Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Thank you, subconscious, just when I have given up on something as a bad idea, you give me a dream to show how it could be worse.

In my cops game this is the beholder that is the police captain -

71073.jpg

I briefly considered using the Reaper Eye Beast as his child - but gave it up as a bad idea -

02712_G.jpg

And, just now, by brain sent me a  dream where the eye beast was using Scrappy Doo's voice. ::o:

Scrappy-doo.png

Dear gods, NOOOOOOOO!

The Auld Grump - it woke me right up. :zombie:

• Haha 14

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, TGP said:

I got desperate. I cracked open a Potion of Healing.

It may have worked. I managed to sleep 5 and a half hours straight through today. Which is something I have not been able to do in a week.

In case anyone needs to know what a Potion of Healing looks like:

8150XYDRxsL._SX425_PIbundle-12,TopRight,

Apparently available in 12 packs from the great river. Which was where I found this photo.

You need to wash that down with a Scottish Potion of Healing :poke:

1572223162_DSC0511-2(1).jpg.f9bc523af0b45ce2ced2883916124b0c.jpg

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Actually, my father had a lime green corduroy leisure suit with a yellow shirt...  

Thanks for the nightmare fuel!  I thought the powder blue suit with fusha shirt was bad enough!

7 hours ago, Pegazus said:

And in work news, it looks like I get to return to the office 7/22. That makes a third of the year that I haven’t been at my desk. Weird. But it will be fun to finally meet the new team after three months. 

Speaking of the office... I was back this week for a startup.  It was weird.  Normally I would have gone to the site with a crew to oversee the start up but for this we created a remote command station at our local office and ran the startup remotely with only 1 tech at the site.   May set a while new paradigm as the operation was almost flawless and one of the best startups we've ever done!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

A day's travel from the monastery there is a barrow downs....

Megan has been painting a lot of skellies.

Megan also has my undead horsemen on her side of the table.

By 'a lot' I mean around a hundred....

The Auld Grump - worse, they are mostly my own skellies - she is putting a dent in my undead mountain of shame.... (I have an entire unpainted Mantic undead army....)

I have come so close to buying that army a number of times. I even have a spreadsheet where I figured out the optimal combination of sets to get the most minis for the least $$. Problem is, I'm not that big a fan of big battle games...

Last night, on the final walk, we finally saw some fireflys. Summer has officially arrived.

Sadly it didn't cool off enough, and even with the window fan and the tower fan, I slept like crap. I think we'll need the AC both today and tonight.

COFFEE

• Like 8

The weather this week has been...confused. It still can't seem to decide whether it's spring or summer. We've had everything from mid-70's to just over 100 degrees, cloudless sunny skies to thunderstorms, and the occasional blustery day wandering through for variety. 

The only logical explanation is that someone local has decided that onions are too boring and begun experimenting with belt zucchini. :upside:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

The weather this week has been...confused. It still can't seem to decide whether it's spring or summer. We've had everything from mid-70's to just over 100 degrees, cloudless sunny skies to thunderstorms, and the occasional blustery day wandering through for variety. 

The only logical explanation is that someone local has decided that onions are too boring and begun experimenting with belt zucchini. :upside:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I can totally concur with this statement! Very nice outside right now! I must go out mow the yards!

• Like 10

I was supposed to finish packing and head out on vacation today. Went digging for the last couple of things and discovered that my room flooded over night. We all thought this problem had been fixed with the installation of a new sump pump :zombie:

Might still leave today. Looks like no new water is coming in. We'll see how long it takes to do everything that needs doing. 

• Sad 19

Kazoos were unceremonious buried in the garbage can when no one was looking.

No painting to speak of this week. But today is my first IRL D&D session since 2019. Excited, even if I will have to sanitize every hour and wear a mask.

My daughter was upset I threw out her thrice broken hula hoop. Not sure what to say. I told her it looks like trash so I threw it out. There are no follow up questions, yet.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Finally got my rain last night! Ground got a decent soaking, with a nice side dish of thunder for about 4-5 hours. Temperature is just under 100, but the humidity has been cut so it's more of a baking heat. Clouds have begun gathering again, and I've got another box of Triscuts, so now to see if I can provoke round 2....

(Last night's storm may have occured due to repeated playings of the Blind Melon song, in the hopes of appeasing the Bumblebee Girl. It seemed to work.)

• Like 11