SamuraiJack

Creality CR-6 SE 5/6

One week to go.

First, second and third stretch goals have been reached -

c65804dbdabf57748f439ca8212de22c_origina

Add-ons have been... added on. ::):

These are spare parts, not upgrades -

e27b85eaf0044caa05bdc77275244b45_origina

The part that most often needs replacement is... also the cheapest - the MK Nozzles at $0.84. Definitely grabbing a few spares.

That final, $5M Stretch Goal... does not interest me at all - I want it in the basic black! :lol:

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

I'm curious if the stock extruder is metal or not. I need to read it closer. Also if the extruder for this one is the same as the Ender 3.

17 hours ago, haldir said:

I'm curious if the stock extruder is metal or not. I need to read it closer. Also if the extruder for this one is the same as the Ender 3.

Do a search on youtube and you'll find some reviews about it. It doesn't seem to be a metal extruder but it is not the same as the Ender 3's.

Not sure what the driver upgrade is supposed to do for us but think the 32 bit motherboard is better. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zink said:

Do a search on youtube and you'll find some reviews about it. It doesn't seem to be a metal extruder but it is not the same as the Ender 3's.

Not sure what the driver upgrade is supposed to do for us but think the 32 bit motherboard is better. 

The newer stepper drivers are virtually silent, especially compared to the stock ones, which squeal.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The newer stepper drivers are virtually silent, especially compared to the stock ones, which squeal.

The stretch goal drivers won't really be any quieter than the initially included ones. They will be maybe slightly more precise. The main feature is they put out a lot less heat so overheating the board is less likely to happen. I think they might also have a few extra tweaking options that won't be relevant to most people. It's really similar to the 32bit upgrade in that it's nice to have in case you every do something where it matters, but most people will never notice the difference.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cmorse said:

The stretch goal drivers won't really be any quieter than the initially included ones. They will be maybe slightly more precise. The main feature is they put out a lot less heat so overheating the board is less likely to happen. I think they might also have a few extra tweaking options that won't be relevant to most people. It's really similar to the 32bit upgrade in that it's nice to have in case you every do something where it matters, but most people will never notice the difference.

Oh, I just assumed they were still going to use the same drivers they've used in soooooo many other Creality boards, hence why my comment being the way it was. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oh, I just assumed they were still going to use the same drivers they've used in soooooo many other Creality boards, hence why my comment being the way it was. 

The board they originally were coming with was the same or similar to the silent board that they've been selling as an upgrade for the current printers.

• Like 2

New update. CR-6 Max! Print Size 400×400×400mm! Can't find the price difference right now though. Tempting for the extra build size but not sure I need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2020 at 11:25 AM, Zink said:

New update. CR-6 Max! Print Size 400×400×400mm! Can't find the price difference right now though. Tempting for the extra build size but not sure I need it.

Well the pledge for two CR-6 SEs is less than for one CR-6 SEs Max.  

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 11:25 AM, Zink said:

The way I understand it, once you start getting that big the weight/momentum of the build surface moving back and forth can start causing problems. Something like the Ender 5 Plus, though a bit smaller, is probably a better configuration for large prints. 

• Like 1

Think I'm going to hold out for a resin printer at this point since my Anycubic is working fine, but I'd be all over this if I was just getting started.

• Like 2

Same.. although Creality messaged me privately and offered me $10 off and gave me instructions on how to pledge for the lower price if I wanted back in.. I'm just not sure I want to wade into FDM and Resin at the same time.. and I have access to both in the maker space i am a member of..

14 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Well the pledge for two CR-6 SEs is less than for one CR-6 SEs Max.  

That makes the decision a lot easier. For a bit more I might have been tempted. For double no. I'm already spending more on this than I originally wanted for a 3d printer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zink said:

That makes the decision a lot easier. For a bit more I might have been tempted. For double no. I'm already spending more on this than I originally wanted for a 3d printer.

Yeah, I also had the idea that a bigger printer might be nice for terrain but it was an easy decision at that price.  

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 5:08 AM, cmorse said:

The way I understand it, once you start getting that big the weight/momentum of the build surface moving back and forth can start causing problems. Something like the Ender 5 Plus, though a bit smaller, is probably a better configuration for large prints. 

At that size, a fat Delta printer is probably the best because there the bed doesn't move at all. 

Slicers used to have settings for print speed at different layer height, so that you could get it to print at lower speed when it gets to a specific altitude. That could be used to combat the inertia issues of large prints. I think that type of setting just disappeared as printers became more robust.   

• Like 2