Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the Dish Pit

Mithril Miniatures Frodo, Sam, and Gollum

I’ve always really like Mithril Miniatures (even though I only own one) and I like how yours came out, very nicely painted.  My only question for these are how come they always have such high foreheads (which has nothing to do with your painting)?

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 4

Sweet trio! I learned to paint on Mithril minis. It's so nice to see some posted here! *squee* 

The first mini I ever painted was the Mithril Arwen figure on the right (in spoiler) back around 1993. My friend, who was teaching me how to paint, fussed at me for giving her black hair. He said elves were supposed to be blond. :blink: I also wanted to paint her in a white dress, but he said it would be to hard and not contrast enough (he was right), so only the top part of her dress is white. I painted the other ones a few weeks later. All from Mithril Miniatures. Aaah, memories. 

Spoiler

YEZtf79.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the nostalgic flashback! I actually had these models back in the day but I only have the Gollum now....maybe he ate the other Hobbitses?

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Heisler
      So I found this box in the basement. I know my dad gave me this chess set, maybe as long as 20 years ago. Does anyone here recognize it and perhaps know the manufacturer? The pieces are made of a very light weight resin and they look hand carved. There are no mold lines that I can see, which would mean a one piece mold which makes no sense. 

• By Carnacki the Ghost Finder
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/halfling-wizards-and-apprentices

Look pretty good. The top pledge includes some halflings from their back catalogue.

They seem to be making good progress on the ongoing project and the international shipping remains quite cheap.
    • By Patrik Strom
      The hobbits from Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings line. 

Frodo

Merry (I think)

• By Lidless Eye
      The last of my recently finished works, a batch of mostly Halflings from Stonehaven's latest Kickstarter.  

Unfortunately, same with my recently completed Lizardguys, these had a case of fuzzy primer.  I had taken several steps to fix it, but the further I got along the more obvious it became.  Thankfully, the pictures seem to magnify the situation, and the roughness isn't quite as obvious in person.  However, the rest of the batch is soaking in the strip for now.

First, we have the titan of the group, the Old Growth Treant:

A Berserker, Boar, and combination of both:

A Barbarian, actually a refugee from Dragon Bait Miniatures, but he fit this group too well to leave out:

The Halfling Thief, who has now had her hood issues readdressed after seeing how this album came out:

A pious Paladin named Reed:

A fiery-headed Archer who looks quite manic in this close-up, hrm:

The Linksman, an athlete prepared for any encounter:

A Stablemaster, because we always need some villagers:

A Halfling Maiden and pet:

Skelly, the Village Elder...and we they say Elder, they aren't messing around:

• Who's Online   8 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)