Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
The dire crocodile, dire boar, and dire crab were one of the Bones 4 addons, and it doesn't look like they've hit retail just yet. Which is a shame, because we need more giant crabs.
The mud on the dire crocodile's base is just some water effect goo dribbled on that half of the base. The barnacles attached to the rocks on the dire crab's base were sculpted with green stuff. The rocks... those are just rocks.
I'm looking for something to stick Bones, specifically Ma'al Drakar's terrain, to a wooden base. It's not thick enough, at the area I want to place it, to pin effectively.
What kind of adhesives would work? I'm thinking epoxy, maybe? I just /really/ don't want to melt it accidentally and have to buy a new one.
I just like the way the blue/black wings look. - I did the same with the Librarian Sophie. (last month)
I really need to paint up one of the metal versions for contrast.
I'm not sure what she is serving - Meat, bread and salad is the way I painted it, but that could be cake instead.
With spending more time at home, I have been able to start painting a bit more. I have chosen to focus primarily on the figures that will have applications across multiple scenarios that might come up at the gaming table. I decided I would try to knock out some of these types of figures that I wouldn't normally choose to paint with the limited amount of time I normally have...outside of a global pandemic. These types of figs are good practice, and frankly, it will be great to have these figs ready to add to the table for atmosphere, if nothing else. Imagine that there is an encounter in a city setting where these two watchmen are not engaged, either down the street or a block away, but still on the battle map where the players can see them, it might make the tension a bit more palpable in that the scenario the party is engaged in. They might be overheard by the authorities. They will be heard of combat breaks out. IDK. Sounds like a good theory, anyway.
I sat down to paint these guys and started finding all these little details that I had missed. That, compounded by trying a new paint brand I really wasn't familiar with, they ended up taking longer than I had anticipated. Which, in hindsight, ended up being a good lesson in patience and perseverance. Despite all that. I am happy with the result.
I may have misled you a bit by the title as instead of using copper for the armor metallics, I thought that Vallejo Game Color Brassy Brass was a much more impactful metallic color while still being close enough to copper to make the pun work. The tabards are just RPE Miniature Paints Dark Green which is a bit thinner than I like for a base coat, but working in layers I was able to work up to a nice dark green base and then build up the highlights from there. The highlights where built up using RPE Miniature Paints Bright Green mixed in with thr Dark Green. These guys were good practice, and I got to try some free-hand on their badges, which is just a very loose interpretation of a fleur de lis.
Who's Online 20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)