Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I had a job interview yesterday.

And they already want a second interview next week! :bday: By phone or in person (5 hour drive) to be determined.

That's great news; best of luck to you!

I'm glad that I already had dinner before checking this thread. Although, I would certainly eat all of the stuff shown with no hesitation.

(Not the kitties, what do you think I am, some kind of monster?)

• Haha 8
1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

It gets worse! 

There's also the fabled Munchy Box

Munchy_Box.thumb.jpg.7a04b653b7c3b8762a90d09ad3753b6f.jpg

and it's dreaded cousin, the Deep Fried Munchy Box :lol:

chips-e1505074071280.thumb.jpg.e7bf4c82ebd072cba5bdf9c35f97d7fa.jpg

Now I really really want to find out where Meat Street Pies is today, because I want to raid her food truck!  .. Cornish Pasty, Chicken Pot Pie, Scottish Pie, Salmon Wellington just give me baked delicious pies I swear I'll let cool down enough but always burn my tongue on within the first three bites because they're just sooooo good... 

Especially the Scottish Pie or Salmon Wellington... 

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Awesome! I'll trade you our 100*F days next week. :devil:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

in the proverbial heartbeat. A week of 100 F weather would do wonders around here.  So would no rain for like the rest of July and August. We don't have 'groundwater' anymore. mostly just 'water'

• Sad 7
2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

If you ask for a Hoagie in this parts, you'll get one of these monstrosities :zombie: Kebab meat, chicken tikka, cheese, fries and mystery sauce, all wrapped up in something that might possibly be a rejected nan bread. 

Hoagie2.thumb.jpg.a64902eccd4513a8fd242d3387cd58d9.jpg

My housemate will occasionally bring one home after a work night out. Even Loki won't eat them, and he eats bugs!

We just use the word (hoagie) to describe a sort of bread. (Upper left corner)

Homemade-Hoagie-Rolls-Recipe-How-to-make

Albeit the bread is destined for ^ sandwich duty. But then the sandwich, whatever it is, will be assigned its own name. (Lower right).

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

If you ask for a Hoagie in this parts, you'll get one of these monstrosities :zombie: Kebab meat, chicken tikka, cheese, fries and mystery sauce, all wrapped up in something that might possibly be a rejected nan bread. 

Hoagie2.thumb.jpg.a64902eccd4513a8fd242d3387cd58d9.jpg

My housemate will occasionally bring one home after a work night out. Even Loki won't eat them, and he eats bugs!

We just use the word (hoagie) to describe a sort of bread. (Upper left corner)

Homemade-Hoagie-Rolls-Recipe-How-to-make

Albeit the bread is destined for ^ sandwich duty. But then the sandwich, whatever it is, will be assigned its own name. (Lower right).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

The fact that I had to look up what at least four of the items are in that munchy box immediately made me feel like a healthier person. And can I just say, I have never seen such a genuine"you-know-you-want-it-look" on someone selling food before. 

Thing is, that box could probably make me 5 lunches easily. And it comes out to only $12.50 for that? It's $2.50 a meal. Incredibly affordable.

Course, that's not eating the whole thing at one sitting.

I'm always surprised when visiting Japan that since I am not a big fan of fish or fish flavored food, my other options are mostly fried foods. If anybody asks my opinion, Japanese are skinny because of the walking around, not what they eat. Family took us to a famous restaurant to try their specialty dish, and what came out looked like someone packed a gallon coffee can with onions, potatoes, shrimp and other dollops then deep fried it. I'm sure the cans were clean, but for real, I could see the tell-tale signs of the can ridges in it!

• Like 10
  • Haha 5
8 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

That's great news; best of luck to you!

I'm glad that I already had dinner before checking this thread. Although, I would certainly eat all of the stuff shown with no hesitation.

(Not the kitties, what do you think I am, some kind of monster?)

The comic Looking For Group had the evil necromancer pondering if the griffin mount they were talking about eating would taste like baby. Another character tried correcting him, that the phrase was "tastes like chicken", to which the response was "why would someone eat chicken?".

I guess a monster would ponder if a kitten would taste like chicken.

• Haha 8
On 7/14/2020 at 12:14 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

We just 'inherited' a box of Warmachine stuff

Ooh, too bad it wasn't Hordes...  I might have been able to help relieve some of that problem.

On 7/14/2020 at 4:52 PM, TGP said:

“...I don't think either of us

is all that interested in trying to patch all the bits together...” —AG

That ^ sounds like fun to me.

That sounds like an ID thread to me...

52 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

You're already a member due to already bein' a kitteh. ::D:

He was raised to be a sleeper agent and had no idea until M.E.O.W.sent him that secret activation code the week before he joined the forum...

8 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I guess a monster would ponder if a kitten would taste like chicken.

Actually, a monster is more likely to wonder if chicken tastes like kittens...

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
1 hour ago, Cygnwulf said:

In other news... I've talked about this on the discord but wanted to share here a bit too.  Mrs Wulf and I adopted a couple of kitties this weekend.  They got a little sick earlier this week and haven't been eating, though they are back to drinking on their own again and are showing signs of feeling better, and have at least nibbled a little food this afternoon. 

Yeah, sometimes that happens if their routine gets disturbed.  Did you change food from what they were used to?   When I got mine (12 years ago) they would only eat 1 flavor of 1 brand and nothing else.  Hope little kitty tummies are better soon. 

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

It gets worse! 

There's also the fabled Munchy Box

and it's dreaded cousin, the Deep Fried Munchy Box :lol:

Egad!  A person could eat for nearly a week out of that! 

In the US a hoagie is a sandwich stuffed with a little more meat and cheese than the bun can hold:

20110815-asad-amato-deli-philadelphia-01.jpg.38233bf4b5f5f9f0337317cfdf9d57cd.jpg

And they have various names depending on which part of the country you're from. 

54 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Awesome! I'll trade you our 100*F days next week. :devil:

Thanks, but we already have some on order. They come free with July and August. 

• Like 7

In other news, Jack currently contains no fissionable material.*

Spoiler

(Jack is fireproof right now because he lacks sufficient energy to be combustible.)

6 minutes ago, Inarah said:

And they have various names depending on which part of the country you're from.

Traditionally, around here they're called grinders or subs, and there's a story behind those two names...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7