Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Actually managed to accomplish something hobby-adjacent this weekend... :bday::rolleyes:

Didn't manage to get all of my old Ral Partha Official AD&D minis organized, but nearly all the ones from the 10-5XX box sets for which I don't have the actual box are now all neatly separated into dedicated Chessex small figure cases,  one for each box set: 10-550 Forgotten Realms: Heroes, 10-502 Dragonlance: Heroes, 10-504 Dragonlance: Villains,  10-511 Ravenloft: Denizens, and 10-515 Ravenloft: Castle Forlorn... I ran out of small cases at that point, so I still have a complete set of 10-523 Birthright: Abominations and a couple of figures from 10- 524 Birthright: Personalities of the Blood that need permanent homes. (Or at least permanent until the off chance I ever acquire the actual boxes for the sets.)

Also, I have a large case filled with all of the loose figures I have from the 11-0XX AD&D Personalities line, which encompasses all of the individually blistered figures from both the Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance. 40 figures in the line, 40 spaces in the case, lol.

As far as loose unblistered 11-0XX figures, that just leaves the Planescape stuff. But there's not a lot of that, since most of the Planescape figures I have were acquired still in their blister packs.

It's... a start. I still have to get all the 11-XXX Monsters stuff organized, and most of that is unblistered so I'll end up with several large cases stuffed with them.

Also, I need to finish building that larger shadowbox for all my 11-0XX Adventurers, of which I have nearly the entire line as unblistered figures.

But, at least it's a start.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 14

So, my mother in law has asked me to undertake a Project. She purchased an extra I Dream of Jeannie pop vinyl and asked me to paint it green for her, to be Jeannie’s sister. But while looking for color references, I discovered costume differences. So now I’m sculpting a skirt and different head piece into the pop.

It feels good to be doing something creative again.

• Like 18

Mostly recovered from yesterdays festivities here.

Had fireworks all over the valley last night.  Largest display of civil disobedience with respect to California's anti-fireworks ordinances I've ever seen.  No fires.

Has a bad night sleep wise due to all the noise, but it was worth it.

GEM

53 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

That's an idea, but a mower needs to have a mean sound to it, so as to traumatize the grass into not growing so quickly. Also the torches would add the proper "Lawn Cultist" vibe to the proceedings...

It also appears that Littlest Hassenpfeffer has made a friend. Before going out there I saw another smaller rabbit hanging out on the back porch enjoying the shade. So I explained to it that the time of peace and quiet was about to end, and went on my way. After I was done mowing, I saw the new rabbit come loping down the sidewalk in the direction of the feeder. Once it saw me though, it stopped on the edge of the driveway and went about giving me the disapproving glare that rabbits do so well. Meanwhile in the back yard, Little Hassenpfeffer comes up towards the gate, and he's giving me his usual death glare. He hates it when I mow the lawn, and seems to have a low opinion of me in general, which probably has to do with the fact that last year I made it clear in detailed terms just what his fate would be if he got into the pumpkins. So I went back inside because it's too elfing hot and miserable out there to be dealing with judgemental rabbits.

There is no sound more terrifying to grass than the quiet snick - snick - snick of a rotary push mower.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 13

On 7/4/2020 at 9:48 PM, NebulousMissy said:

I had that most American of meals: this week's leftovers.

You ever have Bibimbap?

Leftovers - their not just for Americans, anymore.

The Auld Grump - toss it over rice and chop up a fried egg....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

You ever have Bibimbap?

Leftovers - their not just for Americans, anymore.

The Auld Grump - toss it over rice and chop up a fried egg....

Soooo good because it's simple. Unfortunately, due to food safety laws here, the restaurant has to fry the egg first before serving it on the bibimbap.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, haldir said:

I hate the 4th holiday. Woke up last night around 1030 (I get up at 1130.....sigh) to what sounded like cannons from a battleship going off, thanks to the @$$hats that live across the street & their little party they have going on. My wife said they probably had like 20+ people over there.....The carnage & trash they left on/in the gutter & street is unreal. It looks like 2 of those 100 dollar fireworks box. I found a couple aerial stuff in my yard as I came home from work this morning. My wife said they were shooting the crap over the house last night. She even said they got a visit from the fire marshal, so hopefully something happened that warrants city action against them. Also to be honest I hope someone in their little party gets a visit from Mr C19. Crappy thing to say but hey you don't follow the rules, you pay + my summer plans were taken away from me.

As far as critters here, wife said, Thumper was skittery & nervous. So her & kids tracked her down & got her in the house for a bit while most of noise subsided. Hell I had the backdoor at work open while I was breakin pallets down & I could see a sky show of color around 2 am last night...Really? Again, I hate the 4th of July holiday.

Shockingly, the husband & his kids were outside yesterday, cleaning up their mess. He was using a broom to sweep up the trash in the street!

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, haldir said:

Shockingly, the husband & his kids were outside yesterday, cleaning up their mess. He was using a broom to sweep up the trash in the street!

Well... he's making an effort. Sort of..

Let's applaud him for that..

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

If I had my way, I'd mount some tiki torches to the mower and get out there around 10-11pm, when I'm actually fully awake and eneregetic, but I can't do that inside of city limits.

What have they got against Tiki torches on mowers? :rock:

7 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

So I went back inside because it's too elfing hot and miserable out there to be dealing with judgemental rabbits.

Better a grumpy Lagomorph than angry Unicorns or that Mer-creature conspiracy. 

• Like 8

Wow. Monday must be hitting hard. No posts for five hours?!

I’d come up with a randomness game, but I seem to be acting as a manager today so cannot be bothered to do so. Next person to see this, I hereby delegate the task to you to come up with something.   

And no pretending to not see this! You’ve been getting those spam emails that they have been spying on you via that non-existant web cam, right? Same logic here. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Anne is about to go live with her painting stream:  https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures   I believe she is doing graffitti on one of the Bones dumpsters,  49036 or 80035.

Edit: looks like she is finishing up a dragon today instead

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 5

important things I learned today: 

Do not iron spandex. I definitely wrecked the material, possibly also the iron.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 11