Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
One of the others I plucked out of the Bones 4 set. It looked fun, so I grabbed it.
* Armor was a fun use of blues added in. I watched Dr. Faust doing something similar to create some really cool effects. Mine obviously not as good, but I think it was alright.
* The skin was a big win for me. I did it as a nice, slow build up and took my time with laying it up. It worked great on her face.
* I was getting lost in the tid bits on her belt, but just used browns and then hlghlighted them up. It actually worked out pretty well. Better than I intended.
* Cape was a slight win, but not perfect.
* Hair went better this time, but I'm still having a hard time pointing out where the light hights on the curved areas.
* NMM on swords. I tried it again and then failed. Wiped it out and covered it up with metallic.
* Flower should have been left with orange color and white tips, but I went too far by connecting the tips across. It lost the deail going with more white. Should have stopped.
* I started using purple ink to separate the plates, but it just wasn't working. I think I need to do more blacklining and not worry about adding in colors.
Overall, she looks good. The win here was the face and some of the highlights.
Progress photo (nearly last photo before finishing it off)
Finally getting back to painting a bit more consistently and finishing things. Here is one I finished recently, Theo from Zombicide: Wolfsburg. I'm multi-tasking him to also serve as the ranger for my ranger's of shadowdeep warband. Hoping to have my warband finished by the end of the month.
Thanks in advance for and C&C you give.
I fell back to lurking of the forums again. So starting this year I decided to get back to painting and posting. Most of what I've done lately has been with gaming in mind. I wanted to try out Frostgrave Perilous Dark Solo campaign, so I decided to dual task my painting. I also wanted to play with a full group of painted figures for Zombicide Black Plague. Since I have already finished up all the zombies and Necromancer for the core game. Baldric looked like and excellent candidate for my Wizard. (well him or my 2 Necro's I've already finished, Shh....). I decided to try to keep as close to the box art as I could.
Here is my Baldric.
Thanks for looking and any C&C you feel inspired to give.
I love this model. Even with her slightly too-long sword hilt and bendy sword. I straightened it, but it has slowly bent again.
This is a figure to represent a female paladin of Sarenrae for our Pathfinder Reign of Winter campaign: a redhead whose favorite color is green. That is why she is on a snow base.
I wanted to spend a lot of time on her, and am very happy with the blending on the gray NMM. It took about 3 rounds of painting transitions then glazing over the lines to smooth everything out.
I tried a little weathering to the leather scabbards and belt to make them look scratched from adventuring use.
This was also the first time I tried giving a female figure makeup: blush, eye shadow, and lipstick. I'm not sure how good that came out, I'll let you all tell me.
The sword blade was the least successful part. It just didn't want to cooperate, which is due in part to the softer details on the casting.
I hope you like her as much as I do. C&C Welcome.
Who's Online 18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)