Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

So, City of Heroes: Homecoming is in negotiations with NCSoft - at this point it is looking like as long as they don't charge money, NCSoft will let them be. ::):

And Mercedes Lackey is back to playing the game.

Homecoming has also improved the graphics - and Megan's new card allows 'Ultra HD'. (My crappy old laptop does not - and the difference is quite noticeable.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Today in the world of writing: Had a story rejected in under three hours, the form letter contained the phrase "we gave your story serious consideration," and about fifteen minutes before I received it the mag's editor was on Twitter bragging about already having read hundreds of submissions today.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 9

This is how I'm starting my summer (with regrets?).

JGOekVq.jpg

I'm kind of scared to try it (though only 30% alcohol content), but also afraid of missing out.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

Oh law lol. That's either the makings for a great night or a monstrously bad one right there.

• Haha 12

46 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Today in the world of writing: Had a story rejected in under three hours, the form letter contained the phrase "we gave your story serious consideration," and about fifteen minutes before I received it the mag's editor was on Twitter bragging about already having read hundreds of submissions today.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, I guess they scan the first few paragraphs and toss whatever doesn't catch their interest?  If you have hundreds of stories to read, you have to do something like that.

• Like 6

Had a nice visit with Ma and Pa Strawhat today.  We were originally going to keep far, far away as we're all high risk if we get a bad case, but that plan didn't last.  Ma and Pa are mostly not engaging in unnecessary activity, and the same is true with us, so we decided to chance it.  Probably won't see them for a couple weeks after this, though.

It's good that we did, though, even in violation of social distancing rules.  They're getting on each others' cases without other people to interact with.  Ma is trying to get me to take Pa out somewhere and do something, anything other than their normal routine.  It also turns out that Ma has been glossing over some health issues.  So at least that's in the open, now, which is unpleasant but necessary.

• Like 6
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

It could be both, to be fair :devil:

Or a good night and a bad morning after.

The Auld Grump - three guesses whom I am quoting.

• Like 7

@Cranky Dog, you will tell us how it tastes, right?  I mean, I can't buy any unless they open the border, but I could ask my sister to set aside a bottle...

Waiting here very anxiously to get word of what June will be like here.  Can I even have a graduation BBQ with a few of daughter's friends?  Inquiring minds are keen to know!

• Like 8

Painted for about 3 hours actively today. Probably going upstairs for another couple after dinner settles. Want to finish all the lining on the body before bed.

• Like 11

For all of our Terry Pratchett Fans:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.8b2703820b4e9e30c02ed8a7b8ecf2cc.jpg

GEM

And just maybe, a Hard Boiled Egg

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

What on the agenda for the film fest?

As with most years, a wide ranging mix of good and bad. Sorry I didn't catch this earlier, but I think you should be able to watch it on twitch still.

https://www.balticon.org/wp54/virtual-film-festival/

Played too much Civ6, still got in a bit of painting. The 5 dark elves from Bones 4 are just about done. A little bit of detail work to go. I really need to put together a decent photo backdrop/stage...

Sadly it's time to walk the dogs and get to bed. Gotta work tomorrow.

• Like 8

UPS is the pits.

Just checked on a package that was originally scheduled for delivery on Saturday. ::):

Rescheduled to Tuesday. ::(:

Now rescheduled to Wednesday. :down:

The package is currently in Victorville, [According to the shipping tracker it arrived in Victorville mid-day Saturday]  I am assuming it is at the Victorville Depot. :grr:

Which we drive past every time we go to Taco Bell. :angry:

It's my Reaper Order.

GEM

• Sad 9