Jump to content
Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

That's a shame.

 

Decided that it was just too elfing hot to spend too much time outside, and so got a pizza, and watched Hamilton instead. Highly recommended.

Thanks for reminding me -- I've been wanting to see that! :D I'm happy it's available online now.

 

 

4 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Hah! I finished a thing!

 

dragonwing.thumb.JPG.bc9dbeb1afda2e6ece0fbd01556a3e72.JPG

 

Showoff thread is already posted.

 

I absolutely LOVE those wings!!

 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Weather is taunting us. All around us thunderstorms pop up, but they never actually come over us so we can get rain.

 

And that is what happened here too. The black clouds and rumbling left without a drop. From the looks of it people east of us probably got a good rain.

 

Edited by Zink
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zink said:

 

And that is what happened here too. The black clouds and rumbling left without a drop. From the looks of it people east of us probably got a good rain.

 

My friend sent me video of the storm in Regina. I'm hoping to get something like that here. We still have a few puddles from the last rainfall, but we could always use more.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always nice to sit down, and get a decent amount of painting done, doubly so if it's blocking in colours on terrain in order to figure things out a touch better. 

 

Downsides include not paying attention nand holding the same pose for a while, and tensing up a shoulder, but I should live.. 

 

Half tempted to start a thread for the Infinity table I'm slowly building up... 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temperatures were in the low 90s (32+ for the civilized) here yesterday.  At least the humidity was lower than it might have been.  I took my casting gear outside and did some test work on the last block of old (small, “true”) 25mm Prince August fantasy molds.  It looks like I could staff reasonable armies of humans (infantry-heavy, with the one human mounted figure being in an odd pose that would not make the best looking units), humanoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and orcs, supported by wolf riders), and undead (skeletons, ghouls/zombies, and wraiths, although the skeleton rider is finicky to cast, so they’ll also be foot-heavy).  Phase I will be enough figures for skirmishes with Song of Blades and Heroes, say two dozen or so for some variety.  

 

With the casting out of the way, though, the rest of the weekend has to be devoted to tidying; the marriage license arrived in the mail on Thursday, so we will be making things official on the 25th, even if the party is now punted to the first anniversary.  Besides, if I actually cleaned up, I’d probably get more painting done in the long run.  As you can see, my hobby space has reached a pretty high level of entropy again:

 

EE581779-F4C3-45E2-89EE-67EC5CCB1DA8.thumb.jpeg.2d959742c37b892c64ab9c09a197226b.jpeg

 

I don’t suppose anyone has an inspirational tale of how neat and organized their space always is? :rolleyes:

 

 

 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, Rob Dean said:

[…] Besides, if I actually cleaned up, I’d probably get more painting done in the long run.  As you can see, my hobby space has reached a pretty high level of entropy again:

 

EE581779-F4C3-45E2-89EE-67EC5CCB1DA8.thumb.jpeg.2d959742c37b892c64ab9c09a197226b.jpeg

 

I don’t suppose anyone has an inspirational tale of how neat and organized their space always is? :rolleyes:

 

That space looks tidier than any of my spaces... :ph34r:

Why is there a 1:1 scale bicycle?

(I see it hiding just out of frame on the right.)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're getting friends over today.

It has been a while since we've seen them ( well I've seen him because he's one of the other Warrants I've been working with for decades...

But this time his wife comes along and that's has been months due to a certain stupid World thing...

 

I'm going to stuff them with food...

  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TGP said:

That space looks tidier than any of my spaces... :ph34r:

Why is there a 1:1 scale bicycle?

(I see it hiding just out of frame on the right.)


Quiet emergency escape in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

Painting inspiration for my imagi-nations bicycle troopers?
Hipster wall art?

 

We moved into this old house about a year and a half ago.  Irene was thrilled to have a two car garage so that she could finally get her vehicles out of the weather, but...old house, old garage, two Model A’s...two modern cars doesn’t leave room to open the wall side doors, and therefore the bicycles had to share people space.  We got a freestanding wall rack from REI, and placed it next to the most commonly used outside door:

 

4D692BF2-C4C6-4E62-ABB9-071D8796DAEC.jpeg.0315ea8f57bf53ed72d0c18904e1dc53.jpeg

 

Mine is the orange one.  In better times, I now live about 2.5 miles from the FLGS, so I would ordinarily bike over there rather than deal with the crowded and chancy parking.  Bicycling is my favorite form of exercise, and I also like to be able to use my bike for transportation.  That’s not too hard here in the relatively bike-friendly college town of Newark, Delaware.

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, someone else with a wall hanging barometer thermometer. The old version of weather.com. 

 

We've been getting clouds and thunder, but no rain for about 36 hours now. 

