Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Members
9 hours ago, cmorse said:

changing to ship a month early by boat instead of shipping on time by air isn't really something to brag about.

 

Air freight costs have nearly quadrupled because passenger flights are not available to carry cargo due to COVID.  I've already had other KS's shifting to boat to avoid passing the cost on to backers..

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

 

Air freight costs have nearly quadrupled because passenger flights are not available to carry cargo due to COVID.  I've already had other KS's shifting to boat to avoid passing the cost on to backers..

 

Which I think is fine since they managed to start shipping early and they are on track to deliver roughly when I was expecting them to. It's a fairly neutral change though, not something to be talked up at all. The shipping charges for the kickstarter were already higher rates than what they are currently charging for air delivery from China in their store. They launched in May so they knew what shipping prices were doing and the prices they charged specific to shipping seem to account for the increases in global shipping prices and then some, least that's what their own webstore indicates.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cmorse said:

 

Which I think is fine since they managed to start shipping early and they are on track to deliver roughly when I was expecting them to. It's a fairly neutral change though, not something to be talked up at all. The shipping charges for the kickstarter were already higher rates than what they are currently charging for air delivery from China in their store. They launched in May so they knew what shipping prices were doing and the prices they charged specific to shipping seem to account for the increases in global shipping prices and then some, least that's what their own webstore indicates.

I disagree, a bit.

 

They found a solution, then took measures to have the KS deliver on time(ish).

 

They had to hustle to meet the new day to begin shipping, to deliver at the same time, despite the slower freight.

 

Enough effort went in that I would say they earned their bragging rights.

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was mostly refering to the people complaining about the printers being shipped to the US first and the general vibe in those comments. Yes, they said they'd ship by numbers, but with the speed at which they put these out most orders will most likely still be on the water by the time all are send out. I'm still seeing a KS that is going well and seems to be able to have product in backers' hands come August/September. Maybe I've just gotten too relaxed from other KS campaigns being months late or waiting additional weeks/months for EU fulfillment after the US backers already got their stuff.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's now sounding like there may have been some communication errors (not really shocking when dealing with translations) regarding shipping and they didn't switch everything to sea freight, so people who paid for air shipping are still actually getting it. Some people are reporting printers delivered in the US which seems to confirm it. If the correction is right then I take back what I said about shipping early not being much to talk about.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone's gotten their printer yet, be careful. A number of them have caught on fire.

 

CREALITY

Dear Customers:

For those of you who have recently purchased the Creality CR-6 SE, thank you. For most of you, the experience has been a good one, for some, due to mistakes that are entirely the responsibility of Creality3D it has been unpleasant- and you have our profound apologies. This is not how we normally do business. In fact, it has always been how we set ourselves apart from our competitors. Now, all we can hope is that those customers who have been affected give us a chance to distinguish ourselves in how we address this problem.

We have recently received information about a fault in a small number of CR-6 SE 3D printers. The fault is well documented and in no way the result of user error or incorrect use. Those two possibilities having been eliminated, our engineering department is now in the process of determining if it is a design flaw, or quality control issue. We appreciate your patience and within 5 days intend to have an answer as to what the problem is, a plan to resolve the problem, and a policy to prevent anything like this from happening again.

During that time, we prefer to be overly-cautious and request that customers not leave their CR-6 SE unattended while printing. We will provide detailed information as soon as we have it, but if you have a defective unit please contact [email protected] so we can begin the resolution process.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for giving Creality3D the chance to make this right.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 11:38 AM, cmorse said:

If anyone's gotten their printer yet, be careful. A number of them have caught on fire.

 

CREALITY

Dear Customers:

For those of you who have recently purchased the Creality CR-6 SE, thank you. For most of you, the experience has been a good one, for some, due to mistakes that are entirely the responsibility of Creality3D it has been unpleasant- and you have our profound apologies. This is not how we normally do business. In fact, it has always been how we set ourselves apart from our competitors. Now, all we can hope is that those customers who have been affected give us a chance to distinguish ourselves in how we address this problem.

We have recently received information about a fault in a small number of CR-6 SE 3D printers. The fault is well documented and in no way the result of user error or incorrect use. Those two possibilities having been eliminated, our engineering department is now in the process of determining if it is a design flaw, or quality control issue. We appreciate your patience and within 5 days intend to have an answer as to what the problem is, a plan to resolve the problem, and a policy to prevent anything like this from happening again.

During that time, we prefer to be overly-cautious and request that customers not leave their CR-6 SE unattended while printing. We will provide detailed information as soon as we have it, but if you have a defective unit please contact [email protected] so we can begin the resolution process.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for giving Creality3D the chance to make this right.

 

 

 

118377773_1370142573191150_2983560903121684973_o.jpg

 

I hope they are right. Mine is still sitting in it's box in the garage, but I do want to open & use it soon!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine arrived today with no tracking notice. No puff of smoke when I turned it on, so that's good so far. It does appear that it was tested at the factory to some level as the nozzle has some black filament in it and my roll is white.

 

Mine was listed as shipping in the Aug 20th batch, but according to the tracking number the label was printed on July 31 with US tracking starting on the Aug 27th from Newegg.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

First test prints. The cat failed because I turned it off halfway through and left in overnight. It did successfully resume, but got knocked loose after about an 1/8". This was expected since the bed was cool for hours before the resume. Some stringing on the mini, but it was just using cura defaults.

