72moonglum

Ral Partha Fighter Mage with Sword, sculpted by Julie Guthrie

Awesome paintjob.

His expression and posture somehow make me think this is a very evil man 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome paintjob.

His expression and posture somehow make me think this is a very evil man 

Yeah, he definitively gives off a sinister vibe...

• Like 1

Very nice painting of an elegant classic - I have a fondness for the look of fabrics from those figures - love the subtle sinister look to him - brightly colored evil!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Very nice painting of an elegant classic - I have a fondness for the look of fabrics from those figures - love the subtle sinister look to him - brightly colored evil!

You can't go wrong with evil and red, except in the case of Santa of course.....

• Like 1

Your painting style really goes well with these classic minis.  You pull out the detail and the character of them.  Well done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supervike said:

Your painting style really goes well with these classic minis.  You pull out the detail and the character of them.  Well done.

Thanks very much, the classics are my favorites!

On 5/5/2020 at 7:56 PM, 72moonglum said:

Hello all and good evening!

Another figure finished last night, a Julie Guthrie figure from the early eighties, Fighter Mage with Sword, a set of three fighter mages that she sculpted in the good old days.

Fun figure, pretty straightforward.  His long scarf is apparently a millipede, also a nice little touch!

Anyhoos, did him in kind of an oriental style, hope you all enjoy him!

oh for sure, very first character i played " back in the day D&D " was a dual class fighter-mage

do you have, (plan to paint) , the other 2 from the series? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fencig said:

oh for sure, very first character i played " back in the day D&D " was a dual class fighter-mage

do you have, (plan to paint) , the other 2 from the series? 

Yes actually, I've been trying to paint these older Guthrie pieces by original blister pack, so sooner or later I'll get the other two as well. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this