Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

5 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Something, something....cannot be unseen.... :zombie:::o::wacko::wow:

Ah well, I didn't need to sleep that much anyway ::P:

I'm not looking for any more.  It's way too spoopy.  

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

You're making it sound like a Michael Bay film :lol:

Well, explosions are pretty awesome. Especially the ones that make stunt doubles fling themselves across the room, or that have the cars blow up for literally no reason. :lol:

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I thought they would have learned their lesson back in 2000 when that code got out

Uh...I guess you won't have to worry about job security? 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 9

Reason #18 why I LOVE looking for a job:

The job listing states that SLP-A certification is required (or that the applicant is actively working toward it). 

...That certification isn't even available until fall of this year... :blink:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 4

48 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Uh...I guess you won't have to worry about job security? 

Won't affect me quite like that because I don't contract with that manufacturer and none of my contracts include that manufacturer's equipment. 

It will help my biggest client, as that company is their biggest competitor. Once Sales finds out about this, they'll make it a point to add "no backdoor" back in as a sales point.  It was a sales point years ago, but they stopped touting it because the competitor took it out.    

23 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Reason #18 why I LOVE looking for a job:

The job listing states that SLP-A certification is required (or that the applicant is actively working toward it). 

...That certification isn't even available until fall of this year... :blink:

And you just know that they'll have a computer scanning the resumes looking for that keyword, and a large number of resumes that otherwise should pass won't pass that filter as a result. 

• Like 11

I feel a little better today. I'm tired though, I was up until 3 am and then didn't sleep very well. 

My computer I ordered shipped! Should be here Monday. It's bittersweet but my 12(+?) year old desktop is on it's last legs I think. And I'd like to be able to play some games on at least a halfway decent computer that will run them. Even if it does have a broccoli graphics card it should be able to run a lot of my games since they aren't graphics intensive. The computer I have now won't even run Stardew Valley.

• Like 13

17 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

cat-snapchat-funny-87-5e8d7a588be56__700.thumb.jpg.eab4cbefb2f96ced936294ce37795d39.jpg

GEM

Alert! Calling W.O.O.F HQ... Alert!

Evidence of M.E.O.W operative cloning program intercepted. 

Alert!

• Haha 15

12 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Crow's Nest! #006 The hardest working man at Reaper! - Ron Hawkins  started at 4:06 PM.  They showed the June free figure of the month, a half giant by Kevin Williams.  

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

This guy?

image.jpeg.6dccfcf4c7b1e6dd6c6b8b8b3b534fa7.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

You're making it sound like a Michael Bay film :lol:

Fun fact about Michael Bay.  

He wanted to make a new movie about the Heavy Water sabotage at Vemork during WWII(Operation Gunnerside),  but he decided that he couldn't make a more awesome movie than the original French/Norwegian movie from 1948 without adding lots of explosions and straying too far from the real story, so he had to settle for doing yet another Transformers movie.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Well, work is done for the day. 2 blog posts written, dog food ordered, and now it's time to have dinner! Was thinking about working out, but HUNGRY...

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Well, work is done for the day. 2 blog posts written, dog food ordered, and now it's time to have dinner! Was thinking about working out, but HUNGRY...

Hmmmmmmmm...................:lol:

Debating on ordering pasta from Pizza Hut myself. I can thank "Reaper"Bryan & his lovely wife, Shannon for turning me on to that. Nice quite sit down dinner on Sunday night of ReaperCon. I wanna say it was 2006 or 07 when the official hotel was the Best Western on Teasley.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, haldir said:

Hmmmmmmmm...................:lol:

Debating on ordering pasta from Pizza Hut myself. I can thank "Reaper"Bryan & his lovely wife, Shannon for turning me on to that. Nice quite sit down dinner on Sunday night of ReaperCon. I wanna say it was 2006 or 07 when the official hotel was the Best Western on Teasley.

:lol:

I'm thinking pasta too, but... from pizza hut? I'd completely forgotten they had pasta. of course it's been DECADES since I was in a pizza hut...

• Like 8

Today I had a preliminary technical interview for a job at a local company. It was my second in the past week.

I'm just barely starting out, but I am already sick of interviews. :zombie:

• Like 10
  • Sad 5