3dprint test.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cmorse said:

First test prints. The cat failed because I turned it off halfway through and left in overnight. It did successfully resume, but got knocked loose after about an 1/8". This was expected since the bed was cool for hours before the resume. Some stringing on the mini, but it was just using cura defaults.

3dprint test.jpg

The Flying Spaghetti Monster has chosen his sacrifice!

 

Ia! His Noodly Appendages!

 

The Auld Grump - Megan is right - the FSM is the patron deity of FDM.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Cranky Dog
      I barely received my last campaign pledge from Midlam that already it has something that caught my interest.
       
      Sisters of the Kraken Cult. The female counterparts of the previous "Onslaught of the Cult of the Kraken Lord" and "Cultists of the Kraken Lord". (I now have some regret of not getting it)
       

       
      What's also interesting is the optional add-on of fish folk.

       
      Brinewind is going to have some interesting neighbors.
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/to-the-mummys-tomb-a-halfling-expedition/description
       
      Story
      After the estate of one Fomo Barrowblight (who many moons ago, and with heavily laden bags, had said he was just off for a morning walk, never to return) was sold at auction, there came to light a strange scroll that appeared to be a map of the final resting place of a lost tribe of halflings.  These cousins lived down in the scorching Southlands, amidst endless dunes that had buried whole cities and civilisations.
      The newly elected (and so still very enthusiastic) Halfling Town Council had organised an expedition to make contact with their fellow halflings, with the aim of swapping some stories and recipes, and who knows, perhaps even coming back with some interesting new cakes.
      And, after many great perils and travails, the expedition found itself in a mysterious location known as 'The Valley of the Things'.  Here, recipes in strange hieroglyphs were marked on tomb walls,  guarded jealously by High Priests and long mummified pastry chefs.  
      The expedition takes time to assuage the fears of the High Priests that they are here to steal the sacred recipes and make formal diplomatic relations.  But Fomo Barrowblight and another mysterious figure seem intent on stealing the recipe to the sacred pie and have already gleaned some of the ingredients...
      To the Mummy's Tomb!
      Introducing a series of  Eight Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale from a halfling expedition to the burial grounds of their cousins, in the desert southlands. 
        Halfling Town Council Five
      The latest elected Halfling Town Council, has been responsible for launching the expedition to the distant Southlands, as always, it is made up of eight different townsfolk from all walks of life.
       
       
       
      I've already pledged for the whole set, why haven't you?
       
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigchildcreatives/echoes-of-camelot-arthurian-legends
       
      Story
      Echoes of Camelot: Arthurian Legends is a project that will expand our 75mm resin miniature range with new and exciting models based on the Matter of Britan, particularly around the figure of King Arthur and his Knights. We have many cool surprises prepared should you help us bring this dream to life.
      These miniatures have been sculpted and painted here at the Big Child Creatives studio with the collaboration of some of the most talented miniature artists out there. And what is more, they will be manufactured by our own talented team of resin casting experts. This allows us to monitor the process closely to ensure the best quality in the market and a timely delivery.
      We have learned a lot from our previous campaigns, and we want to put all this experience to good use, repeating everything we did right, improving upon it, and correcting our past mistakes. We invite you to join us in this journey of discovery throughout the Matter of Britain and its amazing cast of unique characters.
      This campaign is a journey of discovery, full of surprises such as custom bits to make your miniatures even more striking than they already are. Some of these kits will be Kickstarter exclusive, so those of you who choose to support us will be able to proudly show it through unique miniatures, even more full of life and character than our regular releases.
         
      Painted by Ruben Martinez "RMA" Painted by Marc Masclans Painted by Arnau Lazaro
    • By GamerPrincess
      OMG!  Jason Weibe helped create the new Dwarven line being released on Kickstarter by Tomb Guardians!  These minis look so cool and they are cheap!  I haven't seen anyone post about this yet but here is the link.  It starts tomorrow morning.  They also said Bobby Jackson and Gene Van Horne created there monsters in the set.  Cant wait.   I purchased there Amazons and they were fantastic!  I posted some pics.  Im assuming the Fire Demon and add ons are in Resin.  
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/28mm-fantasy-dwarven-miniature-collection-ii/edit/preview
       
      Gamerprincess
       
       


    • By Gadgetman!
      A huge 2 for 1 KS!  
      (You get BOTH Humans and Halflings in one project! )
      Bloody Peasants! by Midlam Miniatures — Kickstarter
       
      Story
      "Oh no!  It's an armed agrarian uprising!"
      Toiling in the fields for their feudal overlords, the peasants are equally quick to turn their tools to defending their lands from monstrous invaders or, when pressed to the limit, revolting and overturning cruel and greedy landowners.
      Bloody Peasants!
      A selection of human and halfling farmers in 28mm scale miniatures for all of your fantasy games.
      You can choose from humans, halflings or both!
      The Humans
      A familiar sight in the villages surrounding Midlam.
      The Halflings
      A smaller folk, doing the same jobs as the longshanks.
       
       
       
      It's a Midlam project, so you know what that means;
      Maybe a stretch goal, very possibly an early fulfillment, and absolutely no nonsense. 
       
       
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...