Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Female Dragonkin Rogue - Darksword

Wow, that's gorgeous! I love the contrast between the green, red and blue/black.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful green reptile skin - I can almost feel the texture just looking at it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting how different manufacturers interpret dragon kin so differently.  This is a very lithe looking figure.  I love it, and your painting is top notch.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      In my quest to paint up every race class combination, I tackled this fun mini from Oathsworn Miniatures.  One bad thing about pre-painting dragonborn is that they have unique powers based on their dragon color, so how likely is it that someone want to pick this mini in blue for the character?  Oh well, another one down!

• By Kangaroorex
      Well, I did it.  this is the last of the Elmore dragons that Darksword Miniatures makes.  This miniature is based on a pencil sketch by Larry Elmore and is one of the tallest freestanding dragons I have in my collection.  He is also one of my favorite miniatures.  from the huge wingspan to the quirky happy/puzzled expression on his face, this dragon is just amazing.  He has also been sitting in his box waiting patiently for years because for years I thought he was a brown dragon which made him what I considered a real challenge to paint well.

Some reading and thought later and he has found his stride as a bronze dragon.  It was also an excuse to break out some of my new color change paints on his wings to see what they look like over a broad expanse.  The answer, as you will see below is amazing to look at, very difficult to capture in pictures.  So anyway I thought I would let everyone see him.  I hope you like what you see!

Here he is from the front with the color effect from the color change paints in the down position

and here he is again with the color change in the up position.  the color flare is really pretty amazing in real life but I just cant seem to capture it well.

• By Tolex Cat
      I'm painting this up for the BBEG this weekend. Last night I tried the layering technique for black by using multiple thin layers of complementary colors. Someone posted the artist and demo on the Reaper fan page a couple of weeks back when someone asked about painting black. If anyone knows the artist or link, please let me know since I can't find it. I highly recommend it. While these pics don't show the various tones of colors, it looks like rich black with some depth vs going flat like some black paints do. I love the effect. However, I will say it doesn't work as well on something more curvy. I was also trying it on another mini for her top and she'd very curvaceous. It looked a little weird so I just repainted it.

So that being said, I'd love some thoughts on what to do about the collar piece and gloves he has. Should I do the same black treatment or go with a different color? I think I'm going to do his pants in a gray so the focus is more on his armor. Thanks!
    • By rachels89
      Here are a few random Darksword minis I've painted over the last few months. I tried to stick to an earthy color palette for most of them.

Male Blind Warrior, SKU: DSM7417, and Young Hedge Knight - Dual Wield, SKU: DSM5026

Male Range with Wineskin, SKU: DSM7403

Male Elven Ranger with Bow, SKU: DSM7451. This one is a gift for my brother. He wanted an "Aragorn-esque" ranger mini. 

Male Warrior with Battle Axe, SKU: DSM7427, and Female Elven Archer, SKU: DSM1196

• By Evilhalfling
      Maester Luwin -  from Darksword George RR Martin  collection
      he definitely looks like a worried advisor rather than a commanding wizard. 

• Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)