Sign in to follow this  
Mckenna35

International Delivery Times

Well, things seem to finally be moving.  I received my package from Canada yesterday.  Turns out he didn't get it in the mail until three weeks after he implied he did (made a FB post about getting everything in the mail mid April, stamp on box is May 7th), so only too ~3 weeks once it started moving.  Box from England that has been sitting in Royal Mail since April 28th, finally arrived in New York on May 27th and is now is USPS hands.  So, progress!

• Like 6

Still waiting on the busts from Poland. Tracking from Polish Post didn't get handed to Canada Post with an easy way for me to track it. Seems like the item from Italy is going same way. Honestly, mostly waiting on those to arrive before I start looking for a new apartment. Don't know if they'll be here in a month or two months - outside the window for 1 month notice on renting.

• Like 5

Poland's national postal carrier actually totally shut down international postal shipments both inwards and outwards around the middle of March (several of the small resin mini companies posted about it on facebook, either saying shipping was suspended, or only offering couriers which were still moving)

checking it looks like things are moving again now but i'm not sure how long it has been going again for

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Poland's national postal carrier actually totally shut down international postal shipments both inwards and outwards around the middle of March (several of the small resin mini companies posted about it on facebook, either saying shipping was suspended, or only offering couriers which were still moving)

checking it looks like things are moving again now but i'm not sure how long it has been going again for

We got an email regarding that and when it opened to sending things to certain countries. There are outgoing packages to Canada. Delays.... yeah that may be a while.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Still waiting on the busts from Poland. Tracking from Polish Post didn't get handed to Canada Post with an easy way for me to track it. Seems like the item from Italy is going same way. Honestly, mostly waiting on those to arrive before I start looking for a new apartment. Don't know if they'll be here in a month or two months - outside the window for 1 month notice on renting.

I've noticed with my tracked packages that once they reach the border, even owns that usually update just show up at my place randomly.  It's almost like they're so swamped (or understaffed) that they aren't creating new CanadaPost barcodes for the packages right now. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I've noticed with my tracked packages that once they reach the border, even owns that usually update just show up at my place randomly.  It's almost like they're so swamped (or understaffed) that they aren't creating new CanadaPost barcodes for the packages right now. 

Just frustrating when I'd like these things before apartment-hunting, lol. If I knew they'd be here in 2 weeks that wouldn't be a problem. But.... no idea.

I get why the postal services are a mess. Still annoying. Not going to yell at them - not much they can do about it at this point either. So I wait.

• Like 5

One package shipped from AUS on May 9th has been sitting in San Francisco for two weeks now. It was actually roughly on schedule until it hit the US, lol.

And the dice I ordered from China at the beginning of April may or may not have left China yet.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

One package shipped from AUS on May 9th has been sitting in San Francisco for two weeks now. It was actually roughly on schedule until it hit the US, lol.

And the dice I ordered from China at the beginning of April may or may not have left China yet.

They're probably hanging out with my magnets, that have "left China" twice now, but no update since April 19th...

• Like 3

I ordered some Matryoshka blanks for my wife that left the Ukraine on May 5th.

(She has a nice 7 piece set of blanks her aunt left her that she wants to paint, but I suggested she get a practice set first, so one set is just a 3 pieces with the basic pattern stenciled on it.  The other is a 3 piece with cat ears.....)

The seller warned that Canada Post doesn't track packages from the Ukraine, and suggested I send them through the US (they provide that as an option, for about $10 more) so I'd have tracking.

I told her that we aren't even getting tracking through Canada Post on packages from within Canada currently, so there was no point.

So hopefully they will show up sometime in the next month or two....

• Like 5

According to USPS, my Black Sun order is scheduled to arrive at my location on Tues. June 9.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TripleH said:

According to USPS, my Black Sun order is scheduled to arrive at my location on Tues. June 9.

which year?

• Haha 7

Update to USPS using ships instead of airplanes...   

They're collecting and filling containers, and only shipping  out from one port, once every week.

The ships unload in Rotterdam, THE busiest port in Europe...  

https://www.marinelink.com/news/us-postal-service-sending-mail-ships-478100?fbclid=IwAR03-1VnBjbO2o2_ySaR9rsEdcB2PSb26ErSJshIZGevTy2GSFmdcin0nnM

• Confused 3