Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

It rained last night so the garden got nice and wet and it was cool most of the day. Still overcast, but feeling warm and muggy. 

About half the game group got together and played not-shadowrun. Working out some sort of homebrew rules. Quote for the day: "The power of ganja compels you!"

5 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have some bok choi, some leftover takeout Chinese, some leftover pork roast that needs to be used today, a half dozen onions, and a pint of homemade turkey stock.

Gonna make soup.

Have some leftover chicken, chinese cabbage, avocado, lettuce and pea pods, so it looks more like chinese salad here. 

My Bag of Crap came and I am mighty pleased with the selection. FIVE gunshot Jersey barriers in this bag, whoo! 

• Like 12

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had our annual jewelry and steak trip. Have seen wild turkey, deer, and a couple of horses that probably shouldn’t have been where they were (middle of the road). Heard the bear, but he’s too far away to see. Saw a bunch of satellite passes and quite a few Bootids.

Overall, a successful summer weekend.

• Like 14

You know it's a good Pathfinder session when it includes a chocobo race between four characters from completely unrelated media (John D from GURPS, Hoid from Brandon Sanderson's books, Cloud from FF7, and Barbados from Pathfinder), with a brief appearance of the "mudflap girl" on a gigantic motorcycle. Also, a spontaneous karaoke throwdown between the queen of the succubi and one of those characters, PTSD counseling for one of the PCs, a different PC who is also a dragon searching for the lost soul of his buddy in the Norse underworld, and a surprise attack from a minefield full of tentacles.

So yeah, it was a fairly epic session. ::D:

It also sounds like the most incredibly bizarre dream when I summarize it like that. :lol::lol::lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 4
  • Haha 14

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Made Tikka Massala.

Made lamb Kafka with tzatziki last night for dinner with a Greek salad.  It was quite tasty and well worth getting a little damp doing the last few on the grill as a rainstorm moved in.  Even the kids liked them which is pretty rare.

Other than that, I played Stellaris.  It was on sale and now I'm doomed...

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Very hot here here today (32o C) and super scorchy. Thunderstorm should be blowing in and go on for about 3-4 days, if all is to be believed.

Yesterday evening was quite pleasant, though I could have done without the actual rain... but even that was a welcome change from the latest heat.  Still, it's been cooler than a few year ago.  

• Like 10

So, it's sunday it's too hot to do anything, and besides, it's going to rain soon, so I do as usual...   

I check out the loonie bin...

(new and recommended projects on Kickstarter)

'A bombproof bicycle'... 

No maintenance, even... 

The frame is 304 Stainless Steel, and he claims it doesn't rust...    

treat it badly such as using to as a drying rack, and it will start rusting. 

He's swapped the chain for a shaft drive, and claim that is maintenance free... 

He also ditched gearing. You get 1 gear and you better be happy about it. 

(He really doesn't like derailleurs, and seem to think that that is the only way to get gears on a bicycle)

No brake handles or wires. He really seems to hate wires. There's no wires on the bike. 

Instead he's using a 'coaster brake' in the rear hub. 

While those brakes last a long time, they will eventually wear out, and you have no visual indicator for it. And they're a pain to swap. 

Also, a single rear brake on a bicycle is illegal in many countries(but possibly not in the USA?) 

And the fun fact about them is that if you use them to control your speed in a long downhill, such as down from a mountain pass, they can overheat and 'explode'... 

Which is why they're almost exlusively used in pretend fixies used by city-dwelling hipsters. 

There's no kick stand, and no fenders. 

And he's got a pretty woman in a white summer dress holding it as if she's about to jump on and ride it. 

I wonder what her dress will look like after riding on that bike, if she can even get up on it... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

Finally gave in and ran the AC in the bedroom last night. So worth it. Actually got a good night's sleep!

Now coffee!! 

Today will be a day of cooking, then D&D. Gonna get some session report writing in too I think.

• Like 14

19 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have some bok choi, some leftover takeout Chinese, some leftover pork roast that needs to be used today, a half dozen onions, and a pint of homemade turkey stock.

Gonna make soup.

My produce box from the community supported agriculture yielded some bok choy last week, so I ended up stir-frying it with chicken.  This week we got blueberries, so I’m making some blueberry syrup this morning to go with the buckwheat pancakes.

734A3B63-3721-408B-B0B8-434AAB0AD48E.jpeg.76d4ce03888d2d7b547fd47b63143578.jpeg

• Like 14

24 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

My produce box from the community supported agriculture yielded some bok choy last week, so I ended up stir-frying it with chicken.  This week we got blueberries, so I’m making some blueberry syrup this morning to go with the buckwheat pancakes.

734A3B63-3721-408B-B0B8-434AAB0AD48E.jpeg.76d4ce03888d2d7b547fd47b63143578.jpeg

I've never made syrup myself... Gonna have to try that!

More Coffee!!

• Like 9

Mrs Rex Haas a summer cold, not covid, just a summer cold.  However, life is going to get irritating if I get it.  Too many people will panic.

@Gadgetman! that bike sounds like it was designed by a hipster  for a "heavy user" who thinks he's a biker because he biked 5 miles to the coffee shop after his pelton session.

@Crowley looking forward to the writeup. Glad you got sleep.  A.C.  has been on here for a few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

More Coffee!!

The syrup looka good @Rob Dean but the only syrup I like is maple and that is pretty hard to do yourself.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

It wasn’t particularly difficult, 1 cup each blueberries, water, and sugar. Add a tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in water before it boils; stir frequently, boil until thickened. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice when you take it off the heat. 

DF670EED-3488-46AB-BE62-8B6E599534CD.thumb.jpeg.03af528a2bfc145be81699fb9e821cc8.jpeg

It was good. The kale in the scrambled eggs also came from the produce box. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I'm looking forward to next year, and getting a community supported agriculture box.  I could buy in weekly with one, but it's noticeably more expensive than paying for all sixteen weeks up front.  That and I haven't looked far enough into pickup points yet. 

• Like 10