Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Scribblette

Toxicity of paints and pet birds

Recommended Posts

Greetings, Scribblette! You've already been given a lot of great information / advice. Just thought I'd add that non-toxic water based paints are frequently used to put temporary identification marks on wild birds, with no ill effects. Also, if the birds aren't actually chewing on the dry paint, I think there's little chance of them ingesting any of it by licking. 

 

Now I'm going to "demand" to know what kind of birds you have! Not lorikeets, obviously, despite the "brush-tongued" reference, because they chew EVERYTHING! Surely not honey-eaters?? I'd worry about them damaging plastic minis with their feet!

 

Enquiring aviculturists want to know!! ::D:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...