Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Why is it when I say " I want a vacation day" the universe hears "Come on, hit me with your best shot!" 

• Sad 11

6 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Why is it when I say " I want a vacation day" the universe hears "Come on, hit me with your best shot!" 

The universe runs on a Pat Benetar sound track?

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

image.png.5c517ec5db674c20fcef76dce0cc590d.png

Trust the wisdom of Jack Burton!

• Like 11

Worked on Ma'als base A Lot today. I got some GS vines on it, not done with those yet though. I ordered two punches, one cheap one from Amazon and the other from GSW, which will make leaves for the vines. Did a little flocking but I'm not sure I'm happy with it or not. 

ETA: GSW is having some sort of sale, you're welcome. ::D:

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 10

In games that include a Beer Phase, Megan has an advantage.

When it is a cooperative game... I can take her down with me! Rangers of Shadowdeep - we didn't lose... but it ended up more brawl than battle....

The Auld Grump - three cans of Boatswain Chocolate Stout, and I am done!

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

That moment when you open a long misplaced copy of the Ghostbusters: International RPG... and realize it still has its Ghost Die...

The Auld Grump - Megan, her mum, her cousin, and Jenny.... I have the only Y chromosome in the bunch! When the Creality 6 gets here, I plan to print some more Ghost Dice.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Urgh, not looking forward to today.

I've been avoiding situations where I have to wear a mask as much as possible (I don't like wearing them, I get all panicky and find it hard to breath for some reason), but today I have to go to the hospital by bus, so I'm going to be in one pretty much all day :down:

At least I get to try a new Portuguese restaurant later on, that'll be nice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

57 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Urgh, not looking forward to today.

I've been avoiding situations where I have to wear a mask as much as possible (I don't like wearing them, I get all panicky and find it hard to breath for some reason), but today I have to go to the hospital by bus, so I'm going to be in one pretty much all day :down:

At least I get to try a new Portuguese restaurant later on, that'll be nice.

Have you tried wearing a snood? You can get good, lightweight ones on the Big River site fairly cheaply. It's just like wearing a thin scarf and I find it a lot more comfortable.

51a93-VfLdL._AC_.jpg.22040111c51936e269ff08c3f0b36006.jpg

• Like 8

On 7/1/2020 at 10:24 PM, Kangaroorex said:

That's a bummer @Crowley.  Been there before And it's no fun at all.  Hope things work out for you as best they can.  I don't suppose they are offering 6 month severance packages?

They're still figuring out specifics, but given the cash flow issues that seems unlikely.

21 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Howdy all. Went through some tough stuff this week that I felt like sharing. Putting it behind a spoiler because I don't want to make anyone slightly sad if they don't want to be.

Hide contents

So I lost my senior dog of 13 years this week. Janeway, or as we called her Jane.

<snip>

Thanks for letting me share with you all. If you have a pet please go give them a hug for me.

Hugs given. Took Lucy to the vet yesterday for some blood work. I'm worried the steroids she's been on for so long are having some negative side effects.

Why is it on a holiday I wake up even earlier than I usually do for work? Ugh....

COFFEE

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

woke up to the phone not ringing from work and the last two pieces of the scoutship hull i have been printing completed.  Friends are coming over for an afternoon get together of games and pulled pork!  Should be a fun time to forget about life for a while.  I plan on leaving the phone upstairs and away from where it can bother me...

I hope everyone has a good weekend and holiday (where applicable) 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Been busy here at Casa Corsair. One of my nephews came to visit last weekend, so we got to spoil the g'babies. Lady C wore herself out with the kids, so she is beat this week, but her OCD won't let her quit trying to get ready for our relocating in 6 months. The entire kitchen has now been searched for stuff for our first planned garage sale next week. I have started culling the library and storage locker that we have kept since my folks passed away. All the folks I work with have already talked her into coming the night before for a "pre-sale"  My boss actually asked me if I was selling any guns! What a nasty thing to say! I still get a full body quiver at the thought of that, meanie!

So while Lady C gets cleaned up I jumped on here and then we will take a lunch drive and grab some hotdogs for the weekend. Happy Independence Day everyone! Even @Beagle!

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1