Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

I know the antibodies aren't foolproof and will wear off over time but I'll take any protection I can get. I still have to take the subway to get to and from work. Having taken it today to the store and back, I can safely say the subway is packed with too many fools to proof anything. I didn't manage to find 'the sideways' today but I saw plenty of the rest. Including several dozen beardwarmers.

7a65c8500d4bacff0a939d502d563787f60b8e7e

I can't go anywhere without seeing at least 3 people doing top left there

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Morihalda said:

2 days until the final walkthrough, 4 days until closing..... Everything's packed except our computers, part of the kitchen, and 5 days of clothes!

AHHHHHHH

• You're doing fine,you got this! :winkthumbs:
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I can't go anywhere without seeing at least 3 people doing top left there

This is truth.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

My mom found a picture is a rare Scottish humming bird

Hide contents

5B8ECF62-044B-47FF-92AE-5A1CB3141640.jpeg.62dd686e0c8cd8e0b5b8af527549d48d.jpeg

Ssshhhh!!! No one is supposed to know about those!

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

22 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Sorry about that, my avatars namesake are elfholes   coworker of mine got the side of his car smashed up because he honked at one sunning itself in the middle of the road.  

Hope the insurance co comes to a quick decision and I'm really glad no one was hurt.

23 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hope insurance will come through then.

Good that she wasn't injured.

We'll probably know in a couple of weeks what the decision is,  having said that,  the workshop doesn't have capacity until August, so we've got at least 6-8 weeks before we get it back anyway. Hence accelerating replacing it! All going well we could have the replacement at the end of next week (due to where we live and our work commitments we need two vehicles) 

Edited by ratsmitglied
double post on phone, fixing it on proper device
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

For the past few nights there have been explosions in my area. Loud enough to hear and wake, but I don't think close enough to harm my neighborhood. Not sure if it's anything bad or if someone is prepping fireworks.

Tuesday morning at 312 am loud explosion and then a few minutes later a second explosion.

Wednesday morning at 205 or 207 am, one loud explosion.

Thursday morning at 4am two explosions.

Friday morning at 333 am, one explosion. Police drove through my neighborhood. And then at 530 am, another explosion. Police drove past the neighborhood.

These stupid explosions are interrupting my sleep. Grrr

You are probably hearing the launcher charge from fireworks launched from mortars.

If you listen carefully you will likely hear a loud report, the launch charge, followed in 2 seconds or less by a smaller report that may sound like a loud pop.

The typical fireworks mortar for non-commercial use is a very heavy cardboard tube that may have a wall thickness up to half an inch, sized so that the firework drops into the tube with minimal clearance and the fuse sticking out of the top.

In our area the local rowdies have been setting these off every night.  Since we currently have a High Fire Danger going on which will last into October this is really the height of stupidity.

GEM

Good Luck with getting sleep.

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I know the antibodies aren't foolproof and will wear off over time but I'll take any protection I can get. I still have to take the subway to get to and from work. Having taken it today to the store and back, I can safely say the subway is packed with too many fools to proof anything. I didn't manage to find 'the sideways' today but I saw plenty of the rest. Including several dozen beardwarmers.

7a65c8500d4bacff0a939d502d563787f60b8e7e

I represent that remark.

I have beard hanging out below my mask, usually with a "chin ponytail" as mine is long enough to get tangled up in a seat belt without some restraint.

GEM

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Hide contents

Looks like a Red, Plaid Bellied Chanter to me.

GEM

[Good One]

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We're getting the usual seasonal street festivities. Starts after dark (around 9pm) and goes until midnight or slightly later.  It will get louder and run later as the week goes on.  I would wonder about singular loud noises at 2 or 3 am.  Last time we heard a loud explosion it was a local fast food place with a gas leak. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

20 hours ago, TGP said:

Was there such a thing as a leisure suit that was anything BUT polyester? 

Don't ask for particulars but… I do remember worse colours than white.

Actually, my father had a lime green corduroy leisure suit with a yellow shirt...  ::P:

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's part of the Scottish military's new drone program... <rim shot>

• Haha 17

I got desperate. I cracked open a Potion of Healing.

It may have worked. I managed to sleep 5 and a half hours straight through today. Which is something I have not been able to do in a week.

In case anyone needs to know what a Potion of Healing looks like:

8150XYDRxsL._SX425_PIbundle-12,TopRight,

Apparently available in 12 packs from the great river. Which was where I found this photo.

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, TGP said:

It may have worked. I managed to sleep 5 and a half hours straight through today. Which is something I have not been able to do in a week.

Apparently available in 12 packs from the great river. Which was where I found this photo.

Glad you're feeling better! And yeah, those potions of healing really do help.

Here's hoping the fireworks don't keep us all up late tonight.

• Like 8

Headed down to grandparents’ cabin today. Not that much cooler than the city, but a lot quieter. Going to complete our yearly traditions of a particular steak house and a handmade jewelry store that we didn’t get to do last month. Already seen bats and heard both a bear and some raccoons while out on the deck watching satellites pass overhead.

And in work news, it looks like I get to return to the office 7/22. That makes a third of the year that I haven’t been at my desk. Weird. But it will be fun to finally meet the new team after three months. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, TGP said:

That potion of healing has a heck of a lot of sodium.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That potion of healing has a heck of a lot of sodium.

There is / was a chance that I was real low on Sodium. :rock:

And let me just add, it was glorious.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Fireworks... It's been an issue.

While not a issue here....yet, there is usually one or two that goes off while I'm walking to work each night. Why, I just notice this now, but the 4th is on a Saturday (ughh) this year. The 4th & Halloween are the 2 worst holidays when they fall on a work night. I hate walking up to work on those nights. At least, Halloween it winding down or over by the time I go up, the 4th, who knows who might be out there, blowing crap up.

Decided to look into how many players have signed up for our Return to Live Events (D&D) at the FLGS, so far 3 out of 6 slots have been sold, wahoo!!!

• Like 12

A day's travel from the monastery there is a barrow downs....

Megan has been painting a lot of skellies.

Megan also has my undead horsemen on her side of the table.

By 'a lot' I mean around a hundred....

The Auld Grump - worse, they are mostly my own skellies - she is putting a dent in my undead mountain of shame.... (I have an entire unpainted Mantic undead army....)

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 13