Sign in to follow this  
Mordarby

Larger Bones issues?

I have the bones mini of the dragon Gauth. It appears the weight of the mini is to much for the ankles of the miniature. It sags down to the point that its nose is touching the ground. I've done the boiling water/cold water to fix the position but over the course of the last 4 days it is sagging again. Curious to know if anyone else is seeing this issue?

Gauth Should Be.JPG

Gauth_Sag.JPG

• Like 6

Some of the earlier Bones had that as well.

You could try to insert a pin in the legs to hold him up better.

• Like 3

I'd drill out and drive a steel pin (old clothes hanger section) through the center of mass as marked:

1903410149_GauthShouldBe.JPG.d0c3eb61754a22b3120ac2f1cb7acf22.thumb.jpg.773447afd81d1a65e8f7dbc4a7bf31ae.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mordarby said:

Curious to know if anyone else is seeing this issue?

I have Gauth from Bones4 also. I am glad you posted this.  Mine has a different issue. On the copy I have, that right leg does not sit level on the ground (or table top). So far, I have only dry fitted him. All the parts fit together well at the joints. 

For yours, Would it help to nail down his tail to a rock formation? Make him a tripod?

@TaleSpinner  any suggestions for a weirdly flexed right leg?

• Like 5

This is timely. I have Gauth sitting on my table now and I've been putting off painting and assembly because I was having trouble deciding what colors I wanted to use. Now I have something else to consider. I will probably try pinning the ankle and tripoding the figure. If anyone has any color schemes to suggest I'd appreciate that, too.

• Like 2

@TGP was discussing this with @TaleSpinner and myself, so I brought out my METAL!!! Gauth for reference pics for you folks.

Legs Front:

1357108954_gauthslegs001.thumb.JPG.ec6d031ae978da62aab8e79302e23656.JPG

As you can see, legs are about 3" apart

Side views with tail held in place with my fingers:

127318764_gauthslegs002.thumb.JPG.e2358cbf26be449ae736477b185dc6a7.JPG

1200856551_gauthslegs003.thumb.JPG.3f213afd8bfa1e114bf6993bee3b6a2d.JPG

again, as you can see, the tail tip is about 2 and a half inches behind the front of the left foot, and 3 inches behind the right foot, and yes Virginia, it does rest on the tabletop...

Hope the pics help

The Drow

• Like 7

IMG_4744.thumb.JPG.cba992f6275f361f5d2376f3dbec2b92.JPG

This is my problem Gauth. (Held together by rubber bands because he is just dry-fitted.) The feet are not at all level with each other.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1