Lesza by Ignis Art

Marineal

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Inarah said:

That's an eyefull. Lots of detail on her. Nice. 

So. Many. Leaves.... Lol. 

45 minutes ago, sentinel said:

I really like this!  The things that jumped out at me were the skin tones and the antlers as being just great.  The face paint and the eyes are outstanding as well.  Just nicely done all around.

Congratulations on finishing the Masters

Thanks so much! She's just a great sculpt. And I am so so glad to be done with the masters. Lol

42 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Beautiful! ::o:

Those antlers are next level! 

Thanks! Wet blending forever. ::D:

• Like 2

I think there is a ton of greatness here.  It’s a magical evocative sculpt.  My only criticism is that the blue shawl/cloak seems a little flat.  If that was intentional to draw attention elsewhere, that’s reasonable.  Otherwise, it would have benefitted from some more highlighting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

I think there is a ton of greatness here.  It’s a magical evocative sculpt.  My only criticism is that the blue shawl/cloak seems a little flat.  If that was intentional to draw attention elsewhere, that’s reasonable.  Otherwise, it would have benefitted from some more highlighting.

I agree with Darkstar. I would add that the blue of the shawl isn’t bad on the back, bit seems very monotone in the front. 

I concur that the skin tones and antlers are outstanding. I would add the wooden arm into tat category too, especially the transition from skin to wood. Beautifully painted mini. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

13 minutes ago, KruleBear said:

I agree with Darkstar. I would add that the blue of the shawl isn’t bad on the back, bit seems very monotone in the front. 

I concur that the skin tones and antlers are outstanding. I would add the wooden arm into tat category too, especially the transition from skin to wood. Beautifully painted mini. 

Thanks y'all!

The blue was something I definitely wasn't sure of. I want it to be somewhat muted, but not flat. I'm taking a weeklong break from her, and then I'll come back and look at her again. Tbh, I kind of hate hoods anyways. The whole thing is in the light! Lol.

Thanks again everyone for all the feedback!!

• Like 2

I agree with @Darcstaar and @KruleBear on all the positive elements. 

The same faded look that you have on the bottom rear of the cloak isn’t reflected in the front of her along the neckline and based on the sculpting, would appear to be well-worn fabric. On the rear, the bugs are so bright that I find my eye constantly drifting toward them and de-emphasizing the rest of the work you did on the leaves and berries. Commendable work keeping the red and green while not making it come across as Christmas-y. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adrift said:

I agree with @Darcstaar and @KruleBear on all the positive elements. 

The same faded look that you have on the bottom rear of the cloak isn’t reflected in the front of her along the neckline and based on the sculpting, would appear to be well-worn fabric. On the rear, the bugs are so bright that I find my eye constantly drifting toward them and de-emphasizing the rest of the work you did on the leaves and berries. Commendable work keeping the red and green while not making it come across as Christmas-y. 

Thanks!

Okay, I'll look at the bugs again. They're undercoated with metallic medium to try and make them look beetle-y, so that may be reflecting more with the lights. 

And I was worried about the red and green! Glad to hear it came off as alive instead of Christmas. ::D:

• Like 2