Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Thanks to this thread I finally figured out how to assemble this mini. If you are at all hesitant, please look at it, especially the excellent step by step on page 2 (h/t @Mad Jack).
Things have been scrubbed, and I have some idea of the color scheme.
Dusky skin triad and maroon red/cinnamon red for the skin, and hexed lichen/witchcraft purple/warlord purple for the tabard. Not sure about the metal yet.
I do not understand how this mini is supposed to go together. There is a large hair bulge that is supposed to fit in the hollow of the back. I tried sliding and twisting and cannot get the head to fit on in a dry fit. I cant imagine doing this after painting. I don't really want to try and paint and be unable to get into corners. Has anyone posted this anywhere? Things got caught and I see white stress marks on the mini where I had to try and force it off and it makes me super nervous to try anything again.
This is exactly why I would 100 times out of 100 take a poorly glued at the factory mini. It's effectively wasted money for me, because I can't do anything with it.
An experiment in color-blending and washes. Wanted to evoke a different kind of flame than we often think of.
"Giants and the Genii
Multiplex of wing and eye
Whose strong obedience broke the sky
When Solomon was King."
This is a truly fantastic sculpt and I love it. A cheerfully cruel expression, like a cat with a mouse.
Yes, that is a Goetic sigil. Photos taken in natural light during the Golden Hour, unmodified. Armor is AP Rough Iron, GW Gehenna's Gold, and DecoArt Rich Espresso, with touches of Nihilakh Oxide and Nuln Oil. Skin wash was a mixture of AP Red Tone and some midnight blue wash. Came out a lovely bruise color.
And a couple more shots for context and scale.
"What cause, O Man, would you have to trouble Me with your summons? Great must your need be, or you would not bring such calamities upon the world."
I could probably snazz those swords up a bit, but she's not too bad for tabletop quality!
I got two Efreetis in my recent Reaper order. Out of the two one had far more gap lines than the other, so I opened the one that would take less effort to work on first since it's been awhile since I have properly tinkered with a mini.
First thing's first, gap filling! This model had quite a lot of mold lines too, I dealt with most of them with an xacto knife and a file. The Bones Black material is brittle enough to handle a file if you're careful unlike the white Bones counterpart.
While priming I noticed that part of one of her horns was missing, must have snapped off during shipping or during my work on her. Touched it back up with some more green stuff, just waiting for it to cure before I prime over it.
In the mean time, there is nothing stopping me from popping into Procreate to play around with a colour scheme. I wanted to try something a but different than other painting examples I had seen. Still incorporating the red and gold, just in different ways.
Who's Online 7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)