Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Yesterday my beautiful bride made fried rice, ribs, dry hot pot, and chicken soup. SO GOOD! Not at all traditional for the 4th, but that's fine.

My holiday fare consisted of store brand chili poured over Ritz crackers. In a bowl. 

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I do want to know who the ELF is setting off fireworks at 8am? Alice hasn't peed in 13 hours at this point, because of them... *sigh*

Coffee...

Some Yutzes Dubble Dawg Daring the NYPD to do anything at all about it....

...that’s my guess. 

• Like 8

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

I do want to know who the ELF is setting off fireworks at 8am? Alice hasn't peed in 13 hours at this point, because of them... *sigh*

Coffee...

Some Yutzes Dubble Dawg Daring the NYPD to do anything at all about it....

...that’s my guess. 

I have a LOT of thoughts, and a few theories about the fireworks and NYPD, but... buzz buzz.

*sigh

COFFEE!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Yesterday my beautiful bride made fried rice, ribs, dry hot pot, and chicken soup. SO GOOD! Not at all traditional for the 4th, but that's fine.

Coffee...

Maybe I should do ribs...

Poor Alice!  My dogs always had the other problem. We had to make sure they were outside when the fireworks started or there was the yellow flood.  They would run dry after the second barrage and then were good til morning

I hope Alice gets relief soon

• Like 10

Just saw this pic on Facebook. 

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

This is the town 50 km from us where we do a ton of business. I know they got flooded 2 days ago but I think this was yesterday for round 2. Wow! Hoping we don't get any of that.

• Sad 13

So, Grump asks me "What do you want for dinner?"

So, I tells Grump, I tell him "Grumpy, me old China, why don't you surprise me?"

So that he did, and he made...

OMG Caribbean jerk chicken stir fry! SOOO good!

Reading Liverpool Garge. It's affecting my language. ::P:

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Ham steak and scalloped potatoes with mixed veggies for dinner yesterday. No fireworks, nothing close enough to walk to and no interest in fighting traffic. We had some local fireworks in the neighborhood, but nothing terribly excessive; maybe 20-30 minutes worth while all the big stuff was going off in the next town.

I have already taken care of the lawn (why do people wait until noon to do that? It makes more sense to do it first thing in the morning while it's still cool out...) and am leaving shortly to run a few errands. That will be the end of any productivity for today, this afternoon is going to be dedicated to relaxing.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

That's ridiculous, hope you can get her to answer the call of nature soon. Poor Alice ::(:

Currently stuck at work. I managed to switch my shifts so I'm available all day on Wednesday for Diva going to and from the vet. I wouldn't be able to concentrate whist she's there anyway, so my boss was happy to let me switch. 

Going to have an Avocado Sushi Burrito as a late lunch, I haven't had one in ages.

• Like 10

I hate the 4th holiday. Woke up last night around 1030 (I get up at 1130.....sigh) to what sounded like cannons from a battleship going off, thanks to the @$$hats that live across the street & their little party they have going on. My wife said they probably had like 20+ people over there.....The carnage & trash they left on/in the gutter & street is unreal. It looks like 2 of those 100 dollar fireworks box. I found a couple aerial stuff in my yard as I came home from work this morning. My wife said they were shooting the crap over the house last night. She even said they got a visit from the fire marshal, so hopefully something happened that warrants city action against them. Also to be honest I hope someone in their little party gets a visit from Mr C19. Crappy thing to say but hey you don't follow the rules, you pay + my summer plans were taken away from me.

As far as critters here, wife said, Thumper was skittery & nervous. So her & kids tracked her down & got her in the house for a bit while most of noise subsided. Hell I had the backdoor at work open while I was breakin pallets down & I could see a sky show of color around 2 am last night...Really? Again, I hate the 4th of July holiday.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

36 minutes ago, TGP said:

81iNQysqMCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I thought, no way. There can’t be such a thing as Noise Cancelling Headphones for Dogs....

:upside:

Shows what I know. 

They aren't noise cancelling... They're standard 28 or 29dBA ear muffs if I remember correctly.  They were designed originally to help protect the hearing of dogs in general aviation airplane if I remember correctly, and also have found a good amount of use for dogs that aren't quite as fond of loud noises too, such as vehicles, thunderstorms, and/or fireworks. 

The problem is getting the dogs used to such devices, being comfortable wearing them, and then understanding the reasoning behind them. It can take a few weeks for them to get used to such, as many dogs find them annoying at first. 

They're called Mutt Muffs apparently. (I'd forgotten the name of them) 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I have already taken care of the lawn (why do people wait until noon to do that? It makes more sense to do it first thing in the morning while it's still cool out...) and am leaving shortly to run a few errands. That will be the end of any productivity for today, this afternoon is going to be dedicated to relaxing.

Mercy for their neighbors who are sleeping in maybe?  I didn't get to him first but we had one neighbor who thought 6 am on saturday was a good choice for lawnmowing.  When I looked out there were four people in pajamas on his lawn explaining that 9 or 10 am would be a much better choice.

I really don't have an opinion on fireworks.  For me they really don't have any meaning if i cant look up to see them, but I used to love them.  I think there should be a restricted time and if a neighborhood wants to be a quiet area they should have the ability to do so, but I really like them and in my youth I had lots of fun with explosives, both legal and illegal.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Mercy for their neighbors who are sleeping in maybe?  I didn't get to him first but we had one neighbor who thought 6 am on saturday was a good choice for lawnmowing.  When I looked out there were four people in pajamas on his lawn explaining that 9 or 10 am would be a much better choice.

NO MERCY!! Mercy is for the weak!

::P:

You make a good point, although I would be fine with someone mowing the lawn at 8 am. After 30 years of getting up at between 5 and 6 am, 7:30 am IS sleeping in to me.

I keep forgetting about the noise aspect, though. I still use an old fashioned rotary push mower; no noise from that other than me huffing and puffing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1