Sign in to follow this  
Mckenna35

International Delivery Times

Package from Jackson's Art Supplies arrived!  Ordered July 2nd, shipped July 6th, reached Canada July 20th, and arrived here on the 27th of July!  Definitely not going to complain about three weeks to get here ^_^

• Like 5

Well ordered some model stuff from Spotmodel out of Spain, we shall see how long it takes. USPS shipped (how that works I have no idea, other then that was the cheapest option but slow, but I can wait). Funny I ordered a car model kit out of box, just the bag of sprues, some window masks & 2 decals. If I would have added 1 more decal it would have put the box weight over & my shipping would have doubled...............:blink:. So I went without the decal (more or less a backup) & shipping went from 30.something euros to 17.something euros. Crazy!

I do have a couple of products coming from China as well. A new LCD board for my Photon S printer & a Anycubic Wash n Cure. Supposedly, the WnC should be here in about 5 more days & the LCD is suppose to be here around August 20th. We shall see.

• Like 4

On 5/22/2020 at 11:29 AM, Clearman said:

I'm currently waiting on a package from Russia, but it's only been 3 week so far.

This package from Russia shipped on May 15.  Was delivered on July 20.

• Like 2

Have stuff from Poland and Italy that did finally arrive (~2-3mo travel time + customs). One more expected from Poland. Also waiting on something from my mom in Oregon and it has been 3-4 weeks now.

• Like 3

Well first LCD from aliexpress came today. So looking at emails, ordered on 7-22-20 & arrived on 8-15-20. So not even a month in transit & even earlier then estimated 8-20 as well.

Now just missing my model hobby order from Spain & an extra LCD from the same company on aliexpress & any Kickstarters that are international, which to be honest I'm not sure if I have any right now or not (at least none that are in active campaign stages). To be honest, I'm not worried about the model order even thou it's my first order with this company (Spotmodel) but from what I've read & seen, they are a top notch company at the mercy of international ordering.

• Like 5

I just received an order that I had given up on, reported to the sender and they actually gave me store credit for the original purchase amount about a month ago. Shipped April 20, received August 14. We will see how long the apology order takes to arrive. It has at least scanned in the US. 

• Like 7

Still waiting on a bunch of dice sets I ordered from China back at the start of April - I've written them off as lost.

• Sad 5

My Malifaux order from earlier in the month seems to be trapped in deepest, darkest New Jersey, hasn't moved since the 6th.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

My Malifaux order from earlier in the month seems to be trapped in deepest, darkest New Jersey, hasn't moved since the 6th.

I think we can conclude that the Jersey Devil is in fact a postal worker.

It makes perfect sense and explains sooo many things! :;,;:

Just like I believe the Wendigo works at Canada-US customs. Waiting times are inhuman!

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Canada Customs strikes again. :angry:

After waiting for ever to receive my KS shipment, the Canadian Border Services Agency suddenly decides that I need to pay taxes/duties on a package of metal miniatures made in the USA. Something like $25 for a $100 value.

For disputes like this, I was able to refuse the package and send it back for reassessment. If it was UPS, I would expect extra fees. But this was sent with USPS.

I know shipping policies are always changing, but an unexpected 25% surcharge was not on the list.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

Well I can mark off anther international package (thank you to all involved!!)

Spotmodel, out of Spain:

ordered  July 29th 2020

delivered August 24th 2020

So less then a month. I can handle that. Also, I can say I was happy with my order. Packaging was really nice, had a little bit of padding, more or less paper bag paper to fill in the small gap in the box lid to the product. Also graphics on everything, ha ha.

(I need to place anther order with them for some car decals. Gotta love a black but mostly florescent yellow racer!!!)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, haldir said:

So less then a month. I can handle that.

4 weeks is pretty typical, even before COVID disrupted everything.

• Like 5

Lost Note by Mindwork Games finally arrived after sitting in the customs void for weeks! Beautiful tragedy in a figure <3

• Like 6

Placed my first order with Feldherr in Germany.  Shipped last week (Aug 20th).  Been (presumably) on a boat since the 21st.  I'll be curious to see how long it takes. Not in a big hurry for it but it will be nice to have proper storage for my Star Wars Legion stuff for going to the store to play.

• Like 4