third is purple, fourth is teal) to match the colors used for ID tokens/stickers in the game/app (red is for elites, the purple and teal are just generic).   

• Like 2

That IS a lovely yellow!

And I think those goons look just fine; diversity in skin and hair gets the job done while allowing the uniforms to remain uniform. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rigel said:

And I think those goons look just fine; diversity in skin and hair gets the job done while allowing the uniforms to remain uniform. 

It is the diversity in TEAMS that I may need.  Each team activates as a team, but they may be all over the board.  I confused similar things before (the two versions of thugs when none were painted) and there is enough things to keep track of in this game that it may lessen the mental load by a bit.  The big drawback is that they may no longer resemble the card, which would increase the mental load.   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unit04
      B: GCC - T-Rex.  Technically this should be "The Wayne Manor Expansion - Part 3", but when you have the option to put a T-Rex in the title, you do it!

When you think of Batman, the first thing that comes to mind is "dinosaurs" of course.  This is the robot dino that appeared in the Batcave after Bruce turned it into a museum of sorts.  It was fun to paint, partially because no color scheme is particularly "wrong".  

T-Rex.  Alfred for scale.  

Other side.

From the front.

Ok.  I'm just having fun now.  

ROAR!

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Wayne Manor Expansion adds some missions to the game that take place in the Batcave and the Wayne Mansion. 

For Part 2, I worked on the "superhero" suited figures.

Batman's Thrasher suit.  Pretty simple but I enjoy how it came out.  

Batwing (the hero, not the vehicle).

Red Robin.  Sadly, I broke him (stupid single attachment point) and couldn't quite get him back in the same pose.  

The Bat Robots.  I think they really missed an opportunity here to call them Bat-bots.  

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Wayne Manor Expansion has a few more missions that take place in Wayne Manor or the Batcave.  

The "plain clothes" heroes of the set

Bruce Wayne suited up in a different way.

Alfred, always good to have handy.  

Barbara Gordon/Oracle.  I prefer her as Batgirl but Oracle certainly has merit.  

Julia Pennyworth, Alfred's daughter.

Bats! The first and third from the left are facing away from the camera.  Three of the figures have a bat that is missing a wing.  I wouldn't have noticed if the fourth didn't obviously have a wing there.  I wonder what happened.  Did the mold break or what.  

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Versus Mode gives us three new heroic henchmen to pick from.  Unlike the core game, versus mode has two masterminds battling it out against each other.  There is still a mission to complete but the setup is much different.  Each team typically gets a main character, a side character and some minions.  

DEVGRU.  Apparently they are a real thing that has been comicbook-ified.    They remind me a bit of a cyborg cop in the AD Police anime.  

Heavy Assault GCPD SWAT. 

Bomb Disposal Drones.  I thought I should give them a brighter color scheme since you probably don't want to be near them when they are doing their job.  And make them easier to recover if they fail.  

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Hero Box Leftovers "aaaand DONE!"* The hero box had some police drones I had yet to paint (and they just as often show up as villainous henchmen) and some of the neutral innocent people of Gotham you sometimes need to rescue.  

*The first wave also had several expansions, so I'll probably tackle them next.  

Police Drones (with guns!)

Bystanders

Citizens.  I don't know what makes these "citizens" and the bystanders "bystanders", but whatever.  

• Who's Online   20 Members, 3 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)