Sign in to follow this  
Mckenna35

International Delivery Times

Man, I know the Pandemic is messing with stuff, but yeesh!  I'm currently waiting on deliveries from the UK, Spain, Poland and Canada.  The one from the UK is the only one I have a tracking number and it's been sitting at Langley HWDC since April 29th.  From what I can tell the package from Canada went in the mail April 15th.  The Spanish one from Yedharo went in the post April 9th.  I know Air travel has been seriously curtailed and a lot of this stuff used to ship Space A, but this seems excessive, especially for Canada.  Is there some addition quarantine procedure for packages that's been implemented by glorious leader that I'm not aware of?!

• Like 1

If it is anything like here (Canada) then international is just given super low priority and it can sit for weeks in a warehouse.  Canada Post has said parcels are at Christmas levels for volume, so everything is backed up.  

Reminds me I should order some 3D printing supplies.  I only have a couple weeks worth left......

• Thanks 3

If it was shipped standard post, and not a specific carrier like DHL, then I would expect 4-8 weeks for delivery.  In the before times, it would average 5 weeks for me to receive international packages via standard post.  I'm currently waiting on a package from Russia, but it's only been 3 week so far.

I have received a package from Italy (Greebo), which came DHL, and arrived in 3 days.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Clearman said:

If it was shipped standard post, and not a specific carrier like DHL, then I would expect 4-8 weeks for delivery.  In the before times, it would average 5 weeks for me to receive international packages via standard post.  I'm currently waiting on a package from Russia, but it's only been 3 week so far.

I have received a package from Italy (Greebo), which came DHL, and arrived in 3 days.

I'm in the US and historically it took 1.5 to 2 weeks to get anything from Europe.  Canada was usually a few days longer than shipping to a US address, so about a week max.  Right now I'm at three weeks for the UK one, five weeks for the Canadian one and seven weeks for the Spanish one.  I'm not even sure if the bust I'm expecting from Poland has even shipped yet, although I've seen some folks in Europe have gotten theirs.  None of it is anything I NEED with any degree of urgency, it just surprised me when I looked at it to realize how long it's been on some of these.

• Like 4

I have been waiting for my pull-up bar to arrive since the first week of lock-down. By estimated shipping time range, it is almost 2 weeks late now.

At least the order from Poland (Ignis arts busts for you too?) has had good communication regarding the troubles of shipping right now.

• Like 4

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Waiting for things from several countries. Some just shipped, like Italy and Great Britain, but one from Singapore was 'processed through the facility' in Chicago on May 1st and hasn't moved since. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

At least the order from Poland (Ignis arts busts for you too?) has had good communication regarding the troubles of shipping right now.

Yup!  Got the first one, ordered the second.  Probably pass on the new one as undead/zombie doesn't appeal to me.

• Like 2

The new one is my style of undead (subtle) but I have a backlog so I am going to pass on it, despite liking it. Wish the Ignis art stuff wasn't limited runs though.

• Like 4

Not international, but everything stateside that ships via UPS/DHL/FedEx and then transfers to USPS for final delivery seems to be taking forever to reach me. Choke point seems to be when it transfers from the carrier to USPS. So I'unno.

• Like 4

Right now, a package from Spain to Norway can take a month...  

I have packages on the way that was shipped from China in march that still haven't reached the country. 

And one package arrived with plane to Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago, and there's no sign that it has moved at all since then.  

UPS and the others have their own planes, so they're not as dependent on anyone else until it hits the final leg. 

(And since they don't carry passengers and often use their own terminals, they're pretty safe from infection, so their crews can keep on flying)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

If it is anything like here (Canada) then international is just given super low priority and it can sit for weeks in a warehouse.  Canada Post has said parcels are at Christmas levels for volume, so everything is backed up.  

Reminds me I should order some 3D printing supplies.  I only have a couple weeks worth left......

Canadian shipping times, even within Canada, is a mysterious thing.

I've had orders that were delivered anywhere between 2 days and 2 weeks (and counting as I look at my latest KS shipment).

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Canadian shipping times, even within Canada, is a mysterious thing.

I agree.  Dad shipped me something and SOMEHOW it got to me in two days (Manitoba to Alberta).....  Yet I've had things that typically take 1-2 days at most (Richmond, BC to Alberta) take upwards of two weeks to get here.  Ontario to Alberta seems to have the packages sit in Missisauga for 1-2 weeks before getting any traction, and then take at least another week to arrive here.  Somehow my coffee order last time only took a week and a half to get here, I was genuinely surprised.

I had various packages from the US sit in limbo for over a month before magically showing up at my door - well, mailbox, as a delivery slip...  And CanadaPost never bothered to scan the packages into the system.  Similar problem with UPS ground shipments - I get a buzz at the door before my tracking even shows the package as being in the province.

Right now, the best I've seen for US to Canada is 5 weeks, but it's steadily moving up to the 7-8 week mark.

Some media have claimed that things slowly opening will start to ease the pressure, but I think the big thing is now that people are getting more accustomed to ordering things online, they might continue doing such...  But then again, a lot of things I switched over to online ordering (and then using various hold for pickup options) years ago, simply because a) it's easier, and b) I can usually get what I'm looking for.

• Like 6

I ordered some new buildings from 4Ground, which I expect to arrive eventually.  Since I will need them eventually, this more or less works out.  I thought about waiting for things to clear up before ordering them, but decided that since that might take as eventually long as it would to eventually get them anyway, then I might as well order them now and then forget about them until they arrive.  Only I clearly remembered them for this post, so I've done a poor job of it so far.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I've got 2 orders from Spain that I'm waiting for as well.

One "left Spain" 4/22, one the 24th. 

That's it. They've been in the wind since.

I am in the same boat that I don't "need" anything in the packages, but I NEEEEED them. Lol

Hope this all gets sorted out soon!

• Like 5

I've got two from Japan I'm waiting on.

The first was paid on 07 Apr and did not include tracking as it was less than $18USD.

The second was paid on 16 May, has tracking and is in a city near me as of this morning.

Both are 1/400 Gundam gashapons [3 and 33, respectively].

• Like 5