Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Condolences @Pezler the Polychromatic:down:

My wife has been away for a few days visiting relatives and friends (there is an Atlantic bubble, so folks who live in the 4 Atlantic provinces can travel between without 14 day quarantines now).

I took the opportunity to dig out all the boxes I'd stuffed under the desks in the paint room and stacked them in the bedroom so I could go through them in the AC (it's been stupid muggy here).

So the good news: I've found pretty much everything I've been looking for since we moved.

The bad news: the bed is covered with all the everything, which all needs to find homes before she gets back in a few hours......

• Like 9
  • Haha 11

Pfff... I made a terrible mistake.

Wanted to create some room in the garden for plants.

Removed dirt, stumbled upon rubber, started cutting a bit away to see what was under it.

Then I saw foam, cut a bit away...( stupid me)

Realized I was cutting into a piece of isolation that's above the cellar door.

So..I ordered liquid rubber, a piece of rubber sheet, kit and geotex bandages to repair that.

I now know how my weekend is going  to look..

I told you I'm a non tech person..

I wished I had thought of it before cutting stuff away..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 13
On 7/11/2020 at 2:47 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

doubly so when a new edition comes out and oh hey, you have to spend several hundred more just to keep playing.

My Magic: The Gathering days called, they want their gimick back..

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
On 7/12/2020 at 9:08 PM, TGP said:

Do they make you use your smartphone for daily work stuff ??  Confused… :huh:

No, but I can listen to music quietly if I wish. And since data entry is mind-numbingly tedious, I generally do wish. :lol:

Busy day today; we're starting to see the (expected, to be honest) uptick in the number of swab tests coming back positive from the week after July 4th celebrations <_<, so lots of phone calls to do. We always call the positives ASAP to make sure they are informed right away, while the negatives (the vast majority, thank goodness) receive a mass text we send out once a day. And in between is the aforementioned data entry, as well as fielding phone calls from people wanting to know their test results sooner. It's tedious, yeah, but it's important, and I'm happy to be doing something useful. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

My mother just told me she's now technically homeless.

Meaning she finally sold the family home I grew up in! :winkthumbs: She's been trying to get rid of it for months.

Two stories, 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, many appliances included (stove, fridge, washer/dryer). Though I have decades of memories there, it was too big a house for a 75 year old widow to take care of. She sold it far below evaluation cost, but she's just glad to not have to take care of it for another winter.

• Like 18
23 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

My mother just told me she's now technically homeless.

Meaning she finally sold the family home I grew up in! :winkthumbs: She's been trying to get rid of it for months.

Two stories, 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, many appliances included (stove, fridge, washer/dryer). Though I have decades of memories there, it was too big a house for a 75 year old widow to take care of. She sold it far below evaluation cost, but she's just glad to not have to take care of it for another winter.

sounds like a gamers paradise:  you have the resin room, the printer room, the metal room, the RPG gaming room, the board gaming room, and the miniatures battles room.  And  you still have a room to sleep in!

Glad to hear she is moving somewhere more comfortable though.  big houses can be a lot to take care of, especially if there is only one person...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
16 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

We just 'inherited' a box of Warmachine stuff - metals and books - but the metal models are mostly disassembled, then dumped in the box - so we have a lot of unconnected metal bits.

My interest in Warmachine waned around the middle of their 2nd edition... I have no idea what to do with either the books or the models. <_<

I did snag the plastics - but more for use in steampunk games than any renewed interest in Warmachine. Megan may grab a few things - but... I don't think either of us

is all that interested in trying to patch all the bits together.

The Auld Grump

If nothing else dump it in a bag named melt table.   [?]

“...I don't think either of us

is all that interested in trying to patch all the bits together...” —AG

That ^ sounds like fun to me. 

• Like 6