International Delivery Times

Mckenna35

DPD - 'DerPy D' I assume it means - picked up my Swag in the afternoon of the 21th...  

At 8pm it left England... 

At 10pm it returned... 

On the 26th, at 7:27pm it left England again. 

On the 21th, the expected arrival was the 31th. 

Now it's the 3rd of September. 

Honestly, if they can't even get the name of their idol correct... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered that set of Eberron maps GF9 put out from some shop in England (their distribution had been so weird lately; wish I'd waited and got it stateside but I got all hot and bothered thinking about it disappearing ridiculously quickly, but it was a good price and all, so anyway), and it made it across the pond quickly enough but now has been listed as processed through some facility in Chicago since the 10th of August, now. Getting a little concerned about that one.

• Like 3

I think I need to be more worried about NATIONAL delivery times...    

A little package with a few endmills for my Sherline arrived in the country in the early morning of the 18th and was promptly sent on its way in my general direction... 

Late last night it reached the local sorting center... 

That trip is usually just 'overnight'. 

Anyone taking any bets as to if the package ends up in my postbox on monday?

• Like 3

On 8/16/2020 at 11:27 AM, aku-chan said:

My Malifaux order from earlier in the month seems to be trapped in deepest, darkest New Jersey, hasn't moved since the 6th.

Despite the tracker never updating, this showed up this morning. Roughly 1 month from the US to the UK isn't bad considering the circumstances.

But I'd forgotten how fiddly Malifaux stuff could be, a minis feet should never come in multiple parts. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:31 AM, aku-chan said:

Despite the tracker never updating, this showed up this morning. Roughly 1 month from the US to the UK isn't bad considering the circumstances.

But I'd forgotten how fiddly Malifaux stuff could be, a minis feet should never come in multiple parts. 

A friend recently assembled one and had to separately glue on the spaghetti strap of her shirt. Some of the piece choices they make are perplexing.

I'm going to see how long an order from Reaper takes here now. Didn't go for mega bundles, but did go for some RCon paints and a Sophie. Do wish a sticker was on the site. Oh well.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I'm going to see how long an order from Reaper takes here now. Didn't go for mega bundles, but did go for some RCon paints and a Sophie. Do wish a sticker was on the site. Oh well.

Which sticker are you looking for?  I got two in my Swag box order that I doubt I'll do anything with...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

Which sticker are you looking for?  I got two in my Swag box order that I doubt I'll do anything with...

Perhaps a mermaid RCon one. Or any pleasing RCon sticker for the paint cart. My lamps, travel cases, and the cart get stickered up, if the sticker fits. The big Reaper sticker I got in an order a while back is actually too big for most things. 1-2 inch sizes are ideal. 

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

A friend recently assembled one and had to separately glue on the spaghetti strap of her shirt. Some of the piece choices they make are perplexing.

TeePublic has the con stickers. 2.50+2.99 postage in the US.  Not sure what they charge you guys. 

• Like 4

Hooray! After 17 days, my Reaper Megabundle finally arrived, fifteen minutes before the post office closes for the long weekend.

BUT WHY THE BROCCOLI AM I PAYING TAXES AND SERVICE CHARGES ON IT WORTH 23% OF THE TOTAL?! :angry:

In the many years of products I've ordered from Reaper, both the store and through KS, it's the first time I've had to pay anything extra that wasn't from UPS.

Two weeks ago, another KS delivery also got extra charges. Also shipped through USPS. What the heck is happening?

Is this something from the new NAFTA deal or am I missing something else here?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Hooray! After 17 days, my Reaper Megabundle finally arrived, fifteen minutes before the post office closes for the long weekend.

BUT WHY THE BROCCOLI AM I PAYING TAXES AND SERVICE CHARGES ON IT WORTH 23% OF THE TOTAL?! :angry:

In the many years of products I've ordered from Reaper, both the store and through KS, it's the first time I've had to pay anything extra that wasn't from UPS.

Two weeks ago, another KS delivery also got extra charges. Also shipped through USPS. What the heck is happening?

I get dinged occasionally, and usually in clumps.  I don't know if they hire a new keener, or some manager gets worked up about it for a bit, or what....

It's bad enough our dollar is crap to begin with, then they have to pile that on too...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Technically anything brought in is supposed to have fees attached to it, typically GST.  Anything over $20 in value is definitely supposed to have such happen...  Typically though, they wait until the package is valued at around $80 USD or more, but sometimes you get a package that's a few hundred through and just shrug.

I have noticed that CanadaPost seems to be more vigiliant about such, but... Still the same scattershot approach.

• Like 2