Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/12/2020 at 1:09 PM, OneBoot said:

It must be contagious; both yesterday AND the day before, I only made it to about 7pm before realizing I was literally falling asleep while playing a video game. Last night I slept for 12 hours! :blink:

...Is this what getting old feels like? :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Allegedly.

I can't confirm, I haven't decided to get old yet.::P:

@Pezler the Polychromatic---I'm very sorry to hear it, my friend. If there's anything you need, please let me know.

• Like 8

I've felt awful all weekend. Migraines and allergies do not make for a fun time. I really need to get upstairs and work but I'm just wiped so it's not getting done today. I was hoping my GSW punch would be here by now but it is not. I'm not even sure where it is based on tracking, so that's fun. Probably going to call it an early night after more food.

• Like 1
  • Sad 13
20 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I'm afraid to report that my dad passed away last late night. Got a message in the middle of my shift yesterday that while my dad was in the hospital in the Big CityTM, he was starting to get delirious and several of my family members were driving out there. I rushed that way as soon as my shift was over and managed to see him, though they could only allow 2 people in the room due to COVID-19 policies. The entire family managed to make it there and see him, and he rested a lot more peacefully after the nurses gave him a breakthrough. Most of us went to the hotel to rest, but I only got an hour of sleep before I got the message that he passed away. We were all there to say our goodbyes, and I'm relieved that he's at peace now. It's going to be a tough week, but there are things that need to get done.

Blessed be. ::(:

I am glad your family got to say their goodbyes - it may not seem like much, but it can make a huge difference in years to come.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Blessed be. ::(:

I am glad your family got to say their goodbyes - it may not seem like much, but it can make a huge difference in years to come.

The Auld Grump

It certainly is, and my family members are very grateful for it. Some are scattered throughout the province, but the hospital is more or less centrally located to all of us.

Went to the funeral home today with my brothers to decide the arrangements and decide on several things. Storm blew in and knocked out the power while we were there, and wind and hail knocked down branches. Power was out for over an hour before we left town, and it even knocked out power in my city that's 25 minutes away (45 minutes because the entire stretch of highway is being worked on to add passing lanes).

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

We just 'inherited' a box of Warmachine stuff - metals and books - but the metal models are mostly disassembled, then dumped in the box - so we have a lot of unconnected metal bits.

My interest in Warmachine waned around the middle of their 2nd edition... I have no idea what to do with either the books or the models. <_<

I did snag the plastics - but more for use in steampunk games than any renewed interest in Warmachine. Megan may grab a few things - but... I don't think either of us

is all that interested in trying to patch all the bits together.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
  • Confused 1