DSM7492 Dragonkin Mage

Kangaroorex

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really dig the whites with subtle grey shading. Also great combination of orange and blue. I think it works with the white balancing the two. The green skin provides further interest an drew me straight to the face. 

The only suggestion for future paint jobs is to try and delineate areas better, for instance with a darker shade at transition points. 

• Thanks 1

Definitely something i need to work on.  My brain does not want to recognize the need for darklining, even though, when I do it the mini looks so much better.  I may go back and try to add some lining to this one, especially between the red and white.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Auberon
      Drogoroth, the Winged Death

It's a dragon! No, wait, wrong wings.

• By MiniPainterDMan89
      Hello All,  

Here is a recently completed 77054 "Galladon, Human Wizard".   I did have to make changes to the staff.  I could not straighten it out by any means to my satisfaction.  So, I cut off the original staff, drilled a hole in his hand and replaced the Bones bendy plastic staff with a brass rod.  I cut off the bottom and top of the plastic staff, pinned the parts to the brass rod and there you go.

Thank you for looking.

• By TGP
      Topplethrax the Mysterious

With a Ral Partha goblin for scale. Also the grid lines are 1 inch squares.

Here is a second shot with him leaning on my pet rock. I named him Topplethrax because he topples forward without weight on the tail or something to lean him back just a bit.

There are markings underneath one foot. Either:

T g h
      © 8 5

-OR-

4 5 L
      G 8 5

(If it is a G, it is a G in a circle, like the copyright symbol.)

• By Admiral Apocalypse
      Hi everyone!!!

I'm Jack from Admiral Apocalypse Miniatures and I'd like to show you my current Kickstarter project,
      🏯 Lost Mage Tower 🧙‍♂️

www.kickstarter.com/projects/admapocalypse/lost-mage-tower

The project includes:

🔸25 decorated miniature bases 🔸Deco props
      🔸Add-ons

All optimized for resin printing👌!!!

The showed models were printed on photon mono se with M70 resin from resione and painted with greenstuffworld paints

A quick painting tutorial is available in the Update section and you can already test it on the Freebie!

Printing Settings:
      Layer height 0.05mm
      Bottom layer 4
      Bottom Layers Exposure 20s
      Exposure 1.9s
      Both speeds at 1mm/s

Hope you like them! 🙂

• By Grand Slam
      Definitely one of my favorite inclusions in the Ravenloft board game. Originally, I thought the paint job would be entirely a bone color. After I started prepping him, however, it became clear that there was just as much rotting flesh as there was visible bone. Makes sense, considering the artwork in the monster manual. A quick Google image search shows that people approach this model's paint job in a variety of cool ways. This combines my favorite elements from what I've seen, plus my own spin on the way I like to paint undead/zombie-types.