Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

From The Smithsonian:

On this day in 1901, Spanish artist Pablo Picasso's first major Parisian exhibition opened. Picasso was 19 at the time, and this exhibition was the beginning of his career as one of the most celebrated artists of the 20th century and the founder of the Cubist movement.

GEM

• Like 11

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Keianna said:

Best of luck with that. My mother had flat roofs for years and after fighting with leaks and repairs the entire time, she finally had a company come install a proper slanted roof over the flat roof. 2 years on now and no more problems. Looks really nice and helps with energy bills too. 

It sounds like she had a construction problem then.

In our neighbourhood all homes have flat roofs, people have been living here since the 70's.

We bought the house from a couple we know, they lived here for 50 years.

Never a leakage.

I doubt it will be bad, I just want to know the current status and the life expentancy of the bitumen/asphalt and maybe enhance the draining capacity

I do have brainweasels, but I always have those when dealing with stuff that might cost money or trouble.

This time it's more out of precaution.

• Like 13

15 hours ago, Adept Legacy said:

I persist, though not all together well. Things are going to turn for the better in September.

20200624_105335.jpg

[Purple]

So what part of the world am o staying away from then?  It could be worse, it's not a case of bagpipes.

[Purple]

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

Okay, time to think about dinner. Alice's GI tract is acting up, so there's some white rice in the IP, but I'm thinking about making a BBQ chili. Also, salad, but I need something for lunch for the next couple days. But do I go with the ground pork or the ground beef...

I was going to say use both but...

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

It ended up being a seafood chili.

Mrs. Hamster, upon seeing me take the meat out of the freezer suggested that I use the various cans of seafood that she didn't have any plans for. So... Sure. Lots of Old Bay instead of BBQ sauce, and I have a tasty seafood chili. I hope it doesn't get too 'fishy' too quickly.

That went in a very unexpected direction!  I hope it was tasty!

We had kebasa and German patatoe salad for dinner tonight

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I need the mega bundle!!!! D:

The miser in me growls a bit at the cost of the swag bag.  I will get one of the bundles to support the event and Reaper but I was expecting either more or bigger since they don't need to host a physical event, or a reduced cost.  It could also be that I haven't seen everything because I stay away from most social media.  (Apparently I am old...twitch grinds on every nerve I have!) but I don't really need paints or humanoids.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

In our neighbourhood all homes have flat roofs, people have been living here since the 70's.

Never a leakage.

I doubt it will be bad, I just want to know the current status and the life expentancy of the bitumen/asphalt and maybe enhance the draining capacity

I do have brainweasels, but I always have those when dealing with stuff that might cost money or trouble.

I doubt that your roof is flat. I am sure it looks flat, but my guess is that it has a gentle pitch to it. Where are the gutters or downspouts? That side will be the lowest side. 

I would be more curious about how it deals with snow or ice build-up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

I doubt that your roof is flat. I am sure it looks flat, but my guess is that it has a gentle pitch to it. Where are the gutters or downspouts? That side will be the lowest side. 

I would be more curious about how it deals with snow or ice build-up. 

You're right about the gentle pitch, downspouts are on the sides.

Snow/Ice, the building has survived since the 70's , these days we get like two snow days during Winter, and Ice will only be where the water doesn't move, a small patch no thicker than 2 cm.

Still want to hear it from the experts, hence the inspection.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Coffee...

Indeed!

20 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Has Reaper put up pictures of the contents of the Swag Boxes anywhere?

The Brinewind one is calling to me, but I want to see what I'm throwing my monies at first. 

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92034-swag-boxes-2020-reapercon-online/&tab=comments#comment-1951234

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm up a lot earlier than my body sure wants... Who sets a meeting for 07:00????!????

Sadists, masochists, people in different bloody timezones to you (oh, wait, that's 1am and 5am meetings for me)

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Never a leakage.

Not a bad thing to take precautions over - we had a massive hailstorm a couple of years ago, so as a precaution put in an insurance claim to get our roofs inspected. Damage was deemed sufficient to replace the roofs of all buildings...which considering that the house roof was 100 years old wasn't too bad an outcome (there were sections of the verandah roof that we thought needed replacing anyway, so this saved us that cost)

in other news, kangaroos are pests

Edited by ratsmitglied
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Has Reaper put up pictures of the contents of the Swag Boxes anywhere?

The Brinewind one is calling to me, but I want to see what I'm throwing my monies at first. 

If you click the picture of the box it should take you through to another page with some pictures of things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3