• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, and a lot more. And has some Undead in Jungle and or Pirate style in it.
      My Shifting Sands project is all about Undead, Arabian and Egyptian style Undead.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give the project an oldschool vibe/.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.  ( Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon) and the Egyptian ones are in Shifting Sands Project)

EDIT: Since the 3D printing bug bit me, the bulk will probably become 3d printed now.

EDIT - Asked to merge my Undead Threads into one.
      Now CHILDREN of the NIGHT.

This is for all the Ghotic Undead and their friends like Werewolves/Witches/Demons etc etc..

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By R2ED
      It's the weekend, so you know what time it is...

BATTLE REPORT!

Along with all the Bones 5 I bought, there was a special on some Zombicide minis that were just too good to not buy.  This is one of the many that are in there, and I'm stoked to get this one done.

Wins:
      * Continuing my use of drybrushing and being very successful.  Did an overbrush this time to start with a dark brown.  Then drybrushed to orange brown.  Then lightened up to buff.  Worked great!
      *  Saving the last color for last - flat flesh.  I mixed this with matte medium and watered it down to kind of filter it and just use it to highlight the base colors.  Big win!
      *  Went back around with some nuln oil to darken down just the deep recesses and area between the muscles.  Starting to use the washes sparingly and only in very specific areas.  Also getting a better grasp on using which wash for what job.  
      *  Used Agrax Earthshade to create a transition between the fur and the body.  Win!
      *  The fur was the same 2 base colors as the skin, but then lightened up with gray.  Then taking the gray up another notch with white very lightly.  Then EVEN LIGHTER adding white in peaks and areas near the face.  
      *  The mouth is a combination of brown, then a purple ink, then breast cancer awareness pink mixed with a little of that purple to get the tongue.  Looks nice and dangerous!

Misses:
      *  I had another hard time with the nails on this guy.  I didn't want them dark, nor did I want them too dirty looking, so I had to use something lighter.  I feel like the grey is a fail, but it blends in.  
      *  Eyes were a mix of bone white, gray, and black dot.  Not impressed with it.  Something ominous and glowing would be better. 
      *  Got a little carried away on the werewolf's left ribcage.  I was using the drybrush to find the volumes, but thought, hey that needs some highlighting.  Wrong.  Right above the ribs there's a bit too much buff color.  Wah wah.

This guy came out great.  Even with a few errors in there, I'm super happy with the results and love using the matte/paint mix to blend in.  

As always - I love and grow from any feedback.  Send it my way - I gain a lot from it.
    • By R2ED
      It's the weekend, so you know what time it is...

BATTLE REPORT!

Along with all the Bones 5 I bought, there was a special on some Zombicide minis that were just too good to not buy.  This is one of the many that are in there, and I'm stoked to get this one done.

Wins:
      * Continuing my use of drybrushing and being very successful.  Did an overbrush this time to start with a dark brown.  Then drybrushed to orange brown.  Then lightened up to buff.  Worked great!
      *  Saving the last color for last - flat flesh.  I mixed this with matte medium and watered it down to kind of filter it and just use it to highlight the base colors.  Big win!
      *  Went back around with some nuln oil to darken down just the deep recesses and area between the muscles.  Starting to use the washes sparingly and only in very specific areas.  Also getting a better grasp on using which wash for what job.  
      *  Used Agrax Earthshade to create a transition between the fur and the body.  Win!
      *  The fur was the same 2 base colors as the skin, but then lightened up with gray.  Then taking the gray up another notch with white very lightly.  Then EVEN LIGHTER adding white in peaks and areas near the face.  
      *  The mouth is a combination of brown, then a purple ink, then breast cancer awareness pink mixed with a little of that purple to get the tongue.  Looks nice and dangerous!

Misses:
      *  I had another hard time with the nails on this guy.  I didn't want them dark, nor did I want them too dirty looking, so I had to use something lighter.  I feel like the grey is a fail, but it blends in.  
      *  Eyes were a mix of bone white, gray, and black dot.  Not impressed with it.  Something ominous and glowing would be better. 
      *  Got a little carried away on the werewolf's left ribcage.  I was using the drybrush to find the volumes, but thought, hey that needs some highlighting.  Wrong.  Right above the ribs there's a bit too much buff color.  Wah wah.

This guy came out great.  Even with a few errors in there, I'm super happy with the results and love using the matte/paint mix to blend in.  

As always - I love and grow from any feedback.  Send it my way - I gain a lot from it.
    • By wickedshifty
      This is the Werewolf Queen bust from White Wolf Tavern, 3D printed. 

• By Maledrakh
      One of the oldest Bones models in existence:

Reaper Bones 77009 "Werewolf", from the 2011 O.G. pre-kickstarter Bones lineup. This mini is also available in metal under the name 02747 "Jean Paul DuChamps, Werewolf". I just got the hankering to paint this one. Nothing special.

Oui! Le loup-garou! En garde!

77009 Werewolf
      Pre-kickstarter Bones
      Reaper Miniatures
      Classic, blinding white Bones PVC
      Sculpted by Ben Siens
      40mm base.
      Available from reapermini.com
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)