Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Triton - King of the Merfolk!

Nice and colorful. IMO color shift paints were made for mer-folk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is cleanly painted, which is certainly good, though I would suggest a bit more highlighting and shadowing on his body.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the comments and 'Likes' everyone!

13 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nice and colorful. IMO color shift paints were made for mer-folk.

Yeah, the effect in hand is great! Depending on how the light hits it his tail shimmers between green, blue and purple.

It's just a pity I can't take a picture of it in action.

53 minutes ago, Ishil said:

It is cleanly painted, which is certainly good, though I would suggest a bit more highlighting and shadowing on his body.

I thought I had probably over-glazed him trying to smooth everything out, need to get a bit more practice with unusual skintones.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Ironbelly Klegg, a member of the Fortune Hunters faction from the game Deep Wars, and my first ever mini (that I've finished) from Antimatter Games.

I'm still quite bad at painting crystals, lenses etc. so he made a pretty terrible choice for my first mini to paint, but I had fun.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Talae
      The Stygian Depths - Lost Temple of Xibalba, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168246/the-stygian-depths-lost-temple-of-xibalba
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Angel, the newest member of the Fishermen Guilds Guildball team.

Was pretty terrified of painting her fishnet leggings, but I think they turned out okay.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Pingo
      So these are a couple of "mantis warriors" which I'm painting up as thri-kreen, the insectoid race from the Dark Sun and Spelljammer D&D settings.  They are Reaper's 03552: Klichik, Mantis Warrior (the taller one), sculpted by John Winter, and 03142: Zizzix, Mantis Warrior (the squatter one), sculpted by Michael Brower.

Here they are for scale (and unassembled) with Reaper's 03155: Vandora Waverunner, Pirate, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

Straight out of the package they have a very flat silhouette.

Here they are assembled, primed, and washed with thinned-down Burnt Umber.  I gently bent some of their limbs forward to ease the flatness a tad.

One source said all thri-kreen were golden brown; another said they were earthy shades of red, yellow, and sometimes green.  I decided to paint the taller one red and the shorter one yellow.

I mixed some dull, opaque colors using Iron Oxide Red and Yellow, each mixed with a greying-down blend of browns and white, and brushed them on thinly.

As god is my witness, this thing is not so pink in real life.

I painted this same yellow on both of the creatures' bases.

Then I washed over them with some thinned-down Burnt Umber.

To be continued!
    • By valkyriesinger
      Hello! I've recently started working on a diorama, and a friend of mine urged me to post here. The only thing that is missing from the pictures below is the kelp that will be behind the kraken (on the little pads on the back side of the base). It is some floppy aquarium kelp that I"m currently trying to figure out how to get it to stand up straight. Tips, tricks, C&C are all welcomed.

Here is the pre-primed coral wall in varying states of sand coverage. The coral is planned to be very brightly colored.

Primed base:

You can see the kelp pads in the pic above.

Base with Kraken for staging verification:

Here is the almost finished diver, who goes in the slot in front of the Kraken. This drab, dirty human looking down at his feet while the kraken looms above is one of my favorite parts, tbh.

Cheers!
      Valk
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)