Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Creality CR-6 SE 5/6

9 hours ago, cmorse said:

changing to ship a month early by boat instead of shipping on time by air isn't really something to brag about.

Air freight costs have nearly quadrupled because passenger flights are not available to carry cargo due to COVID.  I've already had other KS's shifting to boat to avoid passing the cost on to backers..

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Air freight costs have nearly quadrupled because passenger flights are not available to carry cargo due to COVID.  I've already had other KS's shifting to boat to avoid passing the cost on to backers..

Which I think is fine since they managed to start shipping early and they are on track to deliver roughly when I was expecting them to. It's a fairly neutral change though, not something to be talked up at all. The shipping charges for the kickstarter were already higher rates than what they are currently charging for air delivery from China in their store. They launched in May so they knew what shipping prices were doing and the prices they charged specific to shipping seem to account for the increases in global shipping prices and then some, least that's what their own webstore indicates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cmorse said:

Which I think is fine since they managed to start shipping early and they are on track to deliver roughly when I was expecting them to. It's a fairly neutral change though, not something to be talked up at all. The shipping charges for the kickstarter were already higher rates than what they are currently charging for air delivery from China in their store. They launched in May so they knew what shipping prices were doing and the prices they charged specific to shipping seem to account for the increases in global shipping prices and then some, least that's what their own webstore indicates.

I disagree, a bit.

They found a solution, then took measures to have the KS deliver on time(ish).

They had to hustle to meet the new day to begin shipping, to deliver at the same time, despite the slower freight.

Enough effort went in that I would say they earned their bragging rights.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

I was mostly refering to the people complaining about the printers being shipped to the US first and the general vibe in those comments. Yes, they said they'd ship by numbers, but with the speed at which they put these out most orders will most likely still be on the water by the time all are send out. I'm still seeing a KS that is going well and seems to be able to have product in backers' hands come August/September. Maybe I've just gotten too relaxed from other KS campaigns being months late or waiting additional weeks/months for EU fulfillment after the US backers already got their stuff.

• Like 4

So it's now sounding like there may have been some communication errors (not really shocking when dealing with translations) regarding shipping and they didn't switch everything to sea freight, so people who paid for air shipping are still actually getting it. Some people are reporting printers delivered in the US which seems to confirm it. If the correction is right then I take back what I said about shipping early not being much to talk about.

• Like 3

If anyone's gotten their printer yet, be careful. A number of them have caught on fire.

CREALITY

Dear Customers:

For those of you who have recently purchased the Creality CR-6 SE, thank you. For most of you, the experience has been a good one, for some, due to mistakes that are entirely the responsibility of Creality3D it has been unpleasant- and you have our profound apologies. This is not how we normally do business. In fact, it has always been how we set ourselves apart from our competitors. Now, all we can hope is that those customers who have been affected give us a chance to distinguish ourselves in how we address this problem.

We have recently received information about a fault in a small number of CR-6 SE 3D printers. The fault is well documented and in no way the result of user error or incorrect use. Those two possibilities having been eliminated, our engineering department is now in the process of determining if it is a design flaw, or quality control issue. We appreciate your patience and within 5 days intend to have an answer as to what the problem is, a plan to resolve the problem, and a policy to prevent anything like this from happening again.

During that time, we prefer to be overly-cautious and request that customers not leave their CR-6 SE unattended while printing. We will provide detailed information as soon as we have it, but if you have a defective unit please contact [email protected] so we can begin the resolution process.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for giving Creality3D the chance to make this right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

On 8/29/2020 at 11:38 AM, cmorse said:

If anyone's gotten their printer yet, be careful. A number of them have caught on fire.

CREALITY

Dear Customers:

For those of you who have recently purchased the Creality CR-6 SE, thank you. For most of you, the experience has been a good one, for some, due to mistakes that are entirely the responsibility of Creality3D it has been unpleasant- and you have our profound apologies. This is not how we normally do business. In fact, it has always been how we set ourselves apart from our competitors. Now, all we can hope is that those customers who have been affected give us a chance to distinguish ourselves in how we address this problem.

We have recently received information about a fault in a small number of CR-6 SE 3D printers. The fault is well documented and in no way the result of user error or incorrect use. Those two possibilities having been eliminated, our engineering department is now in the process of determining if it is a design flaw, or quality control issue. We appreciate your patience and within 5 days intend to have an answer as to what the problem is, a plan to resolve the problem, and a policy to prevent anything like this from happening again.

During that time, we prefer to be overly-cautious and request that customers not leave their CR-6 SE unattended while printing. We will provide detailed information as soon as we have it, but if you have a defective unit please contact [email protected] so we can begin the resolution process.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for giving Creality3D the chance to make this right.

118377773_1370142573191150_2983560903121684973_o.jpg

I hope they are right. Mine is still sitting in it's box in the garage, but I do want to open & use it soon!!

• Like 2

Kind of makes me glad mine is coming a bit later. May have less chance of having the small problems they are catching on the early builds. Hoping to get it soon though.

• Like 4

Mine arrived today with no tracking notice. No puff of smoke when I turned it on, so that's good so far. It does appear that it was tested at the factory to some level as the nozzle has some black filament in it and my roll is white.

Mine was listed as shipping in the Aug 20th batch, but according to the tracking number the label was printed on July 31 with US tracking starting on the Aug 27th from Newegg.

• Like 3

First test prints. The cat failed because I turned it off halfway through and left in overnight. It did successfully resume, but got knocked loose after about an 1/8". This was expected since the bed was cool for hours before the resume. Some stringing on the mini, but it was just using cura defaults.

3dprint test.jpg

• Like 4

If we can get prints of the quality of that I'll be satisfied. Well minus the breaking loose and spaghetti. Plan was to use it mostly for terrain but there's zero chance I will not be trying minis.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cmorse said:

First test prints. The cat failed because I turned it off halfway through and left in overnight. It did successfully resume, but got knocked loose after about an 1/8". This was expected since the bed was cool for hours before the resume. Some stringing on the mini, but it was just using cura defaults.

3dprint test.jpg

The Flying Spaghetti Monster has chosen his sacrifice!

Ia! His Noodly Appendages!

The Auld Grump - Megan is right - the FSM is the patron deity of FDM.

• Like 3