 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It rained off and on all day yesterday; at times it was an absolute downpour. It cooled things down very nicely, though.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Temperatures were in the low 90s (32+ for the civilized) here yesterday.  At least the humidity was lower than it might have been.  I took my casting gear outside and did some test work on the last block of old (small, “true”) 25mm Prince August fantasy molds.  It looks like I could staff reasonable armies of humans (infantry-heavy, with the one human mounted figure being in an odd pose that would not make the best looking units), humanoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and orcs, supported by wolf riders), and undead (skeletons, ghouls/zombies, and wraiths, although the skeleton rider is finicky to cast, so they’ll also be foot-heavy).  Phase I will be enough figures for skirmishes with Song of Blades and Heroes, say two dozen or so for some variety.  

 

With the casting out of the way, though, the rest of the weekend has to be devoted to tidying; the marriage license arrived in the mail on Thursday, so we will be making things official on the 25th, even if the party is now punted to the first anniversary.  Besides, if I actually cleaned up, I’d probably get more painting done in the long run.  As you can see, my hobby space has reached a pretty high level of entropy again:

 

EE581779-F4C3-45E2-89EE-67EC5CCB1DA8.thumb.jpeg.2d959742c37b892c64ab9c09a197226b.jpeg

 

I don’t suppose anyone has an inspirational tale of how neat and organized their space always is? :rolleyes:

 

I don't know how inspirational it is, but having seriously limited space helps. I actually don't know if "helps" is the right word, or conveys the full meaning. It's necessary. It also, sort of, keeps me focused on whatever project fits on my tray. At the moment, I have 3 sets of projects on my tray, and I really need to pick 1 to work on. None of them use the same colors, so... it's just a mess. I'll work on that today I think.

 

I spent a lot of yesterday playing Civ6. Playing England this time, and using my religion to try to take over the world. So far I've got 3/8 civs following The Great Turtle, and and another about to switch over. I seriously need to worry about Peter and the Catholic Church. He seems to have Inquisitors to spare.

 

COFFEE!! And soon WAFFLES! (with BACON!!)

  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Temperatures were in the low 90s (32+ for the civilized) here yesterday.  At least the humidity was lower than it might have been.  I took my casting gear outside and did some test work on the last block of old (small, “true”) 25mm Prince August fantasy molds.  It looks like I could staff reasonable armies of humans (infantry-heavy, with the one human mounted figure being in an odd pose that would not make the best looking units), humanoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and orcs, supported by wolf riders), and undead (skeletons, ghouls/zombies, and wraiths, although the skeleton rider is finicky to cast, so they’ll also be foot-heavy).  Phase I will be enough figures for skirmishes with Song of Blades and Heroes, say two dozen or so for some variety.  

 

With the casting out of the way, though, the rest of the weekend has to be devoted to tidying; the marriage license arrived in the mail on Thursday, so we will be making things official on the 25th, even if the party is now punted to the first anniversary.  Besides, if I actually cleaned up, I’d probably get more painting done in the long run.  As you can see, my hobby space has reached a pretty high level of entropy again:

 

I don’t suppose anyone has an inspirational tale of how neat and organized their space always is? :rolleyes:

 

Love the casting.  something i always wanted to try but never wound up with the equipment and time to try. (and now with my current wound issues its not a good idea to play with things that can cause serious damage... when it comes to molten metals, i am unfortunately more enthusiastic than cautious.  I look forward to seeing more of your results!

 

congratulations.on your nuptials, sorry if i missed any initial announcement.  You are making it official on my younger son's birthday!  

The only inspiration is that entropy always wins.  no much, i know.

 

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

We're getting friends over today.

It has been a while since we've seen them ( well I've seen him because he's one of the other Warrants I've been working with for decades...

But this time his wife comes along and that's has been months due to a certain stupid World thing...

 

I'm going to stuff them with food...

 

Had friends over yesterday for dinner and board games and just socializing.  had a great time and stuffed everyone on huge quantities of pulled pork, german potato salad and snacks. 

 

Today will be much quieter

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So thinking about finally trying my hand at making bases, aaaaaaaand. Well.

 

A water-based personal lubricant ought to be fine for keeping Green Stuff from sticking, right?

  • Haha 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: K-Y works fine. I guess.

 

0E7CC7D5-BF87-4028-83BF-3E1F8F825349.thumb.jpeg.52ebc1988dbf0b99d435a63c19e8b8fc.jpeg

 

The first one stamped!

 

The second I got a better pressing but miffed that right side.

 

The third I got released better I think, didn't fudge up the side like I did #2, anyway.

 

Hopefully learning as I go already. This is pretty fun. But slick.

 

Still whittling down the amount of GS, learning how little I need to use. Need to dig out the round bases: the square ones make for a real PITA with the corners lol.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...