Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of my stepdad's death. I am a mess and probably won't sleep much if at all tonight. 

• Sad 27

5 hours ago, Pingo said:

So I finished a mini. First one in a year. Anyone know how to find the Inspiration Gallery?

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91668-two-different-versions-of-the-bones-large-earth-elemental-77185/

They dropped it with the latest updates on the Site.

It has been said it will return at some point but the same is said about the Boneyard which has been missing for a long time now.

I'm pretty annoyed by it, I spend hours with Reaperbryan online to send him pics of painted minis from the Inspiration Gallery for those minis in the store who had no painted example.

Many were approved and applied in the store and it all went away.

Pretty much done with it.

1 hour ago, sumbloke said:

My sister gave birth yesterday. This is my first niece/nephew to be born (but my sixth niece/nephew - the other five were inherited during the wedding)...

CONGRATS!!!

44 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of my stepdad's death. I am a mess and probably won't sleep much if at all tonight. 

You're thinking of him, he's not forgotten.

Remember the good times, don't let it get you down.

Hang in there.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2020 at 1:30 PM, haldir said:

Well that was kinda disappointing.........Iheartradio "Slippery when Wet" station (aka 80s hair bands) is doing a top 80 countdown this weekend.Fan voted countdown of the top 80s hair band songs. I caught at work at #80 & listened to it all the way to #1. #1 was Welcome to the Jungle by GnR....yah, my thoughts exactly.

Guns N' Roses is the greatest rock n' roll band of all time*.  Fite Me.  And, to go all the way, Appetite For Destruction is the tightest album ever made.  No bad songs, every one an anthem.  

*I do genuinely believe this, but it is also bait.  When I'm bored I go to music forums and trollpost this to cause chaos.  Great fun, really.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Funny thing is I like GnR. I just don't like that song. One of my d&d players is a former Black Ops & he absolutely hates that song on the account of during helicopter drop training his CO would blare the song upon reaching the destination. (Totally understandable there). Love, Slash's guitar thou, funny thing about Slash,  I'll finally have to put up something regarding him. Hopefully this week.

I recall first hearing the album during weight training class in HS. Up to that point it was hairbands on the boombox. That might be why I'm not a W2tJ fan but then again someone put Poison's ERhaT on repeat during our overnight bus trip down to Salt Lake city for Sr sneak & i don't mind that one.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Guns N' Roses is the greatest rock n' roll band of all time*.  Fite Me.  And, to go all the way, Appetite For Destruction is the tightest album ever made.  No bad songs, every one an anthem.  

*I do genuinely believe this, but it is also bait.  When I'm bored I go to music forums and trollpost this to cause chaos.  Great fun, really.  

No. Just no. 

Vidar busk & his True Believers. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQALQJd9yo8&list=PLDi3uDOfY6eE05tHwfMPZdiSN7RmirtW4&index=3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, haldir said:

Funny thing is I like GnR.

We are being friends again.  Hitman called off.

27 minutes ago, haldir said:

I just don't like that song.

Oh, you are such a bad!  Why must you be such a bad?  Can you not see that this is being a bad?  Stop being the bad!  

To reinforce my grave seriousness, please enjoy this nightmare fuel AI interpretation of a LEGO minifig.

1590460423532.jpg.fd7f3a83fb66a88b4ff826327ccc1cd1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I’m sorry for your loss.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I shall forever more associate the GnR song "Welcome to the Jungle" with the animated movie MegaMind. It always makes me giggle now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I like GnR except the Chinese Democracy fill my pockets with the band name project.

But hey, I like lots of Rock, Metal, Psychobilly and Punk.

My all time favorite:

Keep Calm And Listen To Motorhead Poster (With images) | Motorhead ...

• Like 8

I enjoy GnR. I don't know if they're the best EVAR, but solid. And yeah, Appetite for Destruction is a very solid album.

@SparrowMarie *hugs*

Okay, time to log into work, and get this day started.

COFFEE!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We've been doing a lot of household and gardening stuff and I haven't painted in what feels like forever. Everything that was needed to be done is now finished and I'm sitting at my painting desk trying to figure out what to paint. One of my many half finished projects (Ma'al, Blacksting, zombie dragon, Argent-as-faerie-dragon) Something new? Maybe I should brave the Greenstuff? Seems like I've been waiting so long for this moment and now I'm just sitting here at a total loss regarding what to do. Silly brainweazels :wacko:

3 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

To reinforce my grave seriousness, please enjoy this nightmare fuel AI interpretation of a LEGO minifig.

1590460423532.jpg.fd7f3a83fb66a88b4ff826327ccc1cd1.jpg

Oh lawdy, I did not need to see that ::o: High octane nightmare fuel indeed :wacko::wow:::o:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.b27cc2036de452d020f3bb2507967789.png

If he's not careful, he gonna wind up spattered all over a runaway somewhere!!! (like twice now or something)

• Haha 8
  • Sad 2