Sign in to follow this  
Lostraven

Bones 4: Kalainen Darkmantle, Evil Wizard #11

Thank you. @Iridil - I started with a white base followed by a wash of Casandora Yellow. Then I highlighted with layers of Sand Yellow, Ivory and white. Finally a targeted wash of yellow closer to the bottle and recesses.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the 'Shroomancer, part of the Gooblapalooza set from Games Workshop who are all Goblin Wizards with different powers. This one alters the reality around him by getting really high on mushrooms, considering his "creations" appear to be attacking him this doesn't seem to be the most reliable of powers.

Really pleased with how this one turned out, I think the super cartoony sculpt just gelled well with the way I paint.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By gmvader
      This was an experiment that I'm only mostly pleased with. I think a better painter would have been able to pull off the lightning wings more smoothly but, on the other hand, they came out better than I expected and I really like the concept and had a lot of fun trying to pull it off.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals!
      Here is one of the minis I just finished this morning, a Ral Partha Kindly Old Wizard, I think sculpted by Dennis Mize.  Sadly I forgot about the "old" part in the Kingly Old Wizard, and made his beard much more brown than a really old wizard would have I'm thinking.  

This is one of the Ral Partha Imports that Dennis Mize sculpted based on some old Citadel miniatures.  So anyhoos, here he is, feigning friendliness!

• By Lostraven
      Here is Arnise from the Female Fighters subset of the Bones 4 Core. It was sculpted by Werner Klocke and is also available in metal SKU# 14018. The idea of a green skinned wild forest elf was intriguing to me. I found many reference artworks on Pinterest. I've had the resin tree base for awhile, not knowing what to do with it but Arnise's lean was a perfect fit once I cut the base away.

• By Lostraven
      Here is Ava Justina, Female Templar from the Bones 4 core set. She is in fact figure #1 in the set. She was sculpted by Bobby Jackson and is also available in metal SKU 03746. I drew inspiration from GW's Sisters of Battle and went for a clean black armor look. Unfortunately the casting is a little soft in some areas - especially around the legs where the plates and chainmail are not so well defined. I cut her off the cast-in base and put her on one I made with the Temple roller from Green Stuff World. There are fleur-de-lis in the pattern which I thought would be a neat call back to the Battle Sisters.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)