Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

When you have food and the baby sees it

F1CA05A4-DA73-461C-AF8F-EA01DCAFE3F7.thumb.jpeg.48a064da97365e0f6d8325e52dad4297.jpeg

I still remember the look on BD's face the exact moment when she realized what food was.

Grump gave her some curried chicken, and you could see her brain light up.

Gerber's wasn't food. It was stuff we filled her with.

The curry was FOOD!

With absolute concentration she sucked ALL the curry off of it, then SLOWLY chewed the chicken.

Then she started reaching for Grumpy's plate - but he sidetracked her by giving her more before she could reach it.

I think curry loving may be genetic. ::D:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figures, MLS is back & my team, the Portland Timbers have their match on Monday evening, same night my D&D game is. Sigh. Hopefully it's on a station we get so I can record it. It's not the same, but at least I'd get to watch it.

EDIT: FS1 Yes we get that one!

New GW release:

man-covers-his-mouth-with-his-hand-as-he

I got out of GW stuff many, many years ago.

• Haha 12

Well, that was... News from parents...  Hospital that grandpa's been in for three weeks gave the special exception for four family members to be able to visit.  Seems he isn't quite recovering from his collapsed lung, despite things looking good after the initial surgery, or at least that's the impression I got from the quick texts I got. 

I'm hoping their diagnosis is wrong, because I don't want to have to deal with parents (and extended family) that mostly won't be able to understand why I wouldn't be able to visit.  Sure, I can be covered and paid for a few days of leave, but my understanding is work won't cover the two weeks of quarantine I'd have to do after the fact since I'd be leaving the province, and then being in close contact with a number of people I usually don't spend time with.  That and for grandma's sake, I want grandpa to recover fully. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 14

24 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Well, that was... News from parents...  Hospital that grandpa's been in for three weeks gave the special exception for four family members to be able to visit.  Seems he isn't quite recovering from his collapsed lung, despite things looking good after the initial surgery, or at least that's the impression I got from the quick texts I got. 

I'm hoping their diagnosis is wrong, because I don't want to have to deal with parents (and extended family) that mostly won't be able to understand why I wouldn't be able to visit.  Sure, I can be covered and paid for a few days of leave, but my understanding is work won't cover the two weeks of quarantine I'd have to do after the fact since I'd be leaving the province, and then being in close contact with a number of people I usually don't spend time with.  That and for grandma's sake, I want grandpa to recover fully. 

Good luck with it all, hope he recovers.

If you explain it the way you do here I would say they should at least understand, they don't have to like it of course.

Maybe you can ask to call grandpa or somehing like that?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Whew.  Made a fast trip up to Northern Nevada on Thursday so we could sign Mortgage Loan Docs on Friday.  Depending on the factory construction schedule, we could be looking at the big move in 60 to 90 days time.

After that, over the "Big Hill" to Roseville to see the kids, who weren't home.::(: They were visiting friends for the weekend, out of town.  So on down the road and we got home about 1:00 AM.  The truck gets better mileage than advertised on the highway, 21-22 mpg instead of the stated 20mpg. And that includes climbing very large mountain ranges. Nissan's 4.0 liter V6 does steep grades very well.  Coming through the Tehachapi mountains some guy in a small Dodge pickup desperate to go "way to fast" had the engine whining about the strain and we are doing the speed limit and only dropping out of overdrive on the steepest sections.

And now to try to plan something for our Anniversary on the 18th, which has been made more difficult with Governor Gruesome's  latest round of edicts restricting most restaurant operations.  If I can get us a reservation we will probably go up to Big Bear for a pleasant summer afternoon while the valley bakes in 100deg [F]+ temps.

And now, to try to get caught up on the last 10 pages of festivities around here.

GEM

• Like 12

20 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

@Zink glad to hear you're alright!

Gotta love how the "optional" health challenge thingy at work (optional in quotes because management forcibly created teams of people and told them we HAD to participate)... They chose an app that's unstable.  Apparently 4.75km is all of 0.03km.  Gotta love it when an app logs you via GPS, but nope, the distance bit fails and stays failed.  Sure, you can fix it, but that doesn't count for challenges, only personal stuff.

I have to ask, because this hits so close th my own situation.  Do you have any people with physical disabilities? If so, what recognition/accomodation has your work made for these inabilities to participate?

Just heard that an unopened copy of the Super Mario Bros. Game has sold at auction in Texas for $114K,

GEM

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Crowley said:

On 7/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, TGP said:
On 7/9/2020 at 9:04 PM, Crowley said:

playing wild boors

:unsure: Is that the new beer? 

Naa, NPCs/Monster in my D&D game. Talking pigs with attitude problems.

Oh. 

So... basically, Orks without hands or hand weapons...?

• Like 8

We went to a lake to day and played in the water. Sephy didn’t particularly like the water, I think it was too cold for her, but she bravely stepped in it and didn’t complain too much when we dipped her feet in. All in all, it was a good time.

Of course, now she’s super tired and refuses to sleep. Instead she’s head butting the floor :rolleyes:

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good luck with it all, hope he recovers.

If you explain it the way you do here I would say they should at least understand, they don't have to like it of course.

Maybe you can ask to call grandpa or somehing like that?

Same.  I'm hoping for the best, but given that one of my uncles was allowed to ditch his office work (after putting in two decades at sea, the Coast Guard was courteous to him and bumped him to a desk job) and dad hopped onto the first flight he could get onto..  We shall see.  I've already warned my boss that my moods very well might be rocky and all over the place for a while, and he's understanding about it.  I'm sure dad will understand - he deals with medivac planes all the time, and work is very understanding about it being his father in the ICU.

On the flipside, I now have a perfectly valid defense for not doing cold calls at work - having one's grandfather - even if he isn't the one I was closest to - in a situation where they very well could die is going to sit on anyone's mind rather heavily.

Got any recommendations for heavy metal that's on Spotify or YouTube Music?  I suspect I'm going to want harder stuff to listen to on Monday :devil:

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I have to ask, because this hits so close th my own situation.  Do you have any people with physical disabilities? If so, what recognition/accomodation has your work made for these inabilities to participate?

GEM

At present, I do not know of anyone in our department (or even branch) that has any serious physical disability to contend with.  I've two minor ones (one from broken ribs, and the other a shoulder that never healed correctly), but they don't impact my ability to walk.  I just hate it when an app glitches and boom, there goes 4.75km of "work" I was tracking towards the overall total of 42km.  I sure would hope though that anyone with such a disability would get considerations.  Half of our coerced team isn't even bothering to track anything, even with workarounds, because they didn't want to be part of it in the first place.

~~

Totally unrelated, I think I might actually be going out to spin poi for the first time in bloody well ages tonight...  Alongside picking up a few groceries while I'm at it.  Even if it is "just" sock poi that are stretchy beyond belief.  I need something to do other than work on minis, rearrange the living room, and whatnot.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Well, this isn't good...

Looks like India's most legendary actor just got hit with the virus....

Amitabh Bachchan is probably the most famous actor in Hindu-language cinema - the guy's dome 180 films in the past 50 years. He's 77 years old.

Hey, he's the guy that's on the Basmati rice bags.

Hope he has a swift recovery!

• Like 6

I'm sure this is old news to everyone but me,but I just learned Happy Seppuku shut up shop. Bummer.

So I picked up some more Basius pads. I'm going to have so many bases not to put minis on lol. But should be fun.

Update on those issues I had with the ones before: I think I must not have mixed the middle batch well enough. Pretty sure those were the only ones that had the light spots. So that's my theory.

Meh. Good times.

• Like 9