Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Creality CR-6 SE 5/6

Recommended Posts

One week to go.

 

First, second and third stretch goals have been reached -

 

c65804dbdabf57748f439ca8212de22c_origina

 

Add-ons have been... added on. ::):

 

These are spare parts, not upgrades -

e27b85eaf0044caa05bdc77275244b45_origina

 

The part that most often needs replacement is... also the cheapest - the MK Nozzles at $0.84. Definitely grabbing a few spares.

 

That final, $5M Stretch Goal... does not interest me at all - I want it in the basic black! :lol:

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious if the stock extruder is metal or not. I need to read it closer. Also if the extruder for this one is the same as the Ender 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, haldir said:

I'm curious if the stock extruder is metal or not. I need to read it closer. Also if the extruder for this one is the same as the Ender 3.

 

Do a search on youtube and you'll find some reviews about it. It doesn't seem to be a metal extruder but it is not the same as the Ender 3's.

 

Not sure what the driver upgrade is supposed to do for us but think the 32 bit motherboard is better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Zink said:

 

Do a search on youtube and you'll find some reviews about it. It doesn't seem to be a metal extruder but it is not the same as the Ender 3's.

 

Not sure what the driver upgrade is supposed to do for us but think the 32 bit motherboard is better. 

The newer stepper drivers are virtually silent, especially compared to the stock ones, which squeal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The newer stepper drivers are virtually silent, especially compared to the stock ones, which squeal.

 

The stretch goal drivers won't really be any quieter than the initially included ones. They will be maybe slightly more precise. The main feature is they put out a lot less heat so overheating the board is less likely to happen. I think they might also have a few extra tweaking options that won't be relevant to most people. It's really similar to the 32bit upgrade in that it's nice to have in case you every do something where it matters, but most people will never notice the difference.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmorse said:

 

The stretch goal drivers won't really be any quieter than the initially included ones. They will be maybe slightly more precise. The main feature is they put out a lot less heat so overheating the board is less likely to happen. I think they might also have a few extra tweaking options that won't be relevant to most people. It's really similar to the 32bit upgrade in that it's nice to have in case you every do something where it matters, but most people will never notice the difference.

Oh, I just assumed they were still going to use the same drivers they've used in soooooo many other Creality boards, hence why my comment being the way it was. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oh, I just assumed they were still going to use the same drivers they've used in soooooo many other Creality boards, hence why my comment being the way it was. 

 

The board they originally were coming with was the same or similar to the silent board that they've been selling as an upgrade for the current printers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update. CR-6 Max! Print Size 400×400×400mm! Can't find the price difference right now though. Tempting for the extra build size but not sure I need it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 11:25 AM, Zink said:

New update. CR-6 Max! Print Size 400×400×400mm! Can't find the price difference right now though. Tempting for the extra build size but not sure I need it.

 

Well the pledge for two CR-6 SEs is less than for one CR-6 SEs Max.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 11:25 AM, Zink said:

New update. CR-6 Max! Print Size 400×400×400mm! Can't find the price difference right now though. Tempting for the extra build size but not sure I need it.

 

The way I understand it, once you start getting that big the weight/momentum of the build surface moving back and forth can start causing problems. Something like the Ender 5 Plus, though a bit smaller, is probably a better configuration for large prints. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I'm going to hold out for a resin printer at this point since my Anycubic is working fine, but I'd be all over this if I was just getting started.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same.. although Creality messaged me privately and offered me $10 off and gave me instructions on how to pledge for the lower price if I wanted back in.. I'm just not sure I want to wade into FDM and Resin at the same time.. and I have access to both in the maker space i am a member of..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

 

Well the pledge for two CR-6 SEs is less than for one CR-6 SEs Max.  

 

That makes the decision a lot easier. For a bit more I might have been tempted. For double no. I'm already spending more on this than I originally wanted for a 3d printer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zink said:

 

That makes the decision a lot easier. For a bit more I might have been tempted. For double no. I'm already spending more on this than I originally wanted for a 3d printer.

 

Yeah, I also had the idea that a bigger printer might be nice for terrain but it was an easy decision at that price.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 5:08 AM, cmorse said:

 

The way I understand it, once you start getting that big the weight/momentum of the build surface moving back and forth can start causing problems. Something like the Ender 5 Plus, though a bit smaller, is probably a better configuration for large prints. 

 

At that size, a fat Delta printer is probably the best because there the bed doesn't move at all. 

 

Slicers used to have settings for print speed at different layer height, so that you could get it to print at lower speed when it gets to a specific altitude. That could be used to combat the inertia issues of large prints. I think that type of setting just disappeared as printers became more robust.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Marvin
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fiftytwo-games/sinful-playing-cards/description
       
       
      Standard and Tarot playing cards from artist Darryl Petrucci. This is a collection of art, originally made for the game SINS, which has been highly praised for its immersive world building. The artwork is now available as a standard deck of cards (63x88mm) and as a tarot deck of cards (70x120mm). Each card has unique art and with its beautiful and simplistic design, the art is the center of attention!
       
      The artwork is based upon the deadly sins, portrayed by different characters. Throughout the 52 standard cards or 22 tarot cards, you'll find different interpretations of Lust, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Greed and Sloth. Spirit, Beast and Spectral creatures embody each card to tell their own story. 
       
       
      Anybody seen this/know anything about it? I like the art for the cards but never heard of the company and all.
    • By Glitterwolf
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkart/medieval-dead-ii?ref=ksr_email_backer_project_update_registered_users_discover_project_similar_1
       

    • By saucermenstudios
      We just launched our first kickstarter for 3D printable, scifi terrain - It funded in two hours and stretch goals are being unlocked fast!
       
      The set features a modular setup and has a variety of upgrades and accessories.
       
      You can see more at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/ordus-station
       
       









    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1314367776/fantasy-scenery-and-accessories
       
      Story
      Hello, you are in front of our first project. We have lovingly developed it and hard work to offer accessories for modeling, role-playing games, wargames, dungeon games, skirmish games, or whatever your imagination and miniature creations need.
      We hope that with your help we can continue moving forward together around miniature hobby.
      We offer to yo a lot of items groups of accessories, scenery and furniture to go with your miniature games. 
      All the items are manufacture in plastic resin. Ready to paint.
      6 sacks + 4 barrels (2 open + 2 close) + 1 big barrel + 4 pots ( 4 models) + 4 boxes ( 4 models) + 6 chest (2 open + 4 close) + 1 big chest
      12 tombstones (6 diferent models) + 2 crosses ( 2 models) + 1 obelisk   10 x ruined columns (5 differen models) + 1 x summon circle + 1 x altar 1 wardrobe + 2 bookcase (shelves are separated) + 1 table + 2 benchs + 1 round table + 3 stools   All In Early Bird only first 72 hours (and all unlocked strech goals) All IN you get all (and all unlocked strech goals) Comparison with Avatars of War miniature Comparison with Avatars of War miniature  
      The casting of our miniatures will be carried out by the company Miniaturas Alemany that with more than 20 years of experience and its participation in varied and numerous crowdfundings assures quality and punctuality.
    • By VinegarFog
      Welcome to our first campaign: Dungeon Delights

      Vinegar Fog endeavours to present the most entertaining and enjoyable STL files for your tabletop gaming needs.

      Is the lack of ambience in your dungeon boring your players? Liven the place up with the screams of torture!! Gargles and cries shall once again flood your cavernous tunnels...

      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vinegarfog/dungeon-delights
       
       
       
       
       

  • Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...