Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

My bread this past week is mocking me....

I tried to make a batard last weekend, it stuck to my banneton liner and deflated coming out. was a tasty but dense loaf.

Tried again tuesday morning... had a power outage that started literally as I was setting the oven to preheat (my oven has an electric control, so no baking without electricity...).  By the time it came on they were badly overproofed and turned into wide flat discs with huge bubbles inside.

Today i tried to make sandwich buns, I didn't flatten them enough before setting them to rise and now I have almost spherical balls of bread that are going to be hard to make into a satisfying sandwich....

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Need coffee... Need sleep...

We're awake for a fire alarm inspection. Nothing's happened yet. Need to be awake in case I have to flee.

Apparently I do not need to flee. I now live in a building with a competent maintenance team. Not exactly something I recommend sleeping through but tolerable.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Reaper order?

No, Secret Weapon.  I ordered product that was indicated as being "in stock", but which either over-sold or was not, in fact, in stock. Hundreds of customers got left hanging while they caught up to demand. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

No, Secret Weapon.  I ordered product that was indicated as being "in stock", but which either over-sold or was not, in fact, in stock. Hundreds of customers got left hanging while they caught up to demand. 

Thanks, I think I ordered the same thing (bag of miscast bases?) and was going to email them tomorrow to see if there had been any movement on the order. Saw your comment, checked on the shipping notification that hasn't moved in 3 weeks and sure enough my package is on its way.

• Like 8

Painting Platinum started at 3:00 PM.  Sadie is painting 77134 - Hajad, Pirate.  No painting yet, as far as I can tell.

The giveaway is blue steel and green steel paint and a pokey tool for every five subs.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

Anne's show today was: RTB Pro Tips! Rock Troll! Part 2! Sku#44002, where she started out using a synthetic brush for the body of the troll.  She compared that to painting with a Kolinsky sable.  I couldn't watch it live due to running errands.  Link to VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/661176768

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Are those colors only available via giveaway? 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I believe so.  Sadie made up a very limited amount based on the original ProPaints colors.  She just said there are only seven green steel left.  There are more blue steel.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

13 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

The miser in me growls a bit at the cost of the swag bag.  I will get one of the bundles to support the event and Reaper but I was expecting either more or bigger since they don't need to host a physical event, or a reduced cost.  It could also be that I haven't seen everything because I stay away from most social media.  (Apparently I am old...twitch grinds on every nerve I have!) but I don't really need paints or humanoids.

I growl with you. It feels sort of like they split them into smaller bundles and charged more for each of them. It doesn't sit quite right with me. I am on twitch, but I dislike that it's the primary source of information these days. 

• Like 10