Sign in to follow this  
HolkDiggity

77495: Saproling Warrior

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      These are 3 resin Ttcombat treemen from their recent Halflings and Friends kickstarter, and the Reaper Bones tree spirit. Painted with contrast paints mainly. I then had great fun sticking flock and lichen all over them. 

• By Disciple of Sakura
      So, here's my Bones 4 Tree of Despair all painted up. I drilled 3mm holes into the branches and trunk, installed some neodymium magnets, and then affixed magnets to the backs of the victims and bases feet of the vultures. I also made some tree canopies out of sculpy and flock, and then set those to magnets to attach to the boughs as well. Decorated a 3" round base with grass tufts and extra skulls and rocks, too. Hope you like it. 

Basic Tree

Victims

Tree Canopies
    • By Inarah
      Here's a rundown on how I make quick, cheap trees for tabletop games.  For well under $10 you can have 3 clumps of good looking terrain using commonly available materials. 

What you need:

- glue, white and cyanocrylic (Super Glue)
      - 50mm round bases
      - sand, gravel, or kitty litter
      - craft paints
      - craft brushes
      - wire cutters
      - flock
      - plastic flowers from a hobby craft store, commonly called "stems" or a "bush" if there is  clump of them. Look for something more or less tree like, with branches.  This example is covered with clumps of foam.  They come in various colors depending on the time of year. 

Step one consists of separating each stem of flowers from the clump, discarding the leaves.  Leave the "flower" part attached to the wire stems.   Use wire cutters to trim stems to about 4" long. 

Coil each wire tightly so that it fits on your 50mm base.  Bend and shape each stem so that you can fit 2 or 3 stems on each base.  

Use Super Glue to attach firmly. 

Step two: sand and paint.  The sand helps cover up the wires, and adds a little weight for stability.  It looks best if you paint the base and wires, then glue down sand or gravel (let it dry) and paint a 2nd time.  This gives you good coverage on the base, and on the sand.  

Step three: flock and details.  I already added gravel to make large stones, but you can add more if you want a rocky look.  It sticks best if you glue to the sand before adding flock.

Cover the base with white glue and then apply flocking of your choice. 

Now you can add finer details like grass tufts, flowers, leaves, or colored flock.

I added orange flock to enhance the autumn theme.  My final step was to give the bright grey rocks a little brown wash to make them look more natural. 

• By lexomatic
      I got this fake bonsai at a dollar store for a couple of dollars. Pulled it out of the small vase with rock and styrofoam, trimmed the trunk that was below "ground" and then stuck it on a yogurt lid.
      I put paper towel down for some texture and modgepodged it with brown and various greens. I still intend to flock it a bit. I may also stick it on a cd (hence the waiting to flock). But for now it's playable. I never took process pics. Oops. Maybe more to come.
      MSP bottle for rough scale (about 3"high by 6" span).

• By Gary Pryor
      Tomorrow when there is better light I will try to take some better pictures. For now here are some blurry shots at my first attempt from my bones 4 haul. I have never tried any flocking before, and I made a huge mess. Also I am still pretty new to painting (a couple of years, but infrequently) so if y'all have any criticism (even if it seems like common sense) I could use any tips I can get.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)