Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

5 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Have you tried wearing a snood? You can get good, lightweight ones on the Big River site fairly cheaply. It's just like wearing a thin scarf and I find it a lot more comfortable.

51a93-VfLdL._AC_.jpg.22040111c51936e269ff08c3f0b36006.jpg

I'd definitely look at getting something better than the cheapo disposable masks I'm using if I had to go out every day to work or something, but I'm sticking with my current strategy of just going out as little as possible.

But my day out wasn't as bad as I feared, only a couple of near freak-outs.

The food from the new Portuguese place was woefully mediocre however.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

The food from the new Portuguese place was woefully mediocre however.

That's a shame.

Decided that it was just too elfing hot to spend too much time outside, and so got a pizza, and watched Hamilton instead. Highly recommended.

• Like 10

I need to get myself used to eating proper breakfasts again. Work is not night-shift friendly on a good day and often the only foods available are 'vending machine trash' and 'bar next door'.

Three egg scramble with onions, bell peppers, garlic scapes, goat cheese, and salsa. Also coffee with vanilla cream.

• Like 13

Just now, NebulousMissy said:

I need to get myself used to eating proper breakfasts again. Work is not night-shift friendly on a good day and often the only foods available are 'vending machine trash' and 'bar next door'.

Three egg scramble with onions, bell peppers, garlic scapes, goat cheese, and salsa. Also coffee with vanilla cream.

My usual is 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. I have it just about every day. With coffee, obviously. Not having to think about it helps immensely.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

My usual is 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. I have it just about every day. With coffee, obviously. Not having to think about it helps immensely.

I need options with my eggs or I grow to hate them. So I also have acquired a stockpile of bacon, leftover roast beef, some different color bell peppers, three types of tomatoes, broccoli, bok choy, avocados, and different cheeses. Many of these things live in the freezer to extend their lifespan beyond a week in the fridge. My plan is to rotate around to keep the eggs from getting dull.

Edited by NebulousMissy
words
  • Like 13

10 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I need options with my eggs or I grow to hate them. So I also have acquired a stockpile of bacon, leftover roast beef, some different color bell peppers, three types of tomatoes, broccoli, bok choy, avocados, and different cheeses. Many of these things live in the freezer to extend their lifespan beyond a week in the fridge. My plan is to rotate around to keep the eggs from getting dull.

I can go a VERY long time before I get tired of a dish.

• Like 12

I am exhausted. I stayed up late last night and it is not helping things. We found out this morning that our debit card was compromised LAST MONTH and no one from credit union contacted Husband. So we are waiting for a new card. We haven't been using that account, except when we bought my computer, for a while, it's mostly for savings so glad they caught it. It just would have been nice to be told that they shut off the card.

In other news, I'm getting so close to finishing Ma'al. Right now I'm screwing around with the terrain. Have a really cool idea in my head but have to wait for things I ordered to get here. After I finish the terrain I just need to do a few things on the dragon itself. And then seal everything really, really, really well.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have an egg (usually scrambled with herbs), 1 slice of bacon and some kind of bread (biscuit, bagel, pita) item to make it into a sandwich.  I do like a good omelette once in a while, when ingredients are available.  I froze a lot of last year's peppers, I should use them....

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Zink said:

30 C today and I'm feeling baked because I was outside all day. Storm and tornado warnings for the evening. Can already hear the thunder in the distance.

Here's hoping we still get our forecasted rain.  Was supposed to be here at 4pm, then 6pm, and now... I don't feel like checking forecast again because weather will choose to rain if it chooses to.

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Here's hoping we still get our forecasted rain.  Was supposed to be here at 4pm, then 6pm, and now... I don't feel like checking forecast again because weather will choose to rain if it chooses to.

We were really dry through May and a lot of June but have had enough rain lately and more in the forecast. Almost time for me to start cutting hay and I'm hoping it'll dry up a little for that. So far just dark clouds and lots of rumbling here tonight. At least the temp's dropped about 10 degrees.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Zink said:

We were really dry through May and a lot of June but have had enough rain lately and more in the forecast. Almost time for me to start cutting hay and I'm hoping it'll dry up a little for that. So far just dark clouds and lots of rumbling here tonight. At least the temp's dropped about 10 degrees.

A friend told me that the thunderstorm has already hit the Big CityTM , with a bit of wind.

• Like 8