Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

It has been a really great holiday weekend!  Got both my 3d printers up and running, successful prints on both.  Got the porch cleaned up and most of the last bit of painting done.  Got shopping done for the week, got to sleep late, had an awesome DnD session on Sunday, and had friends over for dinner to just chat and catch up.  Only downside was it rained so we couldn't spend much time on the porch but the actual get together was great and felt like normal.

And i still have 2 days of vacation left, a 2 day work week and then back to weekend!  Hope everyone had a good weekend, Its been a long time since i felt like i was doing something right or normal.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

It has been a really great holiday weekend!  Got both my 3d printers up and running, successful prints on both.  Got the porch cleaned up and most of the last bit of painting done.  Got shopping done for the week, got to sleep late, had an awesome DnD session on Sunday, and had friends over for dinner to just chat and catch up.  Only downside was it rained so we couldn't spend much time on the porch but the actual get together was great and felt like normal.

And i still have 2 days of vacation left, a 2 day work week and then back to weekend!  Hope everyone had a good weekend, Its been a long time since i felt like i was doing something right or normal.

Really happy to hear you have a few good days in a row.

You deserve it my friend.

GEM

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

This is how I'm starting my summer (with regrets?).

JGOekVq.jpg

I'm kind of scared to try it (though only 30% alcohol content), but also afraid of missing out.

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

@Cranky Dog, you will tell us how it tastes, right?  I mean, I can't buy any unless they open the border, but I could ask my sister to set aside a bottle...

Waiting here very anxiously to get word of what June will be like here.  Can I even have a graduation BBQ with a few of daughter's friends?  Inquiring minds are keen to know!

First tests, and I find the results to be disappointing.

It fails in both the orange flavour and the vanilla one. Yes, it succeeds in being straight up alcohol, but for overall flavour, it is very lacking. Maybe I need to drink it on the rocks or something, but I'll need to make some ice first.

Mind you, it was in the rum section of the liquor store, but looking closer at the label, and ingredients in the back, the word "rum" doesn't appear anywhere.

There are better alternatives to get a taste of summer.

[Urge for mutiny against captain... rising]

Luckily, I do have a bottle of Captain Morgan Private Stock, which I do love.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Anyone know how to find the Inspiration Gallery?

It is currently missing in action after the launch of the new website, and apparently is coming back at some point, but by the sound of it it's gone past "soon tm" into "it's on the list, but no actual eta" territory for when it will be restored. 

A great many people miss it - I used to use it all the time for seeing how people painted particular minis, so I could see what kind of details it might have, and such. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Congrats @OneBoot!

On 5/23/2020 at 4:46 PM, TripleH said:

Discussing next week's project's and discovered one of my sprinkler heads has broken off in the past week. ::(: Another thing to add to the list.

Was @Pegazus in your yard? :devil:

On 5/24/2020 at 8:48 AM, Pegazus said:

Since all the smart elfed answers were taken, I have to give an honest answer, with the caveat that neither I nor any other person on the planet or in orbit is normal.

I don't have any social boundaries. I could be in a crowded social situation and just ... be ... until I fell asleep. I could probably then sleep in the same crowded social situation for a full eight hours, possibly more depending on bedding comfort levels, then get up and be social again for the full day.

I'm no extrovert, but not an introvert either. Being social just isn't something at all, and I can't give any reason why. Maybe because I can escape mentally whenever I want?

Sounds like a kid show "message": You're never trapped in a sea of people when you've got .... IMAGINATION!

I've come to think of it as a sort of charge/drain/recharge cycle.  Some people recharge with alone time, some people recharge with social interaction, and none of us have the exact same length of drain/recharge times. 

Oh, and then there are the people who completely short out our normal charge cycles, and a precious few others who can super charge us or make our charge last longer. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I've come to think of it as a sort of charge/drain/recharge cycle.  Some people recharge with alone time, some people recharge with social interaction, and none of us have the exact same length of drain/recharge times. 

Oh, and then there are the people who completely short out our normal charge cycles, and a precious few others who can super charge us or make our charge last longer. 

Just so. Very few people do not drain me, my husband is one of them. I’m hoping my daughter turns into one of them, but right now she’s like a psychic vampire. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Just now, redambrosia said:

Just so. Very few people do not drain me, my husband is one of them. I’m hoping my daughter turns into one of them, but right now she’s like a psychic vampire. 

My children usually drain me, but there are times they don't, and those incredible times when they super charge me. 

• Like 12

@OneBoot and @Green Eyed Monster

I know what happened regarding Cookie Clicker, because I, too, got sucked into it a couple of weeks ago. It's not exactly your fault, OneBoot - only indirectly.  

It was from an OLD thread that someone performed some thread necromancy on. I, too, saw OneBoot's old post in the thread about how it was a good game to just leave running and visit occasionally, and foolishly looked into it before realizing the post/thread was several years old. It was too late, the grandmas had sucked me in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

39 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I have three daughters and psychic vampire is exactly the phrase I use to describe when one of them is in a "needs lots of support" phase. 

@kristof65 is also correct that they can super-charge you when things go well.  

May fortune favor you.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Started a new book tonight--yet another story collection, for those keeping track and rolling your eyes at home--and the first story featured miniatures!

And it was a lovely, touching story, too. Pretty good reading so far.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I know what happened regarding Cookie Clicker, because I, too, got sucked into it a couple of weeks ago. It's not exactly your fault, OneBoot - only indirectly.  

It was from an OLD thread that someone performed some thread necromancy on. I, too, saw OneBoot's old post in the thread about how it was a good game to just leave running and visit occasionally, and foolishly looked into it before realizing the post/thread was several years old. It was too late, the grandmas had sucked me in!

175 TRILLION Cookies per second and I feel like I'm going nowhere. :lol:

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Okay, now I'm super curious which thread this was. 

All the threads I used to follow got unfollowed at one point (or possibly several), so I don't really keep track of old content anymore. 

Yes...bake the cookies...the grandmas compel you! :upside:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9