Sign in to follow this  
Reaper_Jon

ReaperCon Live Online 2020 website/FAQ/Newsletter

Get info on everything ReaperCon Live Online 2020, Sign up for the newsletter and read through the FAQ.
A ton more info regarding swag bags, classes, and much more coming soon.
                                  >>>>>https://reaperconlive.com<<<<<

RLOv2_header-350e207faa52cb3c786c313c0e64c053.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

On the ReaperCon site, there is a link to the store.  The store contains four items:  a Swagbox, a Hobbybox, a Brinewind Box, and a Mega Bundle.  All are only available for pre-order.  Are these boxes the equivalent of the usual pass and VIP pass?  Or will there be some sort of pass available later?

I intend to purchase one now ... and see if the purchase goes through.

And, I've heard that classes may make class kits available for the students to use while watching the class.  Is this correct and will those also be placed in the store for purcahse.

P.S.  It worked.  The store took my order and my money.  Pending further information on passes, I'm as good to go as I can be.

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 4

What I remember hearing in the twitch stream was that there is no fee for badges or registration because the whole thing is virtual.  Reapercon and classes are free.  The online class can handle hundreds or thousands of people at a time, so no need for tickets or passes. 

The boxes are swag. Buy some, all or none as you desire.  It doesn't affect your ability to "attend" the con or classes. 

Class supply lists will be provided before hand. If you have everything already, great. If not, Reaper will be putting kits up for sale some time before the con so you can order what you need.  They want to be able to get it to you before the con.  I don't remember if they are going to be in the store, or on the Reapercon site. 

• Like 5

@Inarah  I don't recall the part about classes being for as many as want to attend, so that's a good thing for popular classes.

What I remember seeing is that some of the classes and panels will be shown on Twitch (in part, anyway), and that those would be recorded and kept for later watching as VOD and for Youtube.  Other classes won't be on Twitch, but on Zoom accounts, and won't be recorded and archived.

From the FAQ:

Class supplies will only be offered on Reapermini.com. We are not combining shipping with the pre-ordered ReaperCon boxes.

Check the FAQ for further details: https://reaperconlive.com/faq

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies.  Had I looked elsewhere, and everywhere elsewhere, I would have found the answers.  It is nice to know that the pertinent information is centralized on the Reaper website ... sometimes it seems the pertinent information is everywhere (Facebook, Twitter, various posts, repeated rumors, inside dope, etc.) except the site.

But, all is good.  Kudos to Reaper for leaping in to the void and making entrepreneur a name to be coveted.  We're gonna have a Reapercon where everyone can attend and we don't have to travel and pay for hotel rooms.  The real thing is better, but this looks to be not bad.

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 1

Ok, Reaper. The con is 6 weeks away.  I've just been asked if I have plans that weekend.  Do you guys have a class schedule yet?  It's decision time. 

• Like 6

I know everyone is excited!  Not all of us have finalized our classes yet. Work for me has been crazy, so I'm running behind, and we're down a partner, which means my days are a lot fuller than they used to be, so I have less time for volunteering.  And I know the Reaper folks are dealing with a completely new medium, as are the teachers. I know we aren't used to teaching online, so it's got us trying to figure out exactly what we can manage.  Please be patient with us. Everyone is stretched thin on account of Covid, so it's bound to be a slower process. Reaper is still a small company, and they had limited staff even before the whole "work from home" thing. Keep in mind, Gencon just opened up to virtual signups, and it starts july 30th.  We'll get there, but I don't expect things to be finalized for some time.  Hang in there. I know it's frustrating.

The good news is, it's online and free, so if you need to make plans, you may be able to catch a VOD later, and won't be out any money regardless!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Though, while I'm not too worried about my being able to get class packs, some people have much longer shipping times than I do and it would probably be good to get those shopping lists online soon....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Though, while I'm not too worried about my being able to get class packs, some people have much longer shipping times than I do and it would probably be good to get those shopping lists online soon....

Like anyone overseas at the moment.  Most USPS mail takes 2-3 months to get to Europe, for example. Even US to Canada mail, is taking 5-8 weeks instead of the usual 1-2.

• Sad 1

Lead time is a big issue, and Reaper probably has to deal with it much more than we do ... they are surely knowledgeable.

In my case, I'm receiving orders from the UK in about 17 days (a 15 to 24 day range).  One order from the Czech Republic took 8 days.  But an order from Spain is approaching 100 days and seems to have disappeared. 

• Like 2