Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2020 at 11:37 PM, Glitterwolf said:

She looks good.

I think a little PVA on that base, dip in flock or snow and then you already have a nice base.

Spray sealer over it afterwards, done.

Thanks! I think I have some snow around here somewhere.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By SparrowMarie
      I am looking for something to put on Grimtalon's base that will look like desert sand. I have found a few things but I am not sure how well they will work. I don't really want to spend 10$ for Citadel technical paints if at all possible. I thought Army Painter might have some but alas they do not.
       
      I did find some Vallejo desert sand gel. Has anyone worked with this before? If so, how did it come out?
       
      Are there other options I have not considered that might work? I'm still fairly new to basing so I want to put a little more effort than "winging it" for this.
    • By SparrowMarie
      Did this up for the Q2 seasonal RCL challenge.
       

    • By R2ED
      Finally got back on to some painting.  It was a minor win, but just basing this dude feels good to be done.  One cool thing i thought was fun is that i put a footprint in the mud under his left foot.  Kind of a small, but cool detail. 
       
      Done. 
    • By SparrowMarie
      I should have started this at the beginning of the year but a few months late is better than never. I've been working on getting stuff together for Q2 and some things for the rest of the year. For the quarterly stuff I'm going to continue to work on Grimtalon...that I don't think I have a WIP thread for and my large group has settled on doing a townsfolk theme and I'm doing the Fishwife from Dreadmere in Bones 4 KS. I have a diorama in the works but I really don't know if I'm going to finish it this quarter.
       
      My list for April:
       
      Theme: (Vampire):
      Jahenna, Female Vampire (77669)
      Limited Palette:
      Purple, Orange, Pink
      Styx Purple, Fire Orange, Runic Glow
      Giant Frog (44024)
      Player Character:
      Lysette, Elven Mage (Bones USA (30001))
      Monster:
      Gulper (44038)
      Duo:
      Cyclops (77705)
      Trio:
      Merowyn Lightstar (77675)
      New Release:
      Darius the Blue (Bones USA (30002))
      Freebie:
      D’Tenian, d10 (77647)
       
      Will get some photos up soon.
    • By R2ED
      Got another one down for the weekend. 

       
       
       
      This time paying special attention to the face and eyes.  @Inarahmentioned to me to lighten things up a little.  So, I took her advice.  I think it turned out for the best!
       
      BATTLE REPORT!
       
      Wins:
      *  Taking way more time around the face this time and really putting a lot of work into leveling up the color step by step with really thin paint worked well.  VMC Burnt Red and VMC Flat Flesh was a good blend together.  I think in the face, I could have added a bit more fare skin, but hey, he's a barbarian.  He's not going for a "best skin" award, he's going for best raging out award.
      *  The bone, leather, fur was a really fun combination to work on. I kept things pretty simple and the variation between all of them were pretty complementary.  
      *  Again using the zenithal highlight really helped features stand out and give me a good starting point. 
      *  Stages: Skin, then leather elements, then accessories, then weapons.  The working method inside to out went great.  
      *  I really like the way the scabbard came out, but I kind of thing it was supposed to be straight up and down and not off to the side, but I hate when it's up and down because it'd be impossible to get the sword out of.  However, the downside is the scabbard has NO detail behind it and it's jutting out, which Ididn't think about when I glued it in place.  Wah wah.
      *  Free hand on the handle.  I added the little black/brown element on the sword handle.  I am pretty happy with that.  I think it's a nice slight add.
       
      Misses:
      *  Loin cloth was a deep red I was trying to lighten up.  I used a light grey, didn't work.  Then I tried white - pink?  Do you think a barbarian is going to wear pink?  "I reckon' you get your broccoli kicked for wearing something like that."  In thinking about it I could have pushed it to orange for the highlight.  Doh!
      *  Eyes - I did them better this time, to @Inarah's point, but I didn't have enough room to get much else in there.  I was also at a points where I knew if I tried to fix it, it was only going to get worse, so I called it where it was.  Meh.
      *  Sword - just a basic steel.  I tried to use a black wash on the bottom side of the blade to give it shading, but you really can't see it on the photo.  It's nothing special, and again, I wish it was more...anything.  It's pretty basic.
       
      I'm reallllly looking forward to putting a base on this one. Needs to be something epic, so this will be a special one.  I'm very, very happy with how this turned out and feel it's a good spot to stop for the weekend.  Yay!
       
      As always - open to feedback and would love your thoughts.
       

       
       

  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...