Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Totally random fact, but hey, this is the randomness thread -  I cannot eat hot dog buns anymore without losing my mind.

Long story short, I ate a rotten one once and got sick - really sick, and now I can't even look at them anymore without my stomach getting queasy.

But the hot dogs themselves are fine.

Unless you're talking about canines that are at an unusually high temperature. Then I think I'll pass.

Had the same thing happen with fried chicken, which I loved.  Too many times catching food poisoning aboard ship from salmonella .  Which is almost inevitable when you are preparing for 3000+ [aircraft carrier].  It's been over 40 years and I'm at the point where I can eat it, sometimes.

GEM

• Like 7
3 hours ago, TGP said:

How do you feel about Hoagie Rolls?

If you ask for a Hoagie in this parts, you'll get one of these monstrosities :zombie: Kebab meat, chicken tikka, cheese, fries and mystery sauce, all wrapped up in something that might possibly be a rejected nan bread. 

Hoagie2.thumb.jpg.a64902eccd4513a8fd242d3387cd58d9.jpg

My housemate will occasionally bring one home after a work night out. Even Loki won't eat them, and he eats bugs!

• Haha 14
  • Confused 5
6 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Had the same thing happen with fried chicken, which I loved.  Too many times catching food poisoning aboard ship from salmonella .  Which is almost inevitable when you are preparing for 3000+ [aircraft carrier].  It's been over 40 years and I'm at the point where I can eat it, sometimes.

GEM

Sorry to hear that, mate. Salmonella is the worst...

Just now, Kuroneko said:

If you ask for a Hoagie in this parts, you'll get one of these monstrosities :zombie: Kebab meat, chicken tikka, cheese, fries and mystery sauce, all wrapped up in something that might possibly be a rejected nan bread. 

My housemate will occasionally bring one home after a work night out. Even Loki won't eat them, and he eats bugs!

What... IS that?!?!? :blink:

When you listed off the ingredients, it sounded okay up until the mystery sauce and rejected naan, but when I saw it... Mercy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
14 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I am less discriminate than Loki. To me, that looks very tasty. :winkthumbs:

Yes, my eating habits and food preferences have come into question several times.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
12 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Back in the day, drunk me would have probably chowed down on that in a heartbeat! Middle aged me, on the other hand, is just looking at that and shaking my head. 

But seriously, food waste is a big issue. It's nice to see your local food vendors are doing their part to combat that by putting all of the stuff they would normally throw out in a "hoagie."

• Haha 12

The fact that I had to look up what at least four of the items are in that munchy box immediately made me feel like a healthier person. And can I just say, I have never seen such a genuine"you-know-you-want-it-look" on someone selling food before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
15 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

In other news... I've talked about this on the discord but wanted to share here a bit too.  Mrs Wulf and I adopted a couple of kitties this weekend.  They got a little sick earlier this week and haven't been eating, though they are back to drinking on their own again and are showing signs of feeling better, and have at least nibbled a little food this afternoon.  I've resisted spamming the thread here with pictures but I absolutely have to share this one because it made my heart melt.  it's crazy how quickly these little critters can take over our hearts.

IMG_20200714_195943998_(1).thumb.jpg.e10b20d46e0f63164a925889d3245ca1.jpg

That is the most adorable thing I've seen in quite some time. Glad to hear they're feeling better!

That reminds me, I need to talk to someone about joining M.E.OW.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

let me send you some of ours. The lawn is not supposed to squish underfoot. 

Awesome! I'll trade you our 100*F days next week. :devil:

18 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

I've resisted spamming the thread here with pictures but I absolutely have to share this one because it made my heart melt.  it's crazy how quickly these little critters can take over our hearts.

IMG_20200714_195943998_(1).thumb.jpg.e10b20d46e0f63164a925889d3245ca1.jpg

Don't resist! I need adorable kitty pictures like I need a second boot! :lol:

2 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

That reminds me, I need to talk to someone about joining M.E.OW.

You're already a member due to already bein' a kitteh. ::D:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
Reply merge
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

I am less discriminate than Loki. To me, that looks very tasty. :winkthumbs:

Yes, my eating habits and food preferences have come into question several times.

Mine too, and yeah, I'd eat that with gusto! My dear Mrs. Hamster has basically stopped asking me if something is good, as my understanding of "good" and hers are radically different.

Work announced that the furloughs/layoffs are going to be closer to 40% rather than 33%, and the final announcements will go out in the middle of next week. Fun...

Time to walk the girls and have some dinner...

Tonight I'll be sitting in on a World Building panel with several authors I really love.

better.thumb.jpg.dc80f5ceba124e2c639900e9fc508aa7.jpg

How to Build a Better Empire

To celebrate the re-launch of Steel Victory J.L. Gribble is offering her popular alternate history workshop online for the first time ever!

The workshop will be on Wednesday, July 15 at 7 PM Eastern and features three special guests:

This event is FREE, but you will need to register and claim your ticket.

This presentation is intended for fans and creators alike from all genres and mediums. We’ll explore the different types of alternate history, common tropes in the genre, and what considerations are needed when creating your own. Time will be available at the end of the presentation to ask questions of the special guests.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

It gets worse! 

There's also the fabled Munchy Box

Munchy_Box.thumb.jpg.7a04b653b7c3b8762a90d09ad3753b6f.jpg

and it's dreaded cousin, the Deep Fried Munchy Box :lol:

chips-e1505074071280.thumb.jpg.e7bf4c82ebd072cba5bdf9c35f97d7fa.jpg

the Deep fried munchy box looks tasty and I don't have to ask what any of that is.  I don't think I could finish it though and I know I would regret it... but I would still try!

BTW:  its still not as impressive as the burger king breakfast sandwich. 6 inches long, 2 inches wide and 2200 calories each!

the other box though, that's a little more questionable.  I thought I had it figured out until I saw what looks like a chicken leg coming out of what I thought was the donner kebab in the lower left. now I am confused and a little disturbed

@Crowley  Thanks!   I think I have something to listen to tonight!

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 6