Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

According to the UPS tracking map, it appears that the truck carrying my incoming loot has been trapped in a subdivision on the Eastern outskirts of Plano for three hours now. On one hand this does not surprise me, the subdivision in question is some manner of outpost of the realm of chaos, except with cheaper siding and tennis shoe shaped suvs taking the place of greater demons. On the other, I am beginning to wonder if this is going to turn into some manner of quest where I'm going to have to get the axes and bike on out there to rescue the UPS driver....

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

54 minutes ago, redambrosia said:
2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Just to make sure you NEVER SLEEP AGAIN

nou.thumb.jpg.245e30c173d9035bfefdd7f988a0abd2.jpg

The toy is creepier. Wtf toy companies!!!

The smile on the right unicorn makes me think either he's just smoked something relaxing or relieved himself after holding it for a long time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.b27cc2036de452d020f3bb2507967789.png

The real irony being that your "sidekick" is a CGI Construct.

GEM

4 hours ago, haldir said:

If he's not careful, he gonna wind up spattered all over a runaway somewhere!!! (like twice now or something)

Yeah.

The last incident he almost wiped out an aircraft that was landing when he crossed a runway after being told by ATC to stop and hold.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.cf97d69a993ae7f45fe2f5b34592033b.png

I dunno. He had his uses. I mean, without him, she wouldn’t have had her daughter, and without their daughter Arwen wouldn’t have been born. So, sperm donor at least :lol:

He also served a perfectly good purpose as arm candy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

We have experienced the luxury of walking into a restaurant, sitting down, and being served Real Food by an actual person.  We've been ordering takeout along the way but this is our first actual sit down restaurant meal since early March.

Pure Luxury.

GEM

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

We have experienced the luxury of walking into a restaurant, sitting down, and being served Real Food by an actual person.  We've been ordering takeout along the way but this is our first actual sit down restaurant meal since early March.

Pure Luxury.

GEM

Good for you!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think there might be Dark Powers at work with this.  I might need a circle of protection.  

1590433838004.thumb.jpg.b8921e423f97d9f2ef67593e263769fc.jpg

OK, make it TWO circles of protection, a ward, and three high level chants.  

1590436095686.thumb.jpg.ae3d4d57b121579a160a5dc1bd9cbe81.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 4

One of my co-workers had a heart attack and died this weekend. It was not entirely surprising, he had some known health issues, but unexpected and sudden. He was about my age. He was a good guy and will be missed. 

• Sad 28

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

It appears to be gone.  IIRC, the title of the topic was literally Cookie Clicker, it was in Off-Topic Rampancy, and it was an old 2011-2013 thread that someone had posted to 17-18 days ago, at least according to how long I've been running my game. 

Searching for "cookie clicker" only brings up our recent discussion here, and a mention by Paradoxical Mouse in the Get to Know you thread from May 2018. 

I guess one of our mods decided to protect the rest of the forum by getting rid of the topic? 

Huh. Well, that's a shame. I do like to see what shenanigans Past Me gets up to sometimes. She doesn't even have to be present to cause mischief! :lol:

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

On the other, I am beginning to wonder if this is going to turn into some manner of quest where I'm going to have to get the axes and bike on out there to rescue the UPS driver....

Well, I mean, why not? Any excuse to stage an epic rescue/fight/chase scene involving motorcycles and bladed melee weapon should be sufficient! Don't forget to throw in a few random explosions, for good measure. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Just to make sure you NEVER SLEEP AGAIN

nou.thumb.jpg.245e30c173d9035bfefdd7f988a0abd2.jpg

22 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I think there might be Dark Powers at work with this.  I might need a circle of protection.  

1590433838004.thumb.jpg.b8921e423f97d9f2ef67593e263769fc.jpg

OK, make it TWO circles of protection, a ward, and three high level chants.

Something, something....cannot be unseen.... :zombie:::o::wacko::wow:

Ah well, I didn't need to sleep that much anyway ::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

28 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

K, make it TWO circles of protection, a ward, and three high level chants.  

Uh,  you're going out with a xenomporh, what more protection do you need. I've met her, I wouldn't want to cross her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, OneBoot said:

Well, I mean, why not? Any excuse to stage an epic rescue/fight/chase scene involving motorcycles and bladed melee weapon should be sufficient! Don't forget to throw in a few random explosions, for good measure. 

You're making it sound like a Michael Bay film :lol:

I just found out that our major competitor has once again started shipping equipment with a backdoor wash code built into their latest generation of products for their distributors to use. 

I thought they would have learned their lesson back in 2000 when that code got out, and they spent tens of thousands of dollars sending distributor techs around patching the software to remove it. I spent three weeks upgrading every Conoco gas station car wash terminal in the Denver Metro area that year. 

I must investigate more...

• Like 3
  • Haha 9