Sign in to follow this  
Mckenna35

International Delivery Times

On 5/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, Cranky Dog said:

Canadian shipping times, even within Canada, is a mysterious thing.

I've had orders that were delivered anywhere between 2 days and 2 weeks (and counting as I look at my latest KS shipment).

My wife wanted to get the kid a book on drawing cars (all his other drawing books are pretty kid-ish).  So I ended up ordering 3 books from indigo to get free shipping (one for each of us).

So of course they then shipped it in two separate packages  (I never understand how that saves them money.....) with my wife's book coming by itself and shipping a day after the other two.

My wife's book took a little over a week to get here (only coming from Ontario).  My book, and of course the kid's book, took 2 full weeks longer than that to get here. From Ontario....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I'm kind of wishing I'd ordered my 3x3mm N52 magnets from the US.  Sure, it would have been $90 USD instead of $60 CAD (so twice the price), but my magnets have seen "departed from sorting center" on April 9th, then April 19th, and they still haven't shown up...  Whereas if I'd ordered from Applied Magnetics I would have received them a month ago, and be able to use the modularity my Global Evil Corp terrain has.  Odds are if they still haven't shown up I'll probably put an order in next payday from Applied Magnetics, it's not like I won't need the magnets at some point anyways, since I'll be ordering more terrain soon enough.

• Like 4

Received notice this morning that my preorder from Black Sun miniatures that I placed in February has now shipped. Any bets on how long it takes to get to the Pacific NW? Even though It's supposed to have tracking through Royal Mail, I did not get a tracking number, so I can't guesstimate on arrival time. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TripleH said:

Even though It's supposed to have tracking through Royal Mail

I think, but don't take this as fact, that Royal Mail and some other services have suspended tracking for the time being.  I read something like this somewhere while browsing (as you can see, very precise).  AFAIK, which might not be much, only couriers are still offering tracking.  I presume this would be because there are currently too many moving parts where things can go oopsie than normal (like sitting in a sorting center long enough to come out eligible to vote).

• Like 6

Not sure about other countries, but USPS does still have it's tracking system operational. They just are not "abiding" by pre-Corona timeframe standards.

• Like 5

Royal mail is quite frankly, a bit of a mess just now. Totally understandable, obviously, but the staff at my local Post Office are gently informing customers that delivery times are not guaranteed at the moment. They're just so understaffed due to staff staying at home if they or anyone in their families are sick. One of our parcels took 10 days to travel 230 miles(it would normally be delivered the next day). I'm not going to even rant about the large box left on our doorstep when we were out shopping <_< It normally would go back to the depot for later pick up.

Couriers (DPD, YODEL and even Hermes) are faring much better, but that might be due to a less stringent health policy. Next day delivery is taking an extra day at most.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

I've got two from Japan I'm waiting on.

The first was paid on 07 Apr and did not include tracking as it was less than $18USD.

The second was paid on 16 May, has tracking and is in a city near me as of this morning.

Both are 1/400 Gundam gashapons [3 and 33, respectively].

And the second one has been delivered and inventoried.

And...Ooops, I got a 1/300 gashapon mixed in with my 1/400 gashapons.

My fault, I saw a thumbnail and ordered without verifying scale.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I think, but don't take this as fact, that Royal Mail and some other services have suspended tracking for the time being.  I read something like this somewhere while browsing (as you can see, very precise).  AFAIK, which might not be much, only couriers are still offering tracking.  I presume this would be because there are currently too many moving parts where things can go oopsie than normal (like sitting in a sorting center long enough to come out eligible to vote).

Last sighting of my package through Canada Post was in Winnipeg on May 19th.

So it *was* tracking. And then, the Great Void hungered.

• Like 5

Well, I get to see first hand how messed up shipping will be.  Just placed an order from Hasslefree.  I know that it won't be shipped immediately as Damon is currently living in the unit (at least that is the last I heard on FB) and is only getting out to the post intermittently.  Then It needs to make it's way here.  It's nothing that I need immediately; just some not Supernatural figs that I figured I would paint up for my super-fan sister-in-law.  Plus other cool figs that caught my fancy because if I'm making the order, I might as well make worth the shipping.

• Like 6

Not even 19 days for my Jackson's Art Supplies order to make it to Canada... o_O  Meanwhile, my magnets from china are still MIA >.>;;;

• Like 4

My Father-in-Law posted an Easter card to us on 27 March, it didn't arrive until mid-May - so 6 weeks from US to AU and that wasn't even a package (admittedly stuff he sends normally takes anywhere between 1 and 6 weeks to get to us, even without the other stuff.

I haven't ordered anything direct from the US for a while now, the postage costs have reached obscene levels.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Here's what was posted in the latest update from Midknight;

This was just shared by a good friend of mine who runs Impact Miniatures. If your an international backer and have not gotten your items yet but know they have been shipped by us, here is why. And yes we use USPS via stamps.com for all our shipping needs. It's the cheapest method of shipping we have found for overseas shipping. 

Since we have many international customers reporting that their packages shipped 4 to 5 weeks ago have not yet arrived ... I did some research and found that USPS has switched international mail service over from plane to boat for most packages. I love my international customers but wanted to make sure you were aware your package might now take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery (I just found this out a few days ago and have now posted a warning on my website to make customers aware).

If you have a business that ships USPS from the US to International locations you might want to add a disclaimer on your sites like we now have as USPS through products like Stamps.com are still saying 7 to 10 days for delivery.

===

USPS Shifting Mail From Air Cargo to Sea Transport (5/16/2020)
On May 15, USPS send 22 containers to Europe, the largest shipment to date. Please read more about this shipment here.

Due to limited air cargo capacity, the U.S. Postal Service is shifting select mail from air transport to sea transport in an effort to move mail from the U.S. to international destinations.

Typical Priority Mail shipments that usually take about 7 to 10 days will now take about 4 to 6 weeks if the service is available to the destination country.

If a mail item shows on USPS tracking as having left the United States, under normal circumstances, the U.S. Postal Service has no further visibility on that item until a transit country or the destination country provides updated tracking information to its system.

In some cases, it is possible to get more updated tracking by using the destination country’s postal service online tracking tools if the item has entered the country.

This is especially true if the shipment has delivery or routing error, delays, or exceptions as the comments on the country’s postal system may provide more information on the status of the mail items than the update transmitted back to the USPS.

Furthermore, tracking scans of individual mail pieces typically only occur at the local and regional pickup locations, when the parcel enters a country’s customs facility, and at the local or regional destination locations. For tracking information in between these locations, mail pieces are typically tracked in groupings packed inside cargo containers.

There are probably thousands of cargo containers with mail spread all over the world sitting at airport facilities and transit stations waiting to be processed to their next destination.

It will likely take weeks (or months…?) for some mail pieces to move again once these operations resume and cargo capacity becomes available to continue the transit of the cargo containers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Update: 1st package from Singapore arrived 8 weeks after shipping and 4 weeks after tracking said 'processed through the facility' in Chicago. Hopefully everything else shows up eventually and is just taking its sweet time. 

• Like 5

Hoping that’s what’s going to happen with my Reaper order that’s been reported in Chicago since 5 May.

• Like 1