Sign in to follow this  
Adrift

Reasons you need the Bones ship in your RPG life..

2 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

I've still managed to not add the ship, although my wife seems to be encouraging me to do so.. even though it would probably never get used for gaming..  I did go all in on figureheads though...

I’m officially writing you a citation for not dungeons and dragons-ing hard enough if you’re not including maritime adventuring. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

I've still managed to not add the ship, although my wife seems to be encouraging me to do so.. even though it would probably never get used for gaming..  I did go all in on figureheads though...

But with the Brinewind extras and Brinewind you could have a Port with a Bar and Docks.

There's a whole adventure right there!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We've still got 2 more desert modules to finish!  

7 minutes ago, Adrift said:

I’m officially writing you a citation for not dungeons and dragons-ing hard enough if you’re not including maritime adventuring. 

When you've been stuck in a Desert AP for 18 months, there isn't a lot of maritime opportunities..

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

And maybe the campaign takes a tremendous turn as flood waters and rains come rushing into the (previously) scorched and barren desert; you’ve got to be prepared with a ship!!! You’ll be the miniatures Noah

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Adrift said:

:(

we havent done a ship...

BUT...

The campaign I'm DM'ing, the party has a couple spelljammer ships and a major helm they got in treasure and have just gotten control of an Abyssal chaos ship.  In time,  they will be travelling through a void in reality to reach the nexus of space/time, where the center of the multiverse began (for our modified planescape styled cosmos).

is that D&D'ing hard enough? :)  in almost 30 years playing, never did a ship before... but planehopping, reality bending, time travel..booyaa!!!

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

When you've been stuck in a Desert AP for 18 months, there isn't a lot of maritime opportunities..

Vanilla WoW and the AQ launch would like to have a word with you.  Plenty of ships wound up in deserts, and other areas :P

It's a world with magic, sorcery, and everything else, and we're just talking what's on the menu at the local tavern... Anything is possible in such an environment ^_^

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

we havent done a ship...

BUT...

The campaign I'm DM'ing, the party has a couple spelljammer ships and a major helm they got in treasure and have just gotten control of an Abyssal chaos ship.  In time,  they will be travelling through a void in reality to reach the nexus of space/time, where the center of the multiverse began (for our modified planescape styled cosmos).

is that D&D'ing hard enough? :)  in almost 30 years playing, never did a ship before... but planehopping, reality bending, time travel..booyaa!!!

Sanjay

I see nothing in what you’ve written that wouldn’t be even better with the aforementioned ships. 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, StarFyre said:

we havent done a ship...

BUT...

Sanjay

but have you blown up a moon?   

once they reach the nexus, they should totally get the opportunity to blow up/erase their own moon, or possibly add an extra one then blow it up later. 

not enough of the games I have been in have destroyed moons.  

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

once they reach the nexus, they should totally get the opportunity to blow up/erase their own moon, or possibly add an extra one then blow it up later. 

That’s no moon...

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

They may.  The campaign kinda became God of War (the video game).  They've killed a demigod, and a rank 6 lesser god and they just defeated a 7 in a bit of a modification of the old adventure Dead Gods.  Their goal is to kill Lolth, but little do they know, once they get the power to do that, they have something much bigger going on and it wont end there.   

They are all near level 30, Pathfinder Mythic Rank 5 (on the way to 10) and soon will be divine rank 0. (3rd edition Dieties and Demigods).  Right now, the larger scale issue (thats really happening and causing the primary issue in the multiverse) is seeping into their reality and affecting all the planes, prime worlds, etc so they are trying to get a handle of it. 

in the end i think several cahracters will replace gods in our cosmology or even create new ones. Hell maybe even reshape it completely. 

i Actually dont have an idea how it will end since it will truly be the skies the limits.

its a bit messy to explain but there is literally nothing they wont be able to do if they survive the end so however they want to finish off would be possible i think.

Sanjay

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Flying Ship I tell you!

Cut up the ROC, make the head the figurehead, add wings and tail and claws to the ship.

Presto!

Flying Desert Raiders Ship!

• Like 6

16 hours ago, StarFyre said:

They may.  The campaign kinda became God of War (the video game).  They've killed a demigod, and a rank 6 lesser god and they just defeated a 7 in a bit of a modification of the old adventure Dead Gods.  Their goal is to kill Lolth, but little do they know, once they get the power to do that, they have something much bigger going on and it wont end there.   

They are all near level 30, Pathfinder Mythic Rank 5 (on the way to 10) and soon will be divine rank 0. (3rd edition Dieties and Demigods).  Right now, the larger scale issue (thats really happening and causing the primary issue in the multiverse) is seeping into their reality and affecting all the planes, prime worlds, etc so they are trying to get a handle of it. 

in the end i think several cahracters will replace gods in our cosmology or even create new ones. Hell maybe even reshape it completely. 

i Actually dont have an idea how it will end since it will truly be the skies the limits.

its a bit messy to explain but there is literally nothing they wont be able to do if they survive the end so however they want to finish off would be possible i think.

Sanjay

That sounds badarse!

• Like 1

Grump runs about one pirate game a year. Two last year, if you count the Spelljammer game.

I see no way to avoid getting a ship.

When we do, I'll run a pirates game!

No idea what yet, but you can't let a ship go to waste.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump runs about one pirate game a year. Two last year, if you count the Spelljammer game.

I see no way to avoid getting a ship.

When we do, I'll run a pirates game!

No idea what yet, but you can't let a ship go to waste.

Hmmm,

Not a gamer, but I like stories, maybe you can make something out of these?

Some ideas.

• A notorious Pirate Captain obtained a delicate letter from a Noble which could compromise him when the content of that letter falls in the wrong hands? Said Noble hires adventurers to retrieve that letter at any cost?
  • While in a small town, the party meets a Naval Officer who has sworn to capture a certain Pirate but he's short on crew, will the party help him?
  • The party meets a shady stranger in a bar, he gives them a message, a pirate wants to clear his name and asks the party to arrange amnesty for him, in return he promises wealth.
  • A coastal town/fishing village has been bothered by pirates, once a month they arrive to demand tribute. The Mayor asks the Party to deal with the pirates.
  • The party goes fishing, the boat is taking water, a ship rescues them, but these are pirates, what will happen?

• Like